PC & Video Games

PS5 vs Xbox vs PC debate thread

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 9:33 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
9444 posts
2932 upvotes
At this pace this thread will become obsolete pretty soon. Let's hope Sony really delivers on that Spartacus and it's gonna be more of a Trojan horse.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
8417 posts
1862 upvotes
Richmond Hill
https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/ ... x-series-x



We put the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X head-to-head. After a year of using both, it's clear that the PS5 is a better buy for most gamers.


PlayStation 5 feels like a must-have for hardcore gamers, but the Xbox is a powerhouse for both gaming and media.


While the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are similar in terms of quality and performance, the PS5's exclusive games and gameplay-focused features make it more enticing for buyers who want an immersive experience and don't want to miss major releases.



Xbox Series X succeeds as a powerful media center with access to more than 15 years worth of Xbox games, but the ability to also play the newest Xbox titles on PC and Xbox One make the Series X less of a must-have machine.



Ultimately, if you're lucky enough to get your hands on the PS5 or Xbox Series X amid the ongoing supply shortage you won't be disappointed; both systems offer awesome exclusives and an impressive upgrade over the last generation of consoles.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10007 posts
4390 upvotes
For MLB The Show 21, I definitely like the Dualsense features and I'd say it makes it significantly better than the XBox Series X version.

For no doubter homeruns, you get the ringing sting that simulates a baseball bat pulsating when crushing a ball when you get those perfectly timed hits down.

It is like the next evolution of the Nintendo Switch's "HD Rumble".
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8337 posts
8309 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote: https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/ ... x-series-x



We put the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X head-to-head. After a year of using both, it's clear that the PS5 is a better buy for most gamers.


PlayStation 5 feels like a must-have for hardcore gamers, but the Xbox is a powerhouse for both gaming and media.


While the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are similar in terms of quality and performance, the PS5's exclusive games and gameplay-focused features make it more enticing for buyers who want an immersive experience and don't want to miss major releases.



Xbox Series X succeeds as a powerful media center with access to more than 15 years worth of Xbox games, but the ability to also play the newest Xbox titles on PC and Xbox One make the Series X less of a must-have machine.



Ultimately, if you're lucky enough to get your hands on the PS5 or Xbox Series X amid the ongoing supply shortage you won't be disappointed; both systems offer awesome exclusives and an impressive upgrade over the last generation of consoles.
I didn't read the article, but how does access to 15 years worth of Xbox games makes in a powerful media center? Doesn't that make it a better buy for gamers?

I think the biggest advantage the PS5 has over the Xbox is in the new controller haptics.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
8417 posts
1862 upvotes
Richmond Hill
9394 wrote: I didn't read the article, but how does access to 15 years worth of Xbox games makes in a powerful media center? Doesn't that make it a better buy for gamers?

I think the biggest advantage the PS5 has over the Xbox is in the new controller haptics.
As per the article:

"As media players, the PS5 and Xbox Series X both offer a robust set of features, but the Xbox's adoption of Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos sound formats make it slightly more appealing as a streaming device. Xbox also offers movies and TV shows for sale via the Microsoft Store, while the PlayStation Store discontinued movie purchases in August 2021."

The biggest advantage IMO is still the exclusives. Specifically more next-gen ones. That and the new haptics.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
9444 posts
2932 upvotes
9394 wrote: I didn't read the article, but how does access to 15 years worth of Xbox games makes in a powerful media center? Doesn't that make it a better buy for gamers?

I think the biggest advantage the PS5 has over the Xbox is in the new controller haptics.
Don't bother I have, it's a clickbait article. Clueless person wrote it to try attract some traffic and hope someone clicks on their links that "If you buy them, we may get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our partners"
How clueless you ask?
"Xbox Series X can play games dating back to the Xbox 360, which was released in 2005"
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8337 posts
8309 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: For MLB The Show 21, I definitely like the Dualsense features and I'd say it makes it significantly better than the XBox Series X version.

For no doubter homeruns, you get the ringing sting that simulates a baseball bat pulsating when crushing a ball when you get those perfectly timed hits down.

It is like the next evolution of the Nintendo Switch's "HD Rumble".
Almost makes we want to buy a PS5...almost. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5313 posts
2288 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote: The biggest advantage IMO is still the exclusives. Specifically more next-gen ones. That and the new haptics.
The biggest advantage IMO is the ability to play hundreds of games for one low monthly price.

You can buy Returnal and Ratchet and Clank and enjoy the haptics for a couple of weeks.

But for a gamer, I'd rather spend the same amount of money to, you know, play games. How about some Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect, Death's Door, It Takes Two, Hitman Trilogy, Unpacking, Hades, MLB The Show 21, Outriders, Marvel's Avengers, Psychonauts 2 and so many other games for the same price you pay for two games.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8337 posts
8309 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: The biggest advantage IMO is the ability to play hundreds of games for one low monthly price.

You can buy Returnal and Ratchet and Clank and enjoy the haptics for a couple of weeks.

But for a gamer, I'd rather spend the same amount of money to, you know, play games. How about some Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect, Death's Door, It Takes Two, Hitman Trilogy, Unpacking, Hades, MLB The Show 21, Outriders, Marvel's Avengers, Psychonauts 2 and so many other games for the same price you pay for two games.
Image

Image
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
5576 posts
5795 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote: I didn't read the article, but how does access to 15 years worth of Xbox games makes in a powerful media center? Doesn't that make it a better buy for gamers?

I think the biggest advantage the PS5 has over the Xbox is in the new controller haptics.
I'm guessing because games are a form of media? Upside-down Face
The games combined with movie playback etc. equate to a Powerful Media Center.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5313 posts
2288 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote: Image

Image
NGL I kinda liked Lawnmower Simulator the two times I played it Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
9444 posts
2932 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: NGL I kinda liked Lawnmower Simulator the two times I played it Smiling Face With Sunglasses
You must've been drunken than me. I played once for about an hour in the Alpha preview, and definitely not for me, or the average gamer. But I guess there is a "thing" for everyone, just look at the categories on Pronhub
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1041 posts
908 upvotes
9394 wrote: I didn't read the article, but how does access to 15 years worth of Xbox games makes in a powerful media center? Doesn't that make it a better buy for gamers?

I think the biggest advantage the PS5 has over the Xbox is in the new controller haptics.
the article is terribly written, the author sounds like he got the Series X confused with Don Mattrick's Xbox One Face With Tears Of Joy

I'm not sure how good the haptics are for MLB the show, but for other games, they don't really move the needle for me. In fact, I think they were obnoxious in Ratchet and Clank, because it felt like the controller was about to snap at any moment.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
8417 posts
1862 upvotes
Richmond Hill
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... forecasts/

PlayStation 5 will outsell Xbox Series X/S consoles two-to-one this year, data and analytics firm Ampere Analysis has predicted.

Ampere research director Piers Harding-Rolls has forecast 18 million sales for Sony’s console in 2022 and nine million sales for Microsoft’s systems.


However, he expects Switch to be the year’s leading console with 21 million sales.

“It looks like the availability of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles is going to improve slowly over the year and our expectation is that Sony will outsell Microsoft two-to-one,” said Harding-Rolls.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
8417 posts
1862 upvotes
Richmond Hill
M1GOmigs wrote: The biggest advantage IMO is the ability to play hundreds of games for one low monthly price.

You can buy Returnal and Ratchet and Clank and enjoy the haptics for a couple of weeks.

But for a gamer, I'd rather spend the same amount of money to, you know, play games. How about some Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect, Death's Door, It Takes Two, Hitman Trilogy, Unpacking, Hades, MLB The Show 21, Outriders, Marvel's Avengers, Psychonauts 2 and so many other games for the same price you pay for two games.
That's definitely great value, which is one of the reasons why I am so happy that Xbox has gone all in on PC. Get the same value there with GP allowing me to get the best of both worlds Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5313 posts
2288 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... forecasts/

PlayStation 5 will outsell Xbox Series X/S consoles two-to-one this year, data and analytics firm Ampere Analysis has predicted.

Ampere research director Piers Harding-Rolls has forecast 18 million sales for Sony’s console in 2022 and nine million sales for Microsoft’s systems.
So if this forecast is credible, you're saying Xbox will basically sell less consoles in 2022 vs 2021, while the PS5 will sell double what the XBox does...

... And somehow Sony fans have the notion that they're the underdogs in all of this Face With Tears Of Joy
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
9444 posts
2932 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote: That's definitely great value, which is one of the reasons why I am so happy that Xbox has gone all in on PC. Get the same value there with GP allowing me to get the best of both worlds Slightly Smiling Face
Sure, but can you play all those new games on a $599 PC, not to mention so many people would rather not play them in front of a computer screen
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5313 posts
2288 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote: That's definitely great value, which is one of the reasons why I am so happy that Xbox has gone all in on PC. Get the same value there with GP allowing me to get the best of both worlds Slightly Smiling Face
But the article you linked was talking about consoles, and not PCs.

So somehow they managed to completely ignore the fact that the XBox provides enormous value for gamers. Clickbait is as clickbait does.

That kind of weird bias is why Tweets like this exist:
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)