Expired Hot Deals

[Provigo] It's true--Haagen Dazs 2 for $7 (also at Your Independent Grocer)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 10:12 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2851 posts
580 upvotes
Leverage wrote: I might be in the minority, but I've found Haagen Dazs quality has declined over the last few years. This $3.50-$4.00 price point used to be quite rare, but is common lately, and the only thing I can think of is that their ingredients are getting cheaper therefore making the lower pricepoint profitable.

I'd agree that it's still better than most of the garbage on the shelves, but ultimately a local ice cream supplier like Kawartha in Ontario or Avalon in BC offer a way better product at a similar price point, and you're supporting local. Haagen Dazs is owned & operated by Nestle.
Thanks for pointing out that it's a Nestle brand. I've been trying to boycott them as much as possible.
Jesus saves, I spend
Jul 24, 2019
417 posts
474 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP. If RFDers can't get the deal with the 3000 Optimum points, alternative is to pay $10 on ice cream + groceries and redeem you 10000 Optimum points, making this 'free'
billrush wrote: Kawartha Dairies is the best ice cream
Kawartha Dairies huge tub is $6.99 at CostcoSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
246 upvotes
Lazy Susan wrote: Thanks for pointing out that it's a Nestle brand. I've been trying to boycott them as much as possible.
Yes I didn’t know either originally. Thanks Leverage.

Sam
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5147 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
czbayern2 wrote: You can get 2 Haagen Dazs ice cream tubs for 7 bucks at Provigo and Your Independent Grocer until Wednesday the 26th.*

If you're not familiar with prices in the ice cream department, then let me clarify a thing or two for you.

This particular ice cream only gets down to $3 during store-specific clearances--roughly once per year. Being able to snatch a tub for $3.5 is an absolute no-brainer price for what is considered the Ferrari of ice cream.

It's about time you put the highly-processed junk (Breyers, Chapmans, Nestlé, etc.) aside, and let your body finally thank you for giving it what it really deserves--a high quality ice cream made only with the finest natural ingredients.

To give you an example, the ingredients of the Matcha Green Tea flavor I'm currently eating can be counted on a single hand: Cream, Concentrated Skim Milk, Sugar, Liquid Egg Yolks, and Green Matcha Tea. Not one more.

That's right, Haagen Dazs has no weird additives that make your stomach hurt. No modified milk ingredients, hydrogenated coconut oil, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, guar gum, polysorbate 80, tartrazine, carrageenan, etc. crap other brands often use.

On top of that, this ice cream's rich fat content helps your body slow down the absorption of sugars, resulting in a very mellow release of energy. Simply put, you won't feel the "sugar rush" (and down) you get when you eat the cheaper brands.

And, if that's not enough, bear in mind that ONE cup of this creamy goodness yields 40% of your daily Vitamin A requirements. And 30% of your calcium needs. That's more than what you get drinking a cup of whole milk!

Have fun!

I wish I could recommend a single flavor... but they are all equally delectable.

*The regular price for one tub is $6, but you get a multi-buy discount when you buy two. This brings the price down to $5 each. And since there is a free 3000 Optimum points when you spend 10 bucks on Haagen Dazs, it brings the price down to only $3.5 per tub.

Good copy writing lol
Oct 4, 2006
208 posts
37 upvotes
upvoted just for the big chunk of the essay OP has to write up.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4929 posts
1286 upvotes
Toronto
czbayern2 wrote: You can get 2 Haagen Dazs ice cream tubs for 7 bucks at Provigo and Your Independent Grocer until Wednesday the 26th.*

If you're not familiar with prices in the ice cream department, then let me clarify a thing or two for you.

This particular ice cream only gets down to $3 during store-specific clearances--roughly once per year. Being able to snatch a tub for $3.5 is an absolute no-brainer price for what is considered the Ferrari of ice cream.

It's about time you put the highly-processed junk (Breyers, Chapmans, Nestlé, etc.) aside, and let your body finally thank you for giving it what it really deserves--a high quality ice cream made only with the finest natural ingredients.

To give you an example, the ingredients of the Matcha Green Tea flavor I'm currently eating can be counted on a single hand: Cream, Concentrated Skim Milk, Sugar, Liquid Egg Yolks, and Green Matcha Tea. Not one more.

That's right, Haagen Dazs has no weird additives that make your stomach hurt. No modified milk ingredients, hydrogenated coconut oil, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, guar gum, polysorbate 80, tartrazine, carrageenan, etc. crap other brands often use.

On top of that, this ice cream's rich fat content helps your body slow down the absorption of sugars, resulting in a very mellow release of energy. Simply put, you won't feel the "sugar rush" (and down) you get when you eat the cheaper brands.

And, if that's not enough, bear in mind that ONE cup of this creamy goodness yields 40% of your daily Vitamin A requirements. And 30% of your calcium needs. That's more than what you get drinking a cup of whole milk!

Have fun!

I wish I could recommend a single flavor... but they are all equally delectable.

*The regular price for one tub is $6, but you get a multi-buy discount when you buy two. This brings the price down to $5 each. And since there is a free 3000 Optimum points when you spend 10 bucks on Haagen Dazs, it brings the price down to only $3.5 per tub.

I eat Haagen Dazs for its calcium content, who wants to drink a WHOLE cup of milk??
Apr 24, 2015
48 posts
63 upvotes
Lancaster Park, AB
Last week I picked up a tub of coffee flavored HD when it was on sale at Save-on, and it tasted kind of ...watery. Maybe I'm just getting old & my taste buds are dying off. Or maybe the ice cream is not as rich as it used to be.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1327 posts
2493 upvotes
Markham
Nestle is a disgusting company. They would literally kill your baby if they can make a few bucks and think they can get away with it:
https://listverse.com/2018/01/03/10-out ... -scandals/
Yes, companies exist to make money, but not all of them will kill babies to do it.
Last edited by Dave510 on Feb 23rd, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 24, 2015
48 posts
63 upvotes
Lancaster Park, AB
I also found that if they let it sit outside the freezer for any amount of time while clerks are restocking the shelves, the sensory qualities of such ice cream aren't as good. It's no longer 'smooth'.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1709 posts
1541 upvotes
GTA
Too bad we are not close a Provigo or Independent Grocer.

With our PCO personalized offer

if bought 4 for $20
= 20 - 10*
= $10 spent

= $2.50 per tub!

*3,000x2 store offer + 800x5 PCO personalized offer in points = 6k + 4k or $10 in points
Images
  • Screenshot_20200223_192743.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3258 posts
2444 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Leverage wrote: Haagen Dazs is owned & operated by Nestle.
Lazy Susan wrote: Thanks for pointing out that it's a Nestle brand. I've been trying to boycott them as much as possible.
songanddance wrote: Yes I didn’t know either originally. Thanks Leverage
Ah shit. This changes everything. Thanks for the heads-up. Confused Face
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2364 posts
799 upvotes
Ottawa
FragmentsOfLife wrote: 2 for $10 =/= 2 for $7 + 3000 points

Also, no need to glorify ice cream like it's some kind of super food, nor is there a need to judge people for buying different brands
How is Haagen Dazs NOT a super food? u ok bro?
Jul 5, 2013
960 posts
1475 upvotes
Saint John
The ice-cream is really delicious but you didn't mention that on average there are 18g fat, including 11g saturated fat and 0.5g Trans fat per 125ml. In other words, there are 44g saturated fat and 2g trans fat per tub.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9180 posts
3384 upvotes
Toronto
demon1102 wrote: The ice-cream is really delicious but you didn't mention that on average there are 18g fat, including 11g saturated fat and 0.5g Trans fat per 125ml. In other words, there are 44g saturated fat and 2g trans fat per tub.
That’s why it’s so good. If you want some lower fat substitutes go for one of those ghastly frozen ice desserts with their myriad of garbage ingredients. As long as you keep your overall calories in check there’s nothing wrong with saturated fat. And naturally occurring trans fat, as it is in this case, is fine. It’s the artificial trans fats that you want to avoid.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.