PC & Video Games

The PS5 - When and where should I line up?

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 12:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2007
1000 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough

The PS5 - When and where should I line up?

Hey all, so as the preorders went up very oddly I should say lol I wasn’t able to cop one but I always had the idea to just line up a day before release at a store, will this be happening this year? If so where would you suggest and when?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
:facepalm:
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
sal911 wrote: Hey all, so as the preorders went up very oddly I should say lol I wasn’t able to cop one but I always had the idea to just line up a day before release at a store, will this be happening this year? If so where would you suggest and when?
Now at Zellers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5386 posts
1029 upvotes
calgary
Don't...

Stores will continue to get stock to sell as pre-orders just keep looking out for that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2007
1000 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
mrtvgame wrote: Now at Zellers.


Wonderful! Thanks for the toxicity!
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
sal911 wrote: Wonderful! Thanks for the toxicity!
Come on man if you are asking something like that then it will be met with the same level.
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2004
938 posts
769 upvotes
costco - best chance I think because it will cost more - bundled with extra controller or something...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4758 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Just go to a Walmart or any retailer that didn't have an in-store preorder. EB would only have consoles for those who preordered in the store.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
sandikosh wrote: Just go to a Walmart or any retailer that didn't have an in-store preorder. EB would only have consoles for those who preordered in the store.
Yes, because it will be that simple. :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4758 upvotes
Poormond Hill
mrtvgame wrote: Yes, because it will be that simple. :rolleyes:
Of course it is simple. Just use the UPC of the PS5 found in Walmart website or the equivalent # at Best Buy and search for it using stock track. It will tell you which store has inventory on Nov 11. Then the following day head to that store before it opens and join the line.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2017
875 posts
1954 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: Of course it is simple. Just use the UPC of the PS5 found in Walmart website or the equivalent # at Best Buy and search for it using stock track. It will tell you which store has inventory on Nov 11. Then the following day head to that store before it opens and join the line.
I recall doing this for the PS4, and that was before stock track when Walmart would give out tickets. Mine was preordered from EB, but my friend decided last minute he wanted one. We ended up waiting in line at Walmart and he was able to get one. Sure, you have to wait in line and with Covid, theres lots of uncertainty as to how it's going to be handled, but there will 100% be walk-ins at stores that did not do instore preorders. Granted not a lot, but its an option.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4758 upvotes
Poormond Hill
OVOSound wrote: I recall doing this for the PS4, and that was before stock track when Walmart would give out tickets. Mine was preordered from EB, but my friend decided last minute he wanted one. We ended up waiting in line at Walmart and he was able to get one. Sure, you have to wait in line and with Covid, theres lots of uncertainty as to how it's going to be handled, but there will 100% be walk-ins at stores that did not do instore preorders. Granted not a lot, but its an option.
I did the same for PS4 and Xbox One. Went to the closest one by me and joined the line.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
sandikosh wrote: Of course it is simple. Just use the UPC of the PS5 found in Walmart website or the equivalent # at Best Buy and search for it using stock track. It will tell you which store has inventory on Nov 11. Then the following day head to that store before it opens and join the line.
When there are only 20 units and 200 people show up in a COVID world. Best wishes.

If stores have half a brain it will work like this. Management puts a sign in the window stating number of units. People in get a ticket as early as possible. Sign says sold out before store opens. Only people with a ticket will be admitted. A place like BB, be prepared to wait in line even with a ticket. Going into their stores even now they are anal on the numbers unlike places like Costco.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
2466 posts
2641 upvotes
GTA
mrtvgame wrote: When there are only 20 units and 200 people show up in a COVID world. Best wishes.

If stores have half a brain it will work like this. Management puts a sign in the window stating number of units. People in get a ticket as early as possible. Sign says sold out before store opens. Only people with a ticket will be admitted. A place like BB, be prepared to wait in line even with a ticket. Going into their stores even now they are anal on the numbers unlike places like Costco.
Must depend on the Costco, my local one was limiting the number of people inside the last bunch of times I went. I even had to line up outside once for at least 20 minutes before getting in.
c'mon get happy!

Top