• Feb 22nd, 2016 9:29 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
Jul 24, 2014
268 posts
245 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Fun little Easter egg. At the beginning of the game when Pagan Min sits you down at the table before taking a call, he asks you to wait until he returns. If you are true to your word, after 15 minutes so will he be true to his. Enjoy the alternate ending.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
Great deal! I really miss playing Far Cry 4 now, the big debate is get Primal on release or wait for sale.
With Fido Mobile!
Nov 24, 2011
722 posts
412 upvotes
Ottawa
Said212 wrote: Great deal! I really miss playing Far Cry 4 now, the big debate is get Primal on release or wait for sale.
It'll be on sale in 2 weeks I think, just like The Order.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2001
1029 posts
128 upvotes
Edmonton
The Order is on sale for how much in 2 weeks?
Mar 9, 2009
561 posts
594 upvotes
I actually really enjoyed Zombi U...seems like a good combo
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
buddhijay88 wrote: *snip*
That's kind of spoiler-ish. I know I wouldn't have cared nearly as much if I didn't find out about it after finishing the game. It recasts the whole story in a different light.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
buddhijay88 wrote: Fun little Easter egg. At the beginning of the game when Pagan Min sits you down at the table before taking a call, he asks you to wait until he returns. If you are true to your word, after 15 minutes so will he be true to his. Enjoy the alternate ending.
Thanks for the info, but I hope that wasn't a spoiler. LOL. I have the game, but didn't play it yet. (sigh) My backlog... :(
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4110 posts
4562 upvotes
Ottawa
Iodine wrote: That's kind of spoiler-ish. I know I wouldn't have cared nearly as much if I didn't find out about it after finishing the game. It recasts the whole story in a different light.
Not really, it's a pretty well known alternate ending by now for a game that's been out for a little over a year. All he's saying is there's an alternate ending at the very beginning. Doesn't specify what it involves at all, just the requirements to reach it.

My girlfriend told me about it and said I should do it because it would give me a trophy. And it didn't. Still kinda depressed about it. The trophy that got away...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
Sounds like a Katy Perry song in the making. 'The trophy that got away'.

I'd honestly never heard about this easter egg but since I got the platinum, I assume I did it without even knowing.

"Oh I got a tricky trophy by just being myself and playing the game....not bad". Those trophies feel good.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11683 posts
5687 upvotes
buddhijay88 wrote: Fun little Easter egg. At the beginning of the game when Pagan Min sits you down at the table before taking a call, he asks you to wait until he returns. If you are true to your word, after 15 minutes so will he be true to his. Enjoy the alternate ending.
When first got this game i started it up and then when he asked me to wait i ended up going to get a drink and did a couple things quick next thing i know. hmm
Apr 8, 2007
893 posts
368 upvotes
Guelph
Batarang wrote: Not really, it's a pretty well known alternate ending by now for a game that's been out for a little over a year. All he's saying is there's an alternate ending at the very beginning. Doesn't specify what it involves at all, just the requirements to reach it.

My girlfriend told me about it and said I should do it because it would give me a trophy. And it didn't. Still kinda depressed about it. The trophy that got away...
The trophy that never was... :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote: Not really, it's a pretty well known alternate ending by now for a game that's been out for a little over a year. All he's saying is there's an alternate ending at the very beginning. Doesn't specify what it involves at all, just the requirements to reach it.
You're coming from a position where you already know about the spoiler ahead of time, so of course you would feel that way.

The path to the ending only becomes clear during a conversation at the very end of the game. It's possible to stumble upon it on your own, sure, but that whole conversation only works as intended if the player unwittingly chooses not to end the game early. The requirement to get the ending is the spoiler in this case. That's not to mention the ending itself is spoiler heavy if you were to see it early.

And the fact some people already know about it is kind of a moot point here.