• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 7:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3621 posts
96 upvotes

PS4 and PC Black OPS - Buy Both?

I'm very late to the game, and after a quick check here in the forum, I came up dry. If its been talked about, apologies.

If I buy a PS4 version, do I also have to buy one for PC?

I know there is a PS4-PS5 upgrade available, but I have PS4 and PC.

Cheers!
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9122 posts
3527 upvotes
You mean Black Ops Cold War right?
The PS5 version is separate from the PS4 version and there is no free upgrade path. You would have
to pay $10 to upgrade the PS4 disc version to get the PS5 version on PS5, otherwise you can play the PS4 version on PS5 without
the current gen features.

The same with the PC version. Buying it on one platform does not give you access to the game on another platform.
There is cross-play where people on Consoles can play with and against each other (PS5 vs XBox Series X|S, or PC players) online.

jed wrote: I'm very late to the game, and after a quick check here in the forum, I came up dry. If its been talked about, apologies.

If I buy a PS4 version, do I also have to buy one for PC?

I know there is a PS4-PS5 upgrade available, but I have PS4 and PC.

Cheers!
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 30th, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3621 posts
96 upvotes
Thanks, I figured that this would be the case, but also knew that if there was a way, someone from RFD would find it.

Have a Great Weekend!
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Jun 28, 2018
252 posts
297 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
I was very impressed with Microsoft play anywhere. I bought Sea of thieves on Xbox, built a PC and boom I could install the PC version for free. Sadly this is not the norm.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1051 posts
682 upvotes
jed wrote: Thanks, I figured that this would be the case, but also knew that if there was a way, someone from RFD would find it.

Have a Great Weekend!
I PM'd you.