Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PSB Speakers

PSB speakers - wide range of discounts - up to 60% (ish)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2022 3:45 pm
Mar 8, 2008
491 posts
840 upvotes
gatineau

PSB speakers - wide range of discounts - up to 60% (ish)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
PSB Speakers
I learned of these discounts from Audioshop in Ottawa and decided it was time to upgrade my 14 year old Polk speakers, so I ordered through them. Speakers were shipped direct from PSB within a few days.

I wasn't aware that speakers would have such massive sales.

Example from what I picked up:

X2T towers - $1299 from $2199
Imagine XC centre - $299 from $699
Imagine XA Atmos - $499 from $799
56 replies
Mar 15, 2019
71 posts
26 upvotes
bouche wrote: I learned of these discounts from Audioshop in Ottawa and decided it was time to upgrade my 14 year old Polk speakers, so I ordered through them. Speakers were shipped direct from PSB within a few days.

I wasn't aware that speakers would have such massive sales.

Example from what I picked up:

X2T towers - $1299 from $2199
Imagine XC centre - $299 from $699
Imagine XA Atmos - $499 from $799
What model was your polk? And what model did you get for PSB? How is the comparison?
Nov 25, 2018
494 posts
385 upvotes
Damn those towers look tempting. .. im on some older PSB Image t45s and I find them a bit lacking these days. Would be nice to upgrade to something nicer...

Can anyone else comment on them?
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
along2 wrote: Damn those towers look tempting. .. im on some older PSB Image t45s and I find them a bit lacking these days. Would be nice to upgrade to something nicer...

Can anyone else comment on them?
I'm sitting here with 5 speakers in my cart waiting for someone's comment to sway me to order lol
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Any good reviews on PSB? How does it compare to Paradigm or Kef?
Sep 29, 2012
222 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
Wow this is an amazing deal. I have the Imagine XT2, XC, XB speakers and they are great speakers. Don't have the XA's since i don't have an Atmos receiver, but wish I did so I can buy the XA's.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
I dealt with Audioshop back in the day. Good place. I have never really liked the sound of PSB. I highly recommend you try to listen to them. Entry level Bowers and Wilkins sounded a lot better to me. I have since moved to KEF as I love their soundstage.

I wouldn’t say this is a great deal by any means. PSB can be found for very cheap on canuckaudiomart etc.

But like always, get what excites you and makes your ears happy. If these do, then go for it! A used pair of Totems would sound a lot better imo as well. Depends if you can get something at a similar price. Again, just to me. I would get some KEF LS50s with a sub over these PSBs. The sound would blow you away. They did for me anyway. But a lot of people out there don’t like the LS50 sound. So there you go haha.

Sonus Faber Lumina III are nice as well: https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details ... oss-black/

All depends where you’re located and what deals can be had. People are always “upgrading” and changing haha.

Here’s a review a searched up of the X2T towers:

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.ph ... udspeakers

Whatever you buy, make sure you can return them if you don’t like the sound.

And enjoy! Cheers!
Last edited by PannTher on Dec 3rd, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mar 11, 2018
186 posts
331 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
The Audio Factory is their refurbished site and has a few deals too.
Oct 12, 2011
887 posts
746 upvotes
CARP
jeremiah164 wrote: The Audio Factory is their refurbished site and has a few deals too.

I see some of the same or worse speakers for more money on there...
Mar 11, 2018
186 posts
331 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
ImpKnight wrote: I see some of the same or worse speakers for more money on there...
The ones that are refurbished are less. They sell new and refurbished under the same listing so you don't know unless you click on them. Their new prices are higher than the current sale though.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Can any audiophiles tell me whether the PSB Alpha T20 are better or worst than Paradigm Monitor SE 3000F or even Emotiva T-zero+?

I'm Looking to get speakers and a center for my basement that I'm finishing and I'm not familiar with any of this stuff.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I'm in the market for a sub. PSB subs are over priced.
Sep 29, 2012
222 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
SleepyEyez wrote: I'm in the market for a sub. PSB subs are over priced.
Buy an SVS sub, definitely worth it.
Last edited by redevil69 on Dec 4th, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
redevil69 wrote: Buy an SVS sub.
That's what everyone says but they are a grand. I was thinking 2 Dayton audio 15 inch.

I need something to fill a basement. I'm trying to build a cheap theater.
Nov 24, 2007
60 posts
76 upvotes
Montreal
SleepyEyez wrote: That's what everyone says but they are a grand. I was thinking 2 Dayton audio 15 inch.

I need something to fill a basement. I'm trying to build a cheap theater.
Subs are so important.. You'd be much better taking that dual Dayton money and putting it towards only 1 high quality sub. Save up for another year or 2, whatever it takes, and then buy a second in the future. The advantage of multiple subs is mainly to fill in for room nuls across different seats. If you are flexible with sub placement, doing a subwoofer crawl with 1 can yield perfectly acceptable results for one or 2 seats while you wait for a second sub. You may even find you don't need a second one, depending on your room size and seating situation.

Also, keep an eye out for used Paradigm Defiance X series subs. X12 and X15 are as good, if not better than SVS PB1000/2000/3000 I missed an incredible deal by an hour for 2 X12s for only $600. I ended up finding a decent deal on an X15 for $1400 though, and am happy I'm now building with 15 inchers. With patience, I'll find another for dual subs and possibly eventually move up to 4 if I'm still not satisfied with frequency response across all my seats. Point is, the single X15 is leagues better than my previous dual 12" budget subs (PL200-II) for just slightly more money.
Dec 10, 2012
637 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
Speakers have significant mark up/margin so do your due diligence to really understand how good of a deal it really is.
Not saying this isn't a deal but you used to be able to walk into A&B Sound back in the day and negotiate similar deals. YMMV
Mar 11, 2018
186 posts
331 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
engman13 wrote: Can any audiophiles tell me whether the PSB Alpha T20 are better or worst than Paradigm Monitor SE 3000F or even Emotiva T-zero+?

I'm Looking to get speakers and a center for my basement that I'm finishing and I'm not familiar with any of this stuff.
Honestly you need to listen to speakers before buying, they all sound different. I prefer the sound of paradigm over PSB but there will be some who prefer PSB.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2396 posts
1538 upvotes
The X2T looks really good. Personally with my room and setup, I prefer paradigm

But again, what you listen in store can be deceptive since it requires a whole bunch of other factors and not speakers alone, and last but not least your ears/taste :)
Best is able to try out and to return if it does not work out with your setup and room.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
jeremiah164 wrote: Honestly you need to listen to speakers before buying, they all sound different. I prefer the sound of paradigm over PSB but there will be some who prefer PSB.
Makes sense, so either look for places that carry the speakers to listen to or buy them and try to see if I like them? My basement isn't ready yet so I guess I should wait to purchase so I can return within the window if necessary. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2396 posts
1538 upvotes
I want to clarify, there is nothing wrong with PSB. They are as good as paradigm. As already said above, some may prefer PSB.

If you are ok with used but excellent condition speakers, look for the classic well reviewed PSB gold stratus or the Energy Veritas.
The catch, they may actually cost more than the X2T in this deal. Since you have time, patient is the key. Keep watching someone will sell them at low and reasonable price or sometimes you can even have them for a steal price if you are lucky

ex.
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-canada/energy-veritas/k0l0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)