1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 10:01 am
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1184 posts
844 upvotes
QuinteWest
I guess if your stuck on PublicMobile $15 for 1GB is better than the $30 for 1GB they use to charge. Honestly, for $15 they should give 5GB. Koodo offers $15 for 10GB from time to time for their subscribers. Same mother company, they should at least offer more GB for publicmobile.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1228 posts
702 upvotes
moncton
I been paying $10/month at Speakout for 100M data (just data) for quite some time, probably switching that number to Public's $15 plan in the next week or so now that they have the added promotion. As someone that can get by with only a few hundred MB a month this is a pretty good deal.
Aug 25, 2006
299 posts
110 upvotes
Cambridge
thanks op
everyone here complaining or comparing to other plans pretty much don't understand rollover and that people exist who only require low usage monthly
and then I think there are some people who are so proud of their cell phone plan that they just want to post about it lol
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1157 posts
1641 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Paulie1RFD wrote: I guess if your stuck on PublicMobile $15 for 1GB is better than the $30 for 1GB they use to charge. Honestly, for $15 they should give 5GB. Koodo offers $15 for 10GB from time to time for their subscribers. Same mother company, they should at least offer more GB for publicmobile.
Are Koodo data add-ons one time purchases that don't expire? Public is. From what I gather with Koodo you pay for the option to use the data within a time frame or its gone and you need to refresh each month until the end of term. With public you can use this data until you cancel it don't go away.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22189 posts
3014 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Are Koodo data add-ons one time purchases that don't expire? Public is. From what I gather with Koodo you pay for the option to use the data within a time frame or its gone and you need to refresh each month until the end of term. With public you can use this data until you cancel it don't go away.
Prepaid rolls over, yes. But the 10GB add on he referred to is for post paid.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
PM's $15 plan is a good option for low usage phone users.
Unlimited international text and picture messaging
Unlimited incoming calls, 100 outgoing Canada minutes
250 mb data
Voice mail, call waiting
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans ... MB-3Gspeed

You can buy extra add on: (unused portion rolls over to next month)
1. 500 Canada wide minutes (outgoing) for $5
2. 1 GB data add on for $15 (sale price)

If you sign up for autopay, $2 per month discount. $13 per month then.

Loyalty rewards can lower monthly fee even lower. $1 per month for each year with Public mobile (up to $5). So, if you stay with PM for 5 years and are on autopay, this plan becomes $8/month.

If you refer friends, extra rewards on top. The rewards system makes PM cheaper over the long run. However, if data is most important, consider Lucky mobile as another option.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
3163 posts
1056 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
Yes it would be cold if you pay for an expensive plan. I'm on PM's $15 plan without included data where I have added a never-expiring gigabyte or two on hand. I've never yet had to buy any more gigabytes but if I did this would be the time to add one. I'm glad OP posted it.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1121 posts
574 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
Agreed that $15 for 1 gig of data is cold if you were buying a re-occurring monthly plan...but that is not what this is, it is a non-expiring data booster to be used by a low usage plan, not everyone needs to pay for tonnes of data every month.

Thanks OP, upvoted to compensate for some of the downvote from people who don't understand
RIP Eug
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4169 posts
1038 upvotes
Markham
$15 for 1GB that never expires is better than $5/month if it takes you longer than 3 months to use 1GB. This is not for you people who have 10GB plans.

This is a good deal for some types of usage. I say this even though I’m only paying $40/month for 10GB/month.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4169 posts
1038 upvotes
Markham
Elanzer wrote: I thought this was straight up just the new normal price, it's been this way a long time. Who wants to pay $30 for 1gb data when the $40 plan comes with 5gb?
If you don’t need 5gb every month? $30 is just bad but $15 means if you only use 333MB/month you’re paying $5/month for data. If it’s just about $/GB, then you’re paying twice as much for your 5GB plan than my 10GB plan.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6858 posts
3373 upvotes
Debtario
I'm ok with their 3g speed. I'd rather take slow but unlimited for a few bucks, not this terrible pittance of an offer.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3076 posts
2127 upvotes
Canadia
Rogido wrote: Useful add-on if you've got the $10/month, 50 min, 50 text plan, which by the way, is the only way you can get LTE data on Public.
For the last time: Public uses LTE. It is simply throttled to 3Mbps up/down.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2184 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
This is cheap peace of mind if you don't normally exceed your max, but don't want to have to worry about it. Public Mobile just cuts off data if you have reached your max, so you could be mid transaction with your banking when that happened, which could cause you headaches. And you won't be able to top up your data with an addon while you're out unless you hit a public wifi, which is a security risk in itself.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
Bull Dog wrote: This is cheap peace of mind if you don't normally exceed your max, but don't want to have to worry about it. Public Mobile just cuts off data if you have reached your max, so you could be mid transaction with your banking when that happened, which could cause you headaches. And you won't be able to top up your data with an addon while you're out unless you hit a public wifi, which is a security risk in itself.
You could dial 611 to buy add ons from your phone. However, you will need to remember your PIN.

You are right. Peace of mind add on for low data users.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1124 posts
522 upvotes
good deal for low usage user like me. I pay nothing for my $10 pm plan with 3 years loyalty /5friends refferal credit and use less than 30mins every month, and still have 1.5g left for the last 2 data promotions. but this would be pretty great for me if my data basket run out. For sure, this is not good for people who use a lot data
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1615 posts
2896 upvotes
I am on PM $22.99 unlimited talk/text 1GB. However, I would NEVER in a million years pay $15 for 1GB of data let alone $30.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12978 posts
11820 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: good deal for low usage user like me. I pay nothing for my $10 pm plan with 3 years loyalty /5friends refferal credit and use less than 30mins every month, and still have 1.5g left for the last 2 data promotions. but this would be pretty great for me if my data basket run out. For sure, this is not good for people who use a lot data
PM rewards lower the monthly cost is the reason why subscribers stay with PM. It is cheaper than 7-11 Speakout. After I found out the PM $10 plan two years ago, I switched after used my fund in my SO account.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Nov 29, 2009
210 posts
136 upvotes
London
iamdesperado wrote: I pay $13 for 9GB add-on with Koodo. This is colder than ice.
Yes but Koodo also charges 5 cents a minute for talk add on whereas PM charges 1 cent per minute.
Signed ... A former Koodo customer who now resides in PM land.
WISDOM IS JUST A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMON SENSE ...
Nov 29, 2009
210 posts
136 upvotes
London
KenAdams wrote: I am on PM $22.99 unlimited talk/text 1GB. However, I would NEVER in a million years pay $15 for 1GB of data let alone $30.
You may if your monthly bill was only $13 + tax. Just to be safe, Never say Never ...
WISDOM IS JUST A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMON SENSE ...
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal
thanks for posting this! upvoted!
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!