[PSA] You cant redeem For Honor code against the same GPU twice

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2017 8:57 pm
Apr 15, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa

[PSA] You cant redeem For Honor code against the same GPU twice

i tried redeeming one on my machine (i had already redeemed my own code) but logged in as my son, it told me i had already redeemed the game against my GPU.
That told me what i expected what would happen next.
First i tried redeeming it with his 1060 installed, on hos machine. that tole me technical difficulties but didnt say it was the wrong gpu.

then i installed my card, the 1070 and it told ne the same thing as when it was in my machine. game already redeemed on this GPU.

Sigh,

only other thing to try is to have someone who has never redeemed the game, and never intends to, to try it on thier machine logged in as my son.

UPDATE

This will work on a system that has the appropriate card and does not have the game already installed.

Follow these steps

Do this on a system that has the appropriate card (1070 or 1080) and does not have the game already installed.

1. Open and log in to GeForce Experience (Version 3.2.2 or higher) with the account of the final player

2. Go to the Account drop-down menu and click “REDEEM”.

3. Paste your coupon code from your qualifying bundle purchase and click on “REDEEM”.

4. Select game of choice and click “CONTINUE”
Select the game you want

5. Log in with the final player's game provider account(s)

6. Select user account and click “REDEEM”
Last edited by groan on Feb 19th, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1290 posts
295 upvotes
The way nvidia handles codes now is garbage. Sorry you had to find out that way.
Apr 15, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa
I actually knew that they had introduced these new rules. I'm just trying to find a way around them. :/

My brother is going to try it on his system. Never installed the game or redeemed a code. Has a 1080 and will log in as my son on Uplay and GeForce.

I'll report back if it works or not.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
yep this is a recent change
not that the bundled games swayed my purchase decision...but another reason to avoid nVidia, and this is coming from someone who's got a SLI config.
the last 5 years all they have is green in their eyes...they went downhill after launching the GTX Titan.
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Apr 15, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa
Well perhaps. I'm still a fan and these 10xx cards are well designed.
I'll still support them but will think twice when i try to buy codes from people. I still have one trick up my sleeve and will report back here if it works.
Apr 15, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
ottawa
UPDATE

This will work on a system that has the appropriate card and does not have the game already installed.

Follow these steps

Do this on a system that has the appropriate card (1070 or 1080) and does not have the game already installed.

1. Open and log in to GeForce Experience (Version 3.2.2 or higher) with the account of the final player

2. Go to the Account drop-down menu and click “REDEEM”.

3. Paste your coupon code from your qualifying bundle purchase and click on “REDEEM”.

4. Select game of choice and click “CONTINUE”
Select the game you want

5. Log in with the final player's game provider account(s)

6. Select user account and click “REDEEM”
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
so basically you need to pull the card and use it on another pc to redeem? i tried to get around using other methods and it didn't work