• Jun 21st, 2020 9:31 pm
[OP]
Jul 1, 2016
510 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto

[PS4 /Xbox One & 360 Elite] Exclusive Titles & "Must Play" recommendations

Hello fellow RFDers,

A friend of mine is clearing out his consoles.
Any recommendations/suggestions "must play" exclusive titles on any of these consoles would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, I recently picked up an PS3 Slim for The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and MGS4; loving it so far.

Pixelation
Pixelation~
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8278 posts
2741 upvotes
It purely depends on your own preferences and tastes but:
I left out a lot of other exclusives on this list because I don't think they are "must play" compared to what is on the list already.

PS4 exclusives:

The Last of Us Remastered (1600p & 60 Frames per second on PS4 Pro)
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection (1080p @ 60 FPS compared to the PS3 720p/30fps)
Uncharted 4
Persona 5 Royal Edition
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
God of War
Street Fighter V Champion Edition (also on PC)
Spider-Man
Dragon's Crown Pro
God of War III Remastered
Detroit Become Human
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Dreams
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Ratchet and Clank Reboot
Until Dawn
Heavy Rain
Tales of Berseria / Tales of Vesperia

I'm assuming you are not interested in PSVR so I won't bother listing those.

Multiplatform (on a combination of PS4, XBox One, Switch and/or PC):

The Witcher 3 Definitive Edition
Dark Souls Trilogy
Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 1
Final Fantasy X HD Remastered, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Modern Warfare
Mortal Kombat 11
NieR Automata
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Dragon Quest XI (Switch has the Definitive Edition with orchestrated and original music, also on PS4, PC)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Skyrim Special Edition
Cuphead (XB1, Switch and PC)

Nintendo Switch exclusives:

1) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - the most fun local or online multiplayer racing game on any platform
2) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3) Animal Crossing New Horizons
4) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition
5) Super Mario Odyssey
6) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
7) Fire Emblem: Three Houses
8) Ring Fit Adventure
9) Bayonetta 2
10) Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
11) Super Mario Maker 2
12) Splatoon 2
13) Luigi's Mansion 3
14) Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
15) Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield
16) Mario Tennis Aces
17) Super Mario Party
18) Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
19) Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xbox One:

Forza Motorsport 7
Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

PS3:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS3, MGS2, MGS1 are all much better than MGS4).
This collection has never been released again. PS3 version comes with a digital download for Metal Gear Solid Playstation 1.

The Last of Us
Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3
Demon's Souls
God of War HD Collection
God of War III

360:
(both are not exclusives but are the better versions of the multiplatform games)
Red Dead Redemption 1
Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance

ProjectPixelation wrote: Hello fellow RFDers,

A friend of mine is clearing out his consoles.
Any recommendations/suggestions "must play" exclusive titles on any of these consoles would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, I recently picked up an PS3 Slim for The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and MGS4; loving it so far.

Pixelation
Edit: Updated
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 21st, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1858 posts
707 upvotes
Montreal, QC
for xbox, get gamepass. it gives you access to thousand of games and most of the must play on xbox
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4065 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
I know people are hating on XBox for lack of exclusives, and it's not en vogue to like Halo and Gears anymore, but I feel like leaving them off these lists does a disservice. No other game gives the same fast MP feel as Halo does, or the chunky, deliberate MP and Horde that Gears does, coupled with a pretty good campaign.

Forza Horizon 3 is also a great arcade-ish racer for anyone, even if you're not into cars.

One extremely underrated game was Sunset Overdrive. I thought I liked InFamous Second Son as a open world powers based action game, but Sunset made me realize how much more fun and frenetic those games are if you played it fast and loose. It's basically like taking a Tony Hawk game and adding crazy action elements to it... And the devs basically used this game as a practice to refine their physics for their PS4 spider man game.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7652 posts
4232 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: I know people are hating on XBox for lack of exclusives, and it's not en vogue to like Halo and Gears anymore, but I feel like leaving them off these lists does a disservice.
Definitely has become a bandwagon meme mentality to act like Xbox doesn't have good exclusives and personally I spent about the same or probably more hours playing Xbox exclusives this generation than PS4 ones. The big difference between the two for me is that big Xbox exclusives like Halo MCC, Gears 4-5, Forza Horizon 3-4 actually have long term replayability that keeps me coming back where the vast majority of PS5 exclusives were one and done games that I finished in a week or two and never played again. Also had a great time with both Ori games, Crackdown 3, and Quantum Break though I found Sunsent Overdrive a bit overrated and dropped it after a few hours. Still need to try out Gears Tactics and Sea Of Thieves at some point. The fact that you can play all these games and countless others for next to nothing on Game Pass is crazy and you'd have to be a fool to act like that isn't worthwhile.
Aug 20, 2009
7476 posts
2254 upvotes
Grimsby
Games I enjoyed this gen on Xbox and PS4, bolded games are what I would consider "must plays":

Xbox:

- Forza Horizon 3
- Halo MCC - for the campaigns
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps

PS4:

- God of War
- Spider-man
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Bloodborne
- Persona 5
- Uncharted 4
- TLOU Remastered
- Uncharted Lost Legacy
- Until Dawn
- The Last Guardian

And I'm only about 3 hours in but having a great time with TLOU2, remains to be seen if its as much a classic as the original.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4065 posts
1157 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Definitely has become a bandwagon meme mentality to act like Xbox doesn't have good exclusives and personally I spent about the same or probably more hours playing Xbox exclusives this generation than PS4 ones. The big difference between the two for me is that big Xbox exclusives like Halo MCC, Gears 4-5, Forza Horizon 3-4 actually have long term replayability that keeps me coming back where the vast majority of PS5 exclusives were one and done games that I finished in a week or two and never played again. Also had a great time with both Ori games, Crackdown 3, and Quantum Break though I found Sunsent Overdrive a bit overrated and dropped it after a few hours. Still need to try out Gears Tactics and Sea Of Thieves at some point. The fact that you can play all these games and countless others for next to nothing on Game Pass is crazy and you'd have to be a fool to act like that isn't worthwhile.
I had fun with Sunset but it's definitely one of those games that wears it's welcome out fast because of its try-hard 'edginess' and overall goofiness... I just really appreciated it for its unique approach to movement, in the same way Vanquish made 3rd person action games feel fresh too. To me, it's like a crazier Crackdown.

Crackdown 3 was great because it's free... A dumb, fun, blow everything up game that knew what it was and leaned into it hard.

One other game I'm totally neglecting is 1 vs 100 on 360 Face With Tears Of Joy. RIP. If they ever bring that back for Series X, and gave reward points as prizes, I'd be playing it every night!
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5256 posts
936 upvotes
calgary
The best console exclusive on any platform is Sea of Thieves.

Don't @ me.

(For real though, it's my favorite but you need some freinds willing to play it with ya)

Other than that I'd recommend God of War, Spiderman, Bloodborne and UC4 on PS4 and Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC and Ori (the sequal specifically, first one is good, not great) on Xbox. There are a bunch of other good titles but those are my favorite
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1858 posts
707 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M1GOmigs wrote: One other game I'm totally neglecting is 1 vs 100 on 360 Face With Tears Of Joy. RIP. If they ever bring that back for Series X, and gave reward points as prizes, I'd be playing it every night!
oh man, that was a good game! they need to bring that back or have some game shows going on