Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1010 posts
284 upvotes

PS4 or wait for ps5

Hi !
I have a xbox one with some backlog (I know every gamer is the same !) , but I want to play the exclusive ps4 games.

Should I wait for the ps5 (unknow price, unknow release date, and unknow backward compatilbility) or buy a ps4 now ? I guess I would be able to sell the ps4 later but there will be a lot of them on the used market when the ps5 is released....
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2328 posts
356 upvotes
I'd wait for the PS5, but not necessarily to buy one. Wait and see what happens to PS4 prices after the PS5 launches and then decide which you'd rather invest in.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
Stick with you Xbox back log. Once PS5 comes out, wait until next summer and then see what upgrades are afforded to those gem PS4 games on the PS5.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1322 posts
518 upvotes
GTA
Keep playing your xbox, until the PS5 get's released..
Market will flood with PS4 Pro's.. then wait for after xmas...
As people will get new consoles / gifts/xmas money etc... then market will flood again
Buy games used from kijiji or marketplace etc.. keep your eye open for deals, even new
Play it and beat it, put it right back up for sale - for what you paid
Once you have beaten the exclusives, there are a few but not a crazy amount, shouldn't take you long to finish them all, depends how much time you have...
Sell the system the moment you finish your last PS4 game...
If you can do this in 3 -4 months, you can probably end up doing this for Free - $100 bucks depending on the market..
Then play your Xbox until the Series S or X get's it's first price drop then sell it

Don't buy digital versions of any game, if it's not your main system "XBOX"
That way you can sell it, and recoup some or all of your money
Jan 21, 2008
783 posts
22 upvotes
Patience is always key. You'll always saved money in the long run.

Wait for the PS5 launch then decide based on the $s.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1764 posts
2616 upvotes
Play through your backlog. No need to rush into next gen, for either console. You still have plenty to play. Don't let the "next gen" hype force you to buy now.

Once you're ready, you may even hit a PS5 bundle/sale. And I'm sure there will be lots of PS4s around new/used/discounted for you to pick up if that's the route you decide. PS4 games should also be discounted even more so as well.