PC & Video Games

PS4 dualshock 4 controllers never on sale anymore?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 11:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 28, 2020
160 posts
68 upvotes

PS4 dualshock 4 controllers never on sale anymore?

Hi guys. First time poster here!

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a new PS4 controller thats not full price? I remember previous boxing day and black friday. They would go on sale for 39.99 or 49.99...something like that. I've been hunting this last and this week and can't find anything. Theyre all full price. Best I'm seeing is
Dell.ca, which Ive never bought from before. I'm surprised they're still that expensive.
https://pilot.search.dell.com/8440/Ps4%20controller

On a side note, I'm also looking for ps3 controllers as well. Don't suppose someone can direct me to the best source for these as well.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4487 posts
4653 upvotes
GTA
Kijiji for PS3 controller, very rare to find a new one now.
The PS4 hardware and accessories will probably never go on sale again as they are phasing out the hardware already. I believe I read Sony isn't offering the Pro through retail channels anymore so that's a sign of the death knell. Hardware is made on demand nowadays, not all willy-nilly as things once were, which allowed for huge overstock clearances. So if you really want a DS4, start looking hard now for a small savings because chances are, they will only go up as they become 'rarer' brand new.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9585 posts
4072 upvotes
PS4 Dualshocks are probably out of production. Maybe due to COVID, but Sony probably wants to focus on PS5 production now since it is backwards compatible anyway.

The Nintendo Switch is the best selling console for over 26 months in a row now in the USA which is a new record for any console
to hold a large sales streak for that long over the competitors in the USA market.

The PS5 Dualsense can be used to play PS4 games on PS5, but cannot be connected to a PS4.

People on Reddit were saying the PS4 Pro has been out of stock since November.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2020
160 posts
68 upvotes
Thanks for the advice. Just ended up grabbing the dualshock 4 V2 from Dell.ca. cheapest im seeing so far @ 64.99
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20771 posts
6582 upvotes
If you have Shoppers Drug mart points, last week would have been a good time to pick up another controller. I have a couple already so I don't need more but I picked up another Xbox Series X controller for $65 off using 50K points. Lots of Dual Shock 4 controllers as well as the new PS5 controllers in the display case. Just no systems...