PSA: Canada computers no longer accepting returns

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 2:13 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2017
114 posts
91 upvotes

PSA: Canada computers no longer accepting returns

Head office told Canada Computers no returns. You can buy, but no returns or exchanges on anything.

I have a malfunctioning 8 day old 2070 that I can't use. Going to see if I can charge back to my cc.

Edit: not having any luck charging back, tried a 2nd call with Canada Computers and got the manager, no returns or exchanges for any reason. They said they can set rules for each individual store. Store is located in London. Buy at your own risk.
Last edited by mrsoandso on Apr 6th, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
50 replies
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1257 upvotes
If true, they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with this one. I'll pay a little bit more from Amazon or wherever to have some flexibility.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8768 posts
5144 upvotes
Toronto
Wrong forum, should be discussion
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6515 posts
6040 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Lets be honest, ive never have a good return experience at cc anyway
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Sep 16, 2014
124 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
This will be an interesting change. With many stores not wanting anything from a customers house in their store (Thinking of Costco's new policy where you cannot bring in your own bins or cloth bags to put your groceries in) I can see more and more stores implementing a policy like this.

It would be a "convenient" reason for them to have this policy
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41504 posts
6514 upvotes
Thanks OP! I believe this goes to the Shopping Discussion.
Proud to be an Indian.
478 posts
169 upvotes
According to the website, their restricted return policy only applies to purchase from April 5th and onward in Ontario. How is that making you not able to return?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14175 posts
4634 upvotes
London
This must be a corona thing, because it wasn't all that long ago they made returns easier by getting rid of the restocking fee
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1956 posts
1873 upvotes
mrsoandso wrote: Head office told Canada Computers no returns. You can buy, but no returns on anything.

I have a malfunctioning 8 day old 2070 that I can't use. Going to see if I can charge back to my cc.
did you read?

https://www.canadacomputers.com/policie ... OSdfvNi2Fg
Ontario Return & Exchange Policy
All purchases made on April 5th, 2020 and onwards, will be considered final sale.
Defective items may be exchanged within 15 days from date of purchase through contactless curbside exchange.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5350 posts
1116 upvotes
mrsoandso wrote: Head office told Canada Computers no returns. You can buy, but no returns on anything.

You can exchange defective items still according to their web-site.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2319 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA

That's terrible news. Is there a link or something to substantiate this or for more details? If it's after a certain duration I suppose that's OK but if it's immediately upon purchase then I doubt I'd ever buy from CC again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)