Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
prophetriver.com

Nikon Rifle scopes Clearance $179. S/H +$17-22

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2020 8:40 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2003
563 posts
585 upvotes
Saskatoon

Nikon Rifle scopes Clearance $179. S/H +$17-22

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
43%
Expiry:
March 10, 2020
Retailer:
prophetriver.com
Three models to choose from. Nikon quality glass. Nikon seems to be getting out of the scope business but they will honor the lifetime warranty.

Notice the different zoom and different reticles when choosing. This seems to be around the price of a used scope, so should be able to sell it and possibly break even. That makes it a good buy, IMHO.

There are 16 -17 quantity of each scope left when I posted this.

4-12x (SOLD OUT)
Your text to link here...

3-9x (SOLD OUT)

3-9x (last 3 in stock!)
Last edited by realBIGmike on Mar 2nd, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
25 replies
Jan 4, 2007
231 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
These are great prices, but for anyone thinking about long term warranty/support, keep in mind Nikon has announced they are exiting the scope business.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2003
563 posts
585 upvotes
Saskatoon
I wonder why ppl are giving the thumbs down.
I said in the OP that nikon may be exiting the scope business. They will honour the lifetime warranty though, nikon is not going out of business. So they have all those years of optics experience, the scopes are good quality for the money especially with the sale- according to the guy I talked to at the store.

Even if they wont replace the scope with a new one, at least you will get money back. Not really much to lose here.
Jan 28, 2019
200 posts
1502 upvotes
Ontario
realBIGmike wrote: I wonder why ppl are giving the thumbs down.
I said in the OP that nikon may be exiting the scope business. They will honour the lifetime warranty though, nikon is not going out of business. So they have all those years of optics experience, the scopes are good quality for the money especially with the sale- according to the guy I talked to at the store.

Even if they wont replace the scope with a new one, at least you will get money back. Not really much to lose here.
Its probably the anti gunners who downvote any post related to firearms
Feb 24, 2004
175 posts
634 upvotes
YYC
SFP but outstanding hunting scopes. Got one. Thx OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1833 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks. Ordered the 4x12
Sep 30, 2007
83 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
fluidmax wrote: Yes ..but over kill
Are these scopes overkill if I want to shoot cans at 50 yards at the cottage with a .22 rifle? Something cheaper will probably do right?
Jan 19, 2008
987 posts
450 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
At 50 yards you could just use the ironsights Face With Tears Of Joy, but yeah, this would be overkill for plinking with a .22
*Determination.
Banned
Feb 28, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
got it already but dont know it has lifetime warrant. thanks anyway
Jun 28, 2019
76 posts
165 upvotes
Uranus
ShananthanV4787 wrote: Its probably the anti gunners who downvote any post related to firearms
lol the gun grabbers won't be happy until we are relegated to using telescopes attached to muskets...

But yeah it's a good deal, and nice looking glass, thanks for the heads up OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
KittyCartel wrote: lol the gun grabbers won't be happy until we are relegated to using telescopes attached to muskets...

But yeah it's a good deal, and nice looking glass, thanks for the heads up OP!
Muskets are weapons of war designed to kill people.

Does anyone know of a good deal on decent scopes in the 5-20x -ish range with MRAD reticle?
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3104 posts
1777 upvotes
Kingston
carbide wrote: Muskets are weapons of war designed to kill people.

Does anyone know of a good deal on decent scopes in the 5-20x -ish range with MRAD reticle?
I bought from the UK and filled in import paperwork and saved about $300 over the price of my Athlon scope in Canada (a 6x34x50 I believe, total overkill for what I needed but it’s fine). Look at sales and special offers and factor in shipping costs and exchange rates. I lucked out.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2003
563 posts
585 upvotes
Saskatoon
JC69 wrote: I bought from the UK and filled in import paperwork and saved about $300
How bad/how long to do the paperwork? Any fees, delays, hassles?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3104 posts
1777 upvotes
Kingston
realBIGmike wrote: How bad/how long to do the paperwork? Any fees, delays, hassles?
Literally 5 mins. Emailed to company. Done and dusted. Longest delay was shipping which took a week or two. Look at the big online stores and check out the specials and clearance items and wait for coupons, there’s some real deals to be had if you’re patient.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19377 posts
3579 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
paulbian wrote: Are these scopes overkill if I want to shoot cans at 50 yards at the cottage with a .22 rifle? Something cheaper will probably do right?
It's a good choice.

I have good scopes on both my .22s, aLeupold VX2 3-9x33 EFR Rimfire on my 10-22 and a VX2 3-9x40 LR on my CZ Style. You could get something cheaper, but you'll get a lot of bang for your buck with the Nikon.
Jan 20, 2019
501 posts
880 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: It's a good choice.

I have good scopes on both my .22s, aLeupold VX2 3-9x33 EFR Rimfire on my 10-22 and a VX2 3-9x40 LR on my CZ Style. You could get something cheaper, but you'll get a lot of bang for your buck with the Nikon.
Roughly how much did the VX2 go for back in the day, if I might ask? Do you recall?
[OP]
Dec 25, 2003
563 posts
585 upvotes
Saskatoon
JC69 wrote: Literally 5 mins. Emailed to company. Done and dusted.
So they did the ITAR for you and then you had to do some papers with Canadian customs?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19377 posts
3579 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
rfdfan75 wrote: Roughly how much did the VX2 go for back in the day, if I might ask? Do you recall?
The VX2 3-9x40 was probably the most popular, it was around $400. I'm not sure how much I paid for my EFR, I can't find it in my email and I don't even remember where I bought it. The LR was used, I got it on a Remington 700 stainless varmint model, picked up that set for $1000. The 700 got upgraded to a Zeiss Terra so the VX2 could go onto the CZ .22.