Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] 1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

  • Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER

1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

Deal Link:
Price:
$15
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Public Mobile
For a limited time (Expiry date unknown), Public Mobile has the 1GB LTE Data Add-on for $15. Regular price is $30. The add-on will carry over until all the data is used up.
89 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4116 posts
1326 upvotes
GTA
Where do you see that it's a limited time pricing? It's actually been at $15 for a little while now
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2001
15472 posts
2147 upvotes
Brandoge wrote: $15 for 1 gig is cold
Unless you happen to be a Public Mobile customer on a low usage plan who likes to have an extra gig handy in case of run-over. Then $15 for 1GB is half-price. :rolleyes: Pillock.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dave98 wrote: Where do you see that it's a limited time pricing? It's actually been at $15 for a little while now
It says limited time pricing. I have no idea how long it's been at that price for, or how long it will stay at that price for. I only saw it when I logged on to check my usage.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Brandoge wrote: $15 for 1 gig is cold
Useful add-on if you've got the $10/month, 50 min, 50 text plan, which by the way, is the only way you can get LTE data on Public. If you're not on that plan, or some other grandfathered no-data plan, then move along.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
3735 posts
3174 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I wonder if any of these people saying it's cold are Public Mobile customers.

If it were an extra gig for a month, I'd understand why people think it's cold, but an extra gig that lasts until you use it is quite different.

It's not super hot, but it's decent for those with low monthly caps that sometimes go over.
Member
Jun 17, 2007
261 posts
215 upvotes
Terrace
I thought this was straight up just the new normal price, it's been this way a long time. Who wants to pay $30 for 1gb data when the $40 plan comes with 5gb?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Elanzer wrote: I thought this was straight up just the new normal price, it's been this way a long time. Who wants to pay $30 for 1gb data when the $40 plan comes with 5gb?
LIke I said, I don't know how long it's been at the price. When they say limited time pricing, it could also mean in the near future, they may drop that add-on altogether, just like they dropped the $10 plan. For me, the add-on is a perfect pairing for my $10 plan. For use when I drop out of wi-fi, the 1GB lasts me almost a year. And it's the last remaining LTE data option on Public.
Member
Jun 17, 2007
261 posts
215 upvotes
Terrace
Rogido wrote: LIke I said, I don't know how long it's been at the price. When they say limited time pricing, it could also mean in the near future, they may drop that add-on altogether, just like they dropped the $10 plan. For me, the add-on is a perfect pairing for my $10 plan. For use when I drop out of wi-fi, the 1GB lasts me almost a year. And it's the last remaining LTE data option on Public.
Have you seen the $15 plan with 100min, unlimited incoming and texts and 250mb data? I guess the plan you have is one or the only ones that buying data makes sense
Jr. Member
Jul 4, 2016
145 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Elanzer wrote: Have you seen the $15 plan with 100min, unlimited incoming and texts and 250mb data? I guess the plan you have is one or the only ones that buying data makes sense
Unfortunately if you added the 1GB on the $15 plan, you'd only get 3G data, since the 250MB is at 3G speed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12992 posts
3376 upvotes
VANCOUVER
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
You're so right, since you're also paying $10/month on your base plan, and your 9GB rolls over. :facepalm: Thanks for coming.

Actually, btw, I'm paying $5/month currently for my Public Mobile base plan. Paired with the 1GB data add-on , I can't think of a better low-usage, backup cell plan, and it's still eligible for the USA roaming options.
Last edited by Rogido on May 17th, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
3735 posts
3174 upvotes
Richmond Hill
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
It's not quite comparable. You're paying that $13 every month regardless of whether you use that data or not.

For example, have you touched any of that 9GB add-on in the last few months? If you were staying at home like you're supposed to, you probably didn't.

For someone that goes over a couple hundred megabytes every now and then, paying $15 maybe once or twice a year would be a lot more cost-effective.

Top