• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2016 10:48 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1574 upvotes

PS3 & PS4 Nat Failed issue

Few weeks ago the ps3 & ps4 in the house have lost the ability to online game. The Nat keeps failing. When this happened no changes to the home network were done.

We are with Xplornet and while we dont have the fastest speed, surprising online gaming did work (within reason) I never had to change anything on my end, it just worked with the easy settings on the consoles.

Both systems are hard wired via Dlink power line as well.

Last night I tried everything I could to get them to work, and during the connection test, the Nat still failed. Tried it on wireless and wired, tried it doing the easy settings and even custom, where I gave them their own static IP and set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for Google. Also tried changing my routers DNS to that as well as the default, and still nothing

Called Xplornet and as usual they say nothing has changed on their end. Only thing I havent tried but will tonight is a direct hardwire to the modem, bypassing the router

I even tried adding one to DMZ on the router, and still the same outcome. Download and upload speeds on the PS4 are decent, so I dont understand why the NAt keeps failing. I havent opened any ports on the router, but it worked before without this.

Any advice would be appreciated. I dont even online game, so while I understand the settings, etc I have never really dove into finding all the great tweaks, etc
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1574 upvotes
divx wrote: try use a different router?
Its a fairly new Asus router, and trying to fix the issue, not just replace the router. I will know if its a router issue when I bypass it tonight.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34480 posts
4033 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spidey wrote:
Its a fairly new Asus router, and trying to fix the issue, not just replace the router. I will know if its a router issue when I bypass it tonight.
my ac66u had issue with wireless connection till i flashed it with tomato
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1574 upvotes
divx wrote:
Spidey wrote:
my ac66u had issue with wireless connection till i flashed it with tomato
Did you read the post. Its doing it wireless and wired. And this isnt an issue that always has been there, its one that started recently. The fix of replace the router isnt a fix. Thats not even troubleshooting
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1574 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: Factory reset maybe?
Same thing is happening on all different systems, PS3 and PS4. I still haven't had time to test a direct line and bypass the router.

I still think its Xplornet doing it, they are known for throttling and making things slow on purpose
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1574 upvotes
I knew it, it was on their end. Bypassed the router and direct connect, Nat still failed. A 1 hour phone call of troubleshooting and NAT was turned on on their end. That was turned off, and back to normal