• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2021 11:33 am
14 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2431 posts
589 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I hope all the GTA people use this, they are just clogging the highway up out here not only on weekends but week days too. I guess no one works anymore, the traffic tie ups are ridiculous.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23594 posts
31030 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote: I hope all the GTA people use this, they are just clogging the highway up out here not only on weekends but week days too. I guess no one works anymore, the traffic tie ups are ridiculous.
But if you're in heavy traffic you're part of the reason there is heavy traffic.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2431 posts
589 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
sprung wrote: But if you're in heavy traffic you're part of the reason there is heavy traffic.
I live here!!!! So I have no choice but to see it, or should I not get groceries or go to my cancer treatment. Then they cause accidents on the highway because they are all impatient and drive like lunatics and then clog up the city streets. I am not 'part of the reason' I should be able to go out in the area I LIVE IN!!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1349 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
Is it really $10 for sundays?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23594 posts
31030 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12631 posts
2720 upvotes
Toronto
Is it worth just doing a day trip there? No bikes?

And with kids?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6062 posts
7290 upvotes
The NORTH
JACKIE26 wrote: I live here!!!! So I have no choice but to see it, or should I not get groceries or go to my cancer treatment. Then they cause accidents on the highway because they are all impatient and drive like lunatics and then clog up the city streets. I am not 'part of the reason' I should be able to go out in the area I LIVE IN!!
Thats some broad brushes you are swinging around there...
Banned
Oct 18, 2009
688 posts
789 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote: I live here!!!! So I have no choice but to see it, or should I not get groceries or go to my cancer treatment. Then they cause accidents on the highway because they are all impatient and drive like lunatics and then clog up the city streets. I am not 'part of the reason' I should be able to go out in the area I LIVE IN!!
Last I checked Ancaster ins't Niagara Falls. So no, its not the area "YOU LIVE IN".
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2431 posts
589 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
sverige101 wrote: Last I checked Ancaster ins't Niagara Falls. So no, its not the area "YOU LIVE IN".
They drive through here and clog up the qew where i need to drive through to get to the hospital for my appointments every day. its easy to tell where they are all coming from based on who is getting ticketed and what east and westbound highway looks like at what time of day.
* i do live out here and work in this area. i also know exactly who is out here based on an opp officer that is a family freind i know where the people they keep having to pull over are coming from.
Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 2nd, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rude
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23594 posts
31030 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote: Is it worth just doing a day trip there? No bikes?

And with kids?
Oh for sure. Especially if you've never been. The Falls themselves are a world wonder.

Beyond that, some kid friendly attractions have started to open

https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/blo ... ara-falls/

My kids love train rides. Takes about 1hr 45mins from Union. They have bathrooms on board. Bring books, games , etc if your kids need mental stimulation .

Involve them in planning, show them things to do in Falls and get input
Last edited by sprung on Jul 2nd, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12631 posts
2720 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: Oh for sure. Especially if you've never been. The Falls themselves are a world wonder.

Beyond that, some kid friendly attractions have started to open

https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/blo ... ara-falls/
I mean the train ride. I've heard the train can stop alot. And even once there, I have a general sense of where the train station is but without a car, is it easy to get around from there by walking type stuff.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12079 posts
14569 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote: I mean the train ride. I've heard the train can stop alot. And even once there, I have a general sense of where the train station is but without a car, is it easy to get around from there by walking type stuff.
After departing Union Station, Niagara-bound trains will also stop at Exhibition, Port Credit, Oakville, Burlington, Aldershot, and St. Catharine’s stations.
Travel time is approximately 2 hours.

The Niagara Falls Go Station is about 4 kms from Horseshoe Falls. a 50 mins walk

There is a Niagara Falls bus top close to the station
https://goo.gl/maps/ti5y3Pq3kauSeUce8
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7650 posts
4566 upvotes
Mississauga
4 km to the falls is a bit of a hike especially if you’re dragging little kids along.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)