Expired Hot Deals

[ProteinCo] New Zealand Whey Protein 2 x 5 lbs + Free Shipping $74.77

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2016 8:59 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 31, 2012
140 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto

New Zealand Whey Protein 2 x 5 lbs + Free Shipping $74.77

Deal Link:
Price:
74.77
Retailer:
ProteinCo
This could be a good deal.

I have never used this QC-based supplier or tried any of their products, so I cannot comment on reliability/quality.

Coupon Code: WHEY38

http://www.proteinco.ca/2-x-new-zealand-whey-protein/
25 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 27, 2005
709 posts
140 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
I'm no expert, but the 23g protein yield per 35g scoop is poor. 65.7%...what's in the other 35% that's not protein?

And they make it clear that it's not a protein isolate...depending on your goals, this may matter or not.

For a "New Zealand" whey, something doesn't add up.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
5486 posts
2514 upvotes
Heard bad things about that company website.

Currently using Canadian Protein's New Zealand whey. 24g protein per 30g scoop. Use the unflavored and mix it in with green smoothies.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1524 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
No problem with ProteinCo... Here..
I do.. use the Isolate from them.... so I can't comment on just the whey protein.

Have never had a problem, they taste AMAZING.. Maple is so good. They mix really well
Also, they usually send coupon codes for 25% off anything etc.. which is when I buy
Member
Apr 19, 2009
239 posts
113 upvotes
Recently bought few containers of BCAAs from them... any way to tell that it's not just some flavored placebo?
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2014
913 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
On the upside for those who have problems with soy this is about the only only decently priced protein that doesn't have soy (lecithin) in the listed ingredients...

I'm going to investigate this more though as they don't actually show the label... so it's hard to know for sure
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1524 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
panckage wrote: On the upside for those who have problems with soy this is about the only only decently priced protein that doesn't have soy (lecithin) in the listed ingredients...

I'm going to investigate this more though as they don't actually show the label... so it's hard to know for sure
Ingredients
Whey protein concentrate, Maltodextrin, natural and artificial flavor, xanthan gum, sucralose(30mg)
Excellent with fruits in smoothies.

All stick with my isolate :P
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3485 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
TotalDistinction wrote: I'm no expert, but the 23g protein yield per 35g scoop is poor. 65.7%...what's in the other 35% that's not protein?

And they make it clear that it's not a protein isolate...depending on your goals, this may matter or not.

For a "New Zealand" whey, something doesn't add up.
have to agree, this is a deal killer for me, cause i am focused on just protein.
====================================
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1524 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
ludhi wrote:
TotalDistinction wrote: I'm no expert, but the 23g protein yield per 35g scoop is poor. 65.7%...what's in the other 35% that's not protein?

And they make it clear that it's not a protein isolate...depending on your goals, this may matter or not.

For a "New Zealand" whey, something doesn't add up.
have to agree, this is a deal killer for me, cause i am focused on just protein.
The whole point of New Zealand Whey is no hormones or antibiotics, it has nothing to do with the protein content..
If you care that much you get the isolate...27g per 30g scoop...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3485 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote:
ludhi wrote:
TotalDistinction wrote: I'm no expert, but the 23g protein yield per 35g scoop is poor. 65.7%...what's in the other 35% that's not protein?

And they make it clear that it's not a protein isolate...depending on your goals, this may matter or not.

For a "New Zealand" whey, something doesn't add up.
have to agree, this is a deal killer for me, cause i am focused on just protein.
The whole point of New Zealand Whey is no hormones or antibiotics, it has nothing to do with the protein content..
If you care that much you get the isolate...27g per 30g scoop...
i used to order newzealand whey from Canada protein and the protein concentration was always near 80%. That was the perfect balance for me, thats why the 60% range is more a downgrade in quality and quantity.
====================================
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5357 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote:
ludhi wrote:
TotalDistinction wrote: I'm no expert, but the 23g protein yield per 35g scoop is poor. 65.7%...what's in the other 35% that's not protein?

And they make it clear that it's not a protein isolate...depending on your goals, this may matter or not.

For a "New Zealand" whey, something doesn't add up.
have to agree, this is a deal killer for me, cause i am focused on just protein.
The whole point of New Zealand Whey is no hormones or antibiotics, it has nothing to do with the protein content..
If you care that much you get the isolate...27g per 30g scoop...
Is it possible to care about both no hormones or antibiotics and protein content?
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
413 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
23g, 24g, 27g ...can you really trust these numbers? ProteinCo, Canadian Protein, etc. - none of these companies has had their claims verified by an independent and recognized testing body. Remember, the supplement industry is an unregulated industry.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1524 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
famosa wrote: 23g, 24g, 27g ...can you really trust these numbers? ProteinCo, Canadian Protein, etc. - none of these companies has had their claims verified by an independent and recognized testing body. Remember, the supplement industry is an unregulated industry.
This is kinda interesting.. take it for what it's worth..

We will gladly provide what you are asking for. However, we do not share that confidential information across the web and we will need to mail it to you personally. Hence, please send us your address, proof of ID and the reason for the request and our lab technician will prepare the information strictly for you. The document will have the mention CONFIDENTIAL and you will be legally advised against further distribution.
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
413 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
GSpeed wrote: This is kinda interesting.. take it for what it's worth..

We will gladly provide what you are asking for. However, we do not share that confidential information across the web and we will need to mail it to you personally. Hence, please send us your address, proof of ID and the reason for the request and our lab technician will prepare the information strictly for you. The document will have the mention CONFIDENTIAL and you will be legally advised against further distribution.
Extremely interesting!

Canadian Protein or ProteinCo?

Also, why not an independent lab technician?
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1524 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
famosa wrote:
GSpeed wrote: This is kinda interesting.. take it for what it's worth..

We will gladly provide what you are asking for. However, we do not share that confidential information across the web and we will need to mail it to you personally. Hence, please send us your address, proof of ID and the reason for the request and our lab technician will prepare the information strictly for you. The document will have the mention CONFIDENTIAL and you will be legally advised against further distribution.
Extremely interesting!

Canadian Protein or ProteinCo?

Also, why not an independent lab technician?
ProteinCo

I will have to say this, the website is all over the place and hard to find everything.. They also need to find a better french to English translator.

http://www.proteinco.ca/natural-health- ... npn-canada
http://www.proteinco.ca/third-party-testing
http://www.proteinco.ca/certified-licensed-facility
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
5486 posts
2514 upvotes
Canadian Protein is a legit company.
Member
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
413 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote: Canadian Protein is a legit company.
They might be a legit company, but are their claims legit?

Any links to third party tests?
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2014
913 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GSpeed wrote: The document will have the mention CONFIDENTIAL and you will be legally advised against further distribution.
So a consumer must send unreasonable personal information in order to see the details? And then if that person shares the data the company will sue them? HAHAHA

I would say the company can go F themselves but it ispretty average for the supplement industry :P

Top