• May 30th, 2020 7:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2385 posts
1455 upvotes
GTA

PSA - Xbox elite extended warranty from Microsoft $27 for 3 years

For anyone who purchased an Xbox elite 2 controller recently, Microsoft is selling an extended warranty which extends the warranty to a total of three years for $27 plus taxes.

I called in after registering my controller to correct the date when they advised they offered this extended warranty. Best part is it included accidental damage and spills. Considering the controller only has a 90 day warranty, I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Make sure to register your controller first and then visit xbox.com/help to request a callback.

They also accept microsoft credit for payment so if you have access to cheaper gift cards, you could even get it for less.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
6 replies
Sep 12, 2012
835 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
3 years is a solid deal considering the defect rate on the elite controllers.
The original 90 day warranty is a joke for $200 controller
Aug 20, 2009
7989 posts
2905 upvotes
Grimsby
Gunz13 wrote: 3 years is a solid deal considering the defect rate on the elite controllers.
The original 90 day warranty is a joke for $200 controller
I was really happy with the way my Elite performed but the reliability on them was just absurd for something so expensive. It's really hard to go back to playing without the paddles :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6507 posts
4503 upvotes
Does this work for Elite 2 controllers already past 90 days?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2385 posts
1455 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote: Does this work for Elite 2 controllers already past 90 days?
I have no idea. When i registered my controller, it said I had warranty until October 2020 (6 months ). Check your warranty expiration dTe and as long as it has not passed, I’m sure you can buy the extended warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6507 posts
4503 upvotes
moulamou wrote: I have no idea. When i registered my controller, it said I had warranty until October 2020 (6 months ). Check your warranty expiration dTe and as long as it has not passed, I’m sure you can buy the extended warranty.
No go. I even told them when I first bought it there wasn't extended warranty offered otherwise I would have bought it then.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2385 posts
1455 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote: No go. I even told them when I first bought it there wasn't extended warranty offered otherwise I would have bought it then.
Sorry to hear that. That's why I created this thread. If I never called in, I wouldn't have known they offered such an attractive extended warranty.