Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
134 upvotes

PS3 reball service in toronto?

Hey Iv had a busted ps3 sitting on my shelf for over a year now and was thinking about getting it fixed, its an older 60GB. I was reading a few sites and this new reball technique seems to be much better then the previous reflow one.

I was just wondering, any place in Toronto that does this? Its my 3rd Ps3 ( have 2 working) so im in no rush, just would prefer to have it fixed rather then send it to sony for a new one as i could use it as linux system to back up my BDDVDs.

( Or a place where I could send it to)
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2187 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
What problem are you having? (yellow light of death) if so I've been reading about that and people were saying there is really no permanent fix to it. If you want to backup your games you could always jailbreak/softmod your ps3
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
134 upvotes
realg123 wrote: What problem are you having? (yellow light of death) if so I've been reading about that and people were saying there is really no permanent fix to it. If you want to backup your games you could always jailbreak/softmod your ps3

Ya i have YLOD. And about the JB....Well LOL

1) I have a slim ps3 running 3.60 =)
2) I have another slim ps3 running K 3.55 Jailbroken + linux =D
3) I just want a 3rd one =p so thats why im looking to get this fixed lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2187 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
I believe it cost 100+ to fix that problem and I read that it may not be a perm fix. You're better of buying a used console and selling your ps3 for parts
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1336 posts
626 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Reballing is a permanent fix, re-flowing isn't. There's a difference. One requires removing the lead free solder and replacing it with leaded solder which will not melt and warp like the lead free stuff. The other merely heats up the old stuff and 're-flows' the solder joints.
Aug 20, 2020
272 posts
255 upvotes
Is there a decent place to get reball done in GTA for a fat ps3?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1203 posts
933 upvotes
Ottawa
Just do it yourself. Good guides on youtube. I did my fat 60GB years ago. Lots of parts, lots of screws, but just go slow.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5140 upvotes
Toronto
honestly surprised there's still people doing these things on such an old console... lucky that we live in a big city like toronto
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5616 posts
5814 upvotes
GTA
ManCaveGamer wrote: honestly surprised there's still people doing these things on such an old console... lucky that we live in a big city like toronto
I have three PS3's. Seriously, not referencing the meme here. If I only had one yeah I'd probably want it repaired, easy to find cheap games for, great catalogue of games, solid BR player, Netflix, YouTube, a very versatile device for some still. Honestly out of my three I would want to keep my Fat alive because it is a software BC version, those still have some value I believe.
c'mon get happy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)