• Apr 30th, 2018 3:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54051 posts
18985 upvotes

PSA for GTA (Spring 2018) - Time to switch to All Seasons or Summer tires

Hurray, winter is finally over.

Just swapped tires for two vehicles but it was getting late and will do the third one tomorrow.

My neighbor asked me when he got home and got out of his car, how come I liked swapping my own tires (probably because I had night lamps on while tightening the lug nuts). I responded that I didn't want to wait two hours in the cold (prior to the onset of winter) before costco tire center opened.

Sometime after inside the house, I just realized I should have responded that the time it takes me to bring the stacked tires in and out of the vehicles is almost 1/3 (or even more) time it takes me to do the changeover. Reason being depending on the vehicle, there's a certain way of loading the tires in the trunk so I can fit four and if I do not recall the arrangement, I will have to cover my back seats and put the tire there. Then there's the travel time, the wait time at the shop and for years, my wife never bother to offer to drive the 2nd car to the tire shop and now I have to contend with three cars, lol.
5 replies
Jun 20, 2015
581 posts
148 upvotes
Place
The weather is getting better and warmer!Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Got my new All-seasons tires installed today from Simply Tire. Allen and his team took care of everything.
Will definitely come back to them with my other car in the future,
Good luck!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54051 posts
18985 upvotes
Spent a few hours blasting the underside, fender wells, bumpers and door panels (as well as the winter tire sets) today with the garden hose. Pitied my older Civic and sprayed the underside after having skipped it last winter (thinking I was getting rid of it). :)

Good thing I just have to this usually once a year when winter is over though I also did it during winter when there are consecutive plus days in the middle of winter but I probably won't bother anymore and just wait until spring. :)

Tomorrow it won't take too long to vacuum the garage, re-stack everything back so I can park the cars back inside.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Apr 21st, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34413 posts
20445 upvotes
Center of Universe
Just finished this AM!
Inspected rotors, pads and greased the slider pins.
Everything in tip top shape :)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2846 posts
1154 upvotes
GTA
The Mississauga weather forecast says it's going to drop to 0c overnight this weekend and still be around the 4c range next weekend and into the following week...
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19050 posts
2017 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
There was snow on Sunday morning.