Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Public Mobile $10 off x 6 months on $50 plan for New Customers August 20-21, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 11:00 pm
Jul 21, 2019
138 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
OwinT35225 wrote: I went to buy a SIM at one of TMS an hour ago. The sales representative try to put me with Freedom, which I told him I already with Freedom.
he seems not want to sign me with Public and push me with VirginOr Koodo even I told him I don't want that high payment plan. I've just want to try Public as my Freedom is prepaid.

I'm not quite sure with this "3G speed", since I test the speed and get 80-130Mbps. anybody got the result like me? I thought It will be 3mbps like others said.
this is surprise me, though it might be reduce in a few days?
The 3 Mbps throttling will come later. Right now you're getting full LTE speeds, before it takes effect.
Don't blow your data allowance on speed tests.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
OwinT35225 wrote: I went to buy a SIM at one of TMS an hour ago. The sales representative try to put me with Freedom, which I told him I already with Freedom.
he seems not want to sign me with Public and push me with VirginOr Koodo even I told him I don't want that high payment plan. I've just want to try Public as my Freedom is prepaid.

I'm not quite sure with this "3G speed", since I test the speed and get 80-130Mbps. anybody got the result like me? I thought It will be 3mbps like others said.
If you connected to 3G signal, you will get the full 3G speed at your location.
If you connected to LTE signal, your speed will be capped to 3Mbps.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Aug 4, 2018
26 posts
14 upvotes
embguy wrote: If you connected to 3G signal, you will get the full 3G speed at your location.
If you connected to LTE signal, your speed will be capped to 3Mbps.
it's showing LTE+ so I believe it's just activation error. lol
ledasulu wrote: The 3 Mbps throttling will come later. Right now you're getting full LTE speeds, before it takes effect.
Don't blow your data allowance on speed tests.
Yeah, That's what I thinking of too. this may be only a few hours after activation. might be cap to 3Mbps soon, I guess.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes

Only LTE connections will be throttled to 3Mbps. The first 48 hours will be full speed. Connections to HSPA+ will not be throttled.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Jul 21, 2019
138 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
OwinT35225 wrote: it's showing LTE+ so I believe it's just activation error. lol

Yeah, That's what I thinking of too. this may be only a few hours after activation. might be cap to 3Mbps soon, I guess.
You'll get LTE+ (LTE-Advanced) if your device supports it, as Public Mobile uses the Bellus towers.
Even though your speeds are throttled, you still get the other benefits of LTE, e.g. lower latency and smoother handoffs.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
OwinT35225 wrote: it's showing LTE+ so I believe it's just activation error. lol

It's not an error. All Public Mobile customers have access to LTE. It's just that the LTE speeds are reduced on these plans.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Came back to public mobile. Koodo soured me on that whole medium tab downgrade thing.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
ssjlancer wrote: Came back to public mobile. Koodo soured me on that whole medium tab downgrade thing.
Welcome back, even if it's from the same parent company.
Neo Financial customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)