PC & Video Games

Genshin Impact will be available on September 28(Free to Play)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 1:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2197 posts
2944 upvotes
Windsor

Genshin Impact will be available on September 28(Free to Play)

Genshin Impact will arrive globally on PlayStation 4, as well as PC, iOS and Android, on September 28.

Revealed at Gamescom today, the free-to-play open-world action-RPG (which bears a striking resemblance to Zelda: Breath of the Wild) finally revealed its console launch date. While we'd previously known the same date for other platforms, PS4 has only just been confirmed.

Nintendo Switch and Xbox One version on the way

16 replies
Apr 21, 2017
352 posts
302 upvotes
Chelsea
Is ... is .... is this a deal one month in advance to share about a free game that will remain free ?
Aug 19, 2008
302 posts
159 upvotes
Pay2win garbage. Will avoid.
Apr 21, 2017
352 posts
302 upvotes
Chelsea
mymuro wrote: The hype is real. A Nintendo fanboy even smashed his PS4 because of this game: https://screenrant.com/ps4-genshin-impa ... a-protest/
Sure ? But, where is the deal ? This is the hot deal subforum, not the this free to play game releases in a month so mark your calendar

Had the release date been today and I was given an in-game teddy bear for downloading, sure.. but bruh, you’re not even looking for upvote at this point, this is litteral begging lol
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1962 posts
489 upvotes
I guess the deal s that it's free? I thought it would only be free on mobile and not PS4.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2328 posts
357 upvotes
I'll try it. They're pretty unabashed about the BotW influence and if they capture even half that games soul and polish it will be worth dumping some time into.

I somewhat doubt it will being free to play and from a Chinese Studio.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2328 posts
357 upvotes
I haven't played it much yet, but the controls on PC are driving me insane and I can't see a way to remap them. I think they just kept the controls the same between the Asian and international clients, so B/Circle are confirm and A/Cross are are cancel. The camera movement in the Y axis is like 1/5th the speed of the X axis, making it a total chore to look around. Also since it's trying so hard to look like BotW it's breaking my brain to have the pickup command on a different button.

The walk cycle of the first character you get is also just... yeesh. It's super slow and awkwardly animated.

I want to give this a fair shake, but the controls are really bothering me.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1191 posts
255 upvotes
Free to play. Pay to win. China made knockoff BotW. Comes with backdoor program. Check check check check.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1499 posts
1135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Am currently playing it, its actually quite a good game, even considering the gatcha elements.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2613 posts
2792 upvotes
GTA
startoss wrote: Free to play. Pay to win. China made knockoff BotW. Comes with backdoor program. Check check check check.
Starting to worry about this, my kid installed it because her friends decided to play it. Ugh, I should scrub her PC down to make sure there is nothing more nefarious than usual...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1395 posts
450 upvotes
The production value is through the roof! Easily better than many AAA games out there. Enjoy! Have fun!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2197 posts
2944 upvotes
Windsor
BernardRyder wrote: Starting to worry about this, my kid installed it because her friends decided to play it. Ugh, I should scrub her PC down to make sure there is nothing more nefarious than usual...
Like all those google services on Android phones lol?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2613 posts
2792 upvotes
GTA
mymuro wrote: Like all those google services on Android phones lol?
Yeah there are those, but she barely uses her phone and I worry less about legit Google services than a lot of people seem to. But obviously there are a different set of issues there. She is more likely to get addicted to the gotchas in a PC game than on her phone.
c'mon get happy!