1GB LTE Data add-on - 50% off - Limited Time Pricing

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2020 10:01 am
Dec 16, 2012
75 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hey, just a question...
I ran out of data with my PM plan yesterday which brought me here, so I'll probably buy the add-on.

There's a plan advertised that seems better than what I have though, am I missing something?
- My Plan: This plan includes: - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk - 6GB Data (90 days) - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk - Unlimited International Text = $135 per 90 Days
- $40/month Plan Online: 4.5 GB Data at 3G speed⁴ - Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay - Unlimited Talk Canada-wide - Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging = $40/month

If my plan in worse as it seems, should I just switch to the plan online, is there anything else to consider when switching plans?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12981 posts
11823 upvotes
baxtothemax wrote: Hey, just a question...
I ran out of data with my PM plan yesterday which brought me here, so I'll probably buy the add-on.

There's a plan advertised that seems better than what I have though, am I missing something?
- My Plan: This plan includes: - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk - 6GB Data (90 days) - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk - Unlimited International Text = $135 per 90 Days
- $40/month Plan Online: 4.5 GB Data at 3G speed⁴ - Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay - Unlimited Talk Canada-wide - Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging = $40/month

If my plan in worse as it seems, should I just switch to the plan online, is there anything else to consider when switching plans?
Your current plan is $120+ tax = $135.6 every 90days = $45.2 every 30 days
The $40 5GB data = $40 + tax = $45.2 every 30days

Your grandfathered 90 days plan may have full LTE data speed. Check your plan details after login.
The $40 plan has only 3G speed or LTE capped to 3Mbps
How often that your went over 12GB over 90days?
You will not get it back after you change to the $40 5GB plan.

Lot of people want your grandfathered plan. You may make some money if you are not attached to your phone number. Your rewards will go with your account to the new owner. You should have at least $3 loyalty reward + $2 autopay reward.

Do your calculation before making any decision.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
baxtothemax wrote: Hey, just a question...

Another option is to message moderator to renew your plan earlier. PM does not prorate plans, so whatever is remaining in your present cycle will be gone. It may take 1-2 days for moderator response though.

As stated above, see whether your grandfathered plan has LTE data. That should be a factor in your decision.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Dec 16, 2012
75 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the help.
It doesn't say LTE or 3G in my plan details. I assume it would specify if it was 3G data so you are probably correct that I'm grandfathered in
You're correct about my autopay/loyalty rewards as well, which i wouldn't want to lose.
I'll just stick with what I have, I don't usually go over the data limits anyways so this 1GB add-on will last me a long time. :)

Thanks again
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7207 upvotes
Vancouver
Dunkster wrote: It may take 1-2 days for moderator response though.
I was very pleasantly surprised that Mods answered the same day I sent request.. And fixed the issues promptly. Happen 2 times [for 2 requests I had] within last month!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
baxtothemax wrote: Thanks for the help.
It doesn't say LTE or 3G in my plan details. I assume it would specify if it was 3G data so you are probably correct that I'm grandfathered in
You're correct about my autopay/loyalty rewards as well, which i wouldn't want to lose.
I'll just stick with what I have, I don't usually go over the data limits anyways so this 1GB add-on will last me a long time. :)

Thanks again
You are correct. If it does not specify 3G, you have LTE data. Probably better to keep your present plan.

For example, with my account details, it shows:
This plan includes: -
- 5GB at 3G Speed
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2831 posts
4550 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Where do you see that it's a limited time pricing? It's actually been at $15 for a little while now
This price has been valid since March 31.
Public Mobile client: $50 calls/texts/10.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2831 posts
4550 upvotes
Rogido wrote: For a limited time (Expiry date unknown), Public Mobile has the 1GB LTE Data Add-on for $15. Regular price is $30. The add-on will carry over until all the data is used up.
This is a not an LTE data add-on. While customers can connect to the LTE network, data add-ons do not have speeds associated with them. They folow the speed of your base plan. This means that you if you're on a reduced speed "3g"/3Mbps speed plan, that's all you're gonig to get with this add-on.
Public Mobile client: $50 calls/texts/10.5GB
Jan 12, 2006
995 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
The $15 price is permanent now.