Investing

PSA: Here is a list of crypto ponzi schemes and people who are/were promoting them on YouTube

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 4:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54623 posts
19423 upvotes

PSA: Here is a list of crypto ponzi schemes and people who are/were promoting them on YouTube

I just noticed this post on ceo.ca and just wanted to share. I have not bought any coin but I guess there are some good ones but mostly bad ones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency ... nd_people/

Here is a list of crypto ponzi schemes and people who are/were promoting them on YouTube

I originally posted this here, and it was suggested that I make a separate text post for it.

The ponzicoins currently around (that I'm aware of) are:

BCC Cash (note that this is different from Bitcoin Cash)
Binary Coin
BitAI
Bitclub
Bitconnect X
Bitfinite
Bitglare Coin
Chrysos
Coinrium
Cointeum
Coinspace
Davor
Eigencoin
Ethconnect
Exacoin
Falcon Coin
Ficoin
Forzacoin
Gold Reward Token
Goldgate
Hextracoin
HotCrypto
Ibiscoin
Ideacoin
Knox Coin
Lendconnect
Libra Coin
LoopX
Martcoin
Moneroconnect
Monetize Coin
Monyx
Neoconnect
Numiv
Onecoin
Pagarex
Regalcoin
Secular Coin
SFICoin
Steneum
Stepium (actually a pyramid scheme)
TEX Coin
Thorn Coin
Ucoin Cash
Unix Coin
USI Tech
Western Coin
Defunct ponzicoins:

Ambis
Bitcoinly
Bitconnect
Bitlake
Bitpetite
Chain.Group
Coinreum
Cryptodouble
Metizer
Microhash
Thunderbit
Vixice
Vone
Note that the above coins are only ones that I think are ponzi schemes. There are many other scam coins out there, but I haven't included them here because many of them are controversial, so coming to a consensus on which are scams would be impossible, and because making this post was already a lot of work.

Below is a list of YouTubers (that I'm sure is far from comprehensive) who are/were promoting at least one of the above coins. Some of them have removed their videos since Bitconnect collapsed, and some continue to shill other coins listed above. The purpose of this list is to be aware of whose advice to be especially skeptical of, and ideally to avoid watching them altogether.

Aaron St. Hilaire
Bit Junky
ChampagneCrypto
Chiara Francica
Craig Grant
Crypto Chick
Crypto Clover He was actually employed by bitconnect as a "national promoter."
Crypto Collision
Crypto Flower
Crypto For The People
Crypto Girl
Crypto Gnome
Crypto Jay
Crypto Kirby
Crypto Nick
CryptoBouse
CryptoTom
Daniil Dimitrov
DJ Naydee
dobe4ever
Dolfski
Dr. Roy Murphy Channel1 and Channel2
DrCrypto
Electric Crypto
ENGINEERED TRUTH
Epic Bits
eyeneyemusic
FlyyDoesBitCoin
Goose Tech
Jason
Jeffrey Crypto
Jeti Knight
Jimi the Hobo
justarobot
KineticEnergy
Lenka Cryptogirl
Matty Crypto
Michael Crypto
m0E TV
MoneyGlitchGod
NoMoreEver925
PassiveIncome Cryptocurrency
Rhyno M
Ryan Berkness
Ryan Hildreth
sunny decree
Tanner J Fox
TEAM US CRYPTO BALLER
The Bitcoin Party
TheBitcoinEvans
Trevon James
TripJammer
WolfOfICOs
I'd also like to make a special shout out to coinmarketcap.com for advertising Bitconnect and possibly other coins listed above, and I'd like to thank the following Redditors for contributing to these lists:

/u/AllForTheGains, /u/Antranik, /u/arse_nal666, /u/BamboozleVictim, /u/Batman_MD, /u/DemarcoFC, /u/Furples, /u/GuessParryGod, /u/infinityplus0ne, /u/jckwho, /u/Kl4n, /u/KnifeOfPi2, /u/lailide, /u/LordGriffiths, /u/Miqote_Menstruation, /u/mscohe01, /u/omegaape, /u/presstab, /u/Seriously2much, /u/Sitchu, /u/sToRmRaDe, /u/TheSuspiria, /u/theyork2000, /u/Too_Trill_To_Fail

More contributions are also welcome!

P.S. Somebody actually got a Bitconnect tattoo!

edit - After taking a break for several hours, I'm back at it. I currently have 238 unread comments in my inbox though (RIP), so it'll take a while to get to everything. Also, thanks a lot for the tips & gold!