• May 6th, 2020 5:07 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21528 upvotes
Toronto

[PSN/PS4] Play At Home - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection & Journey *FREE

Deal Link:
As a thank you to all who are doing their part to lessen the impact of this pandemic, Sony Interactive Entertainment is pleased to announce the Play At Home initiative.

Play At Home has two components: first, providing free games to help keep the PlayStation community entertained at home; and finally, establishing a fund to help smaller independent game studios who may be experiencing financial difficulties continue building great experiences for all gamers. — no PlayStation Plus required —

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey available for free* for a limited time through digital downloads from April 15 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT. Once you redeem the games, they are yours to keep.

Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 14th, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
PS+ subscribers who added these games previously can still add the free copy to their library.

In the PS Store go to each game's page. There should be 2 choices under Choose a Version. Choose FREE as opposed to the PS Shopping bag icon. Start the game download just to be sure.
To check, go to your PS4's XMB on the far right, you should notice you lost each game under your PS+ library.
194 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2004
9274 posts
26810 upvotes
Sony Interactive Entertainment is encouraging PlayStation 4 owners to stay at home during the coronavirus pandemic by giving away two games: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey. Both PS4 games will be free to download — no PlayStation Plus required — and free to keep forever starting April 15.

The giveaway is part of Sony’s newly announced Play At Home initiative, which comprises both a way to “help keep the PlayStation community entertained at home” and a $10 million fund “to help smaller independent game studios who may be experiencing financial difficulties continue building great experiences for all gamers.”

For most of you, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will need no introduction. This three-game collection from the masters at Naughty Dog includes Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception—all meticulously remastered for PS4. We can’t imagine a better time for globe-trotting adventures with Nathan Drake, an iconic cast of characters, and thrilling treasure-hunting action gameplay.

Then there’s Journey, a beautiful, celebrated adventure that is as moving as it is mysterious. The game’s life-affirming message is timeless, and perhaps more important now than ever before.

Source: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04 ... nitiative/

Links to games (free from April 15 to May 5)

Journey

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

I know some of you will ask so, yes, both titles were previously available as bonuses through PlayStation Plus. The Uncharted three-game collection was available in January 2020, and Journey in September 2016.
Last edited by Jouvert on Apr 14th, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
*inb4 people bitch about already having these two games*
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Dec 20, 2010
449 posts
390 upvotes
If these are lifetime free licenses not tied to PS+, I wonder what happens to everyone who "bought" them during the PS+ giveaway; hopefully they won't keep it tied to PS+, but I believe that's how it works by default.
May 10, 2010
570 posts
878 upvotes
London
T_Ruff wrote: If these are lifetime free licenses not tied to PS+, I wonder what happens to everyone who "bought" them during the PS+ giveaway; hopefully they won't keep it tied to PS+, but I believe that's how it works by default.
As far as I know, it will be tied to their PS+ subscription. I had the same issue with trying to buy Killing Floor 2. It was free with PS+, and I had a code for it. Called sony to try and get them to remove the license from my account so that I could use the code (and keep the game), they said they did, but it never worked. Mind you this was a while ago so maybe they changed/fixed the system...
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14291 posts
4791 upvotes
Toronto
Good for those who don't already have them, but many of us got these free through PS Plus. Yawn.
Sep 16, 2010
876 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Didn't have PS+ subscription. Will grab these tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14291 posts
4791 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure lots of people don't have Journey, but Uncharted Collection was a free game only two months ago! They should have a separate freebie for PS Plus only.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1275 posts
433 upvotes
Thanks OP!
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Oct 17, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
Woah this is perfect... I almost caved into buying uncharted for $20 last week, good thing I waited
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1139 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Is Journey worth playing?

I have Horizon Dawn, Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider (second one in the new series), DOOM and Bloodbourne in my PS4 to-play backlog.
I have finished and enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 3, Until Dawn and Tomb Raider on the PS4.
I have played Nier and didn't like it.
Feb 28, 2006
293 posts
255 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: Is Journey worth playing?

I have Horizon Dawn, Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider (second one in the new series), DOOM and Bloodbourne in my PS4 to-play backlog.
I have finished and enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 3, Until Dawn and Tomb Raider on the PS4.
Journey is super short, so might as well give it a try. It's artistic and some people found meaning in it. It's decent at least.

If you still haven't played Bloodborne, and you don't mind Dark Souls like difficulty, do play it. It's a masterpiece.
Feb 28, 2006
293 posts
255 upvotes
Even though I already own both games, I appreciate Sony for doing this.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
It's fantastic. Gameplay is incredibly simple, the story is lovely, and the score is one of the best gaming scores ever, imo. Plus it's a pretty chill game, which might be perfect for this timeline that we're living now.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1047 posts
826 upvotes
SURREY

Play Journey when you have 2-3 hours to kill. Great game to relax to with headphones or the speakers turned up.
I liked Tomb Raider like you did. Might I recommend Horizon for you after Journey. I dislike open world games normally but combat/story over-rode all that for me.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2832 posts
1771 upvotes
Victoria
Sorry for the noob question: any way to get these for PS3? Would love to play Uncharted again!