• Jun 9th, 2016 7:15 pm
Tags:
None
47 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2329 posts
592 upvotes
I can't help but think that this game is going to rapidly drop in price. They're asking full retail for a remaster, eh? Hm.

Still, solid deal on the price error if you want it immediately.
Sep 19, 2014
457 posts
234 upvotes
Markham, ON
I really don't think this is a price error.....
Oct 20, 2004
798 posts
127 upvotes
how is this a hot deal ? game is still overpriced
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Mar 20, 2012
614 posts
488 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
What a disappointment!
Aug 20, 2009
322 posts
319 upvotes
Regardless of how people feel about the price it is unfair to compare this with other HD remasters. This one closer to a remake since there is more content and gameplay changes. I believe they did redraw the 2D art too.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
This game will be 20$ soon
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Jul 28, 2010
894 posts
572 upvotes
Vertigo wrote: I can't help but think that this game is going to rapidly drop in price. They're asking full retail for a remaster, eh? Hm.
SuperDuperFox wrote: Still too expensive.
EveryLurker wrote: how is this a hot deal ? game is still overpriced
ispeedca wrote: This game will be 20$ soon
How dare Vanillaware and Atlus charge full price for a critically-acclaimed game that was released almost 10 years ago. After all it’s old AND 2D. Nevermind the completely hand-drawn art, improved combat, and steady 60 FPS on all platforms. This looks like some indie trash that belongs in a humble bundle or flash sale. I rather save my money for real remasters, like CoD MW.
piercezoner wrote: Regardless of how people feel about the price it is unfair to compare this with other HD remasters. This one closer to a remake since there is more content and gameplay changes. I believe they did redraw the 2D art too.
At least one poster with half a brain ITT. This is a great deal for people going digital and it’s bound to be corrected soon.
Jul 2, 2010
21 posts
14 upvotes
I see a lot of people ragging on this game but unless you've played it you really shouldn't.
Everything about it is fantastic. Its got unparalleled gorgeous 2D visuals, fast paced game-play and a truly epic story.
Don't miss out--this is a masterpiece!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6630 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
It was actually on sale earlier for $25.99US on Amazon.com

I lack info on this game, but it appears to be something akin to Dragon's Crown?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2519 posts
4250 upvotes
Toronto
Worth full price...bought the physical vita version for 54:99 plus 30 percent off :( .

Wish it was 39.99.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: It was actually on sale earlier for $25.99US on Amazon.com

I lack info on this game, but it appears to be something akin to Dragon's Crown?
It's from the same developer, so kinda. A lot of the ideas in Dragon's Crown came from original Odin's Sphere.

I played the demo, and it feels like a cross between Dragon's Crown and Muramasa (which was another Vanillaware game that came out some time between the two games). I liked the classes a lot more here than in DC, personally. My only concern is that the demo was far too easy, but I'm sure that's just because they have all the abilities and stats maxed out for the demo.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9240 posts
3684 upvotes
raspeed wrote: I lack info on this game, but it appears to be something akin to Dragon's Crown?
If you pre-ordered from the amazon or best buy 30% off E3 pre-order deals, the Collector's Edition with the t-shirt, art print, hardcover art book, steelbook case,
and the standard game inside was $69.99.

It is a Vanillaware game so it is from the same developers as Dragon's Crown.

For that price, it is probably one of the best Collector's Editions in terms of value that I have.

The game currently has an 87 out of 100 average on metacritic.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... eifthrasir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTvoG3_HkU

Even though it is a single-player only game, the gameplay in Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is better than Dragon's Crown IMO.
Dragon's Crown (on PS3) has up to 4 player local multiplayer and online multiplayer and I prefer the character designs of Dragon's Crown overall but Odin Sphere is the better game.

I have not tried out the Vita version yet but the PS4 version is 1080p native resolution and 60 frames per second whereas the PS2 version was 480p native resolution and ran between 20-30 frames per second. Many gameplay tweaks and enhancements have been done in the remastered version.
Feb 8, 2008
344 posts
32 upvotes
If they could port the PS3/Vita version of Dragon's Crown to PS4, that would be great. There has been a lack of decent co-op games lately.
May 30, 2011
367 posts
565 upvotes
It's worth nothing that the vita version is 39.99$ (no tax) on PSN versus the 54.99$ + taxes in store for the physical version.
Jun 9, 2013
416 posts
330 upvotes
Surrey
got the ps4 storybook for $68 from amazon after all the discounts. but tempted to get for psn so i can keep the storybook sealed, since its only 3gb...