Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

$20 for unlimited, province wide calling!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 11:23 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax

$20 for unlimited, province wide calling!

Deal Link:
Price:
$20
Retailer:
Public Mobile
I was looking at the plans at Public Mobile, and I noticed that the unlimited province wide calling plan is $20 a month if you pay for 90 days. I could have sworn it was $25 before.
141 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I was looking at the plans at Public Mobile, and I noticed that the unlimited province wide calling plan is $20 a month if you pay for 90 days. I could have sworn it was $25 before.
It's $25/month if you add global text. But actually, $23/month after auto-pay. Pretty good deal for unlimited calling. Time to ditch the home phones and just go cellular
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Dec 5, 2012
70 posts
111 upvotes
TORONTO
It is when you choose no text message option though.... It is still 25 with global text included.
May 28, 2004
705 posts
291 upvotes
BelleVegas
Actually this is not bad, signed my Mom up for Petro Canada text deal, and is a pain the ass to pay, all she wants is emergency phone for travelling.. so this should fit the bill with autopay
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
123 upvotes
Logtown
fmpsportsguy2 wrote: Actually this is not bad, signed my Mom up for Petro Canada text deal, and is a pain the ass to pay, all she wants is emergency phone for travelling.. so this should fit the bill with autopay
Yup, ideal for my MIL as well. Just talks a lot, and hates spending any money.
Jun 9, 2015
206 posts
79 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Does Public Mobile has referral credit/discount for referral recipients?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
VividGlider wrote: Does Public Mobile has referral credit/discount for referral recipients?
If you enter another person's number during activation, they save $1/month off their plan. You do not get any credit as the person activating.
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi there is this a better plan than speak out?
May 16, 2017
406 posts
214 upvotes
good deal but hows the reception with this company? i heard bells the best then rogers
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
slash407 wrote: good deal but hows the reception with this company? i heard bells the best then rogers
It's parent company is Telus, and Bell and Telus share the same network.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2005
1146 posts
163 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been looking for a plan like chatr’s $20 prepaid but with the ability to add data add on and this is exactly what I was looking for.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
tmonies wrote: Time to ditch the home phones and just go cellular
That time was over 7 years ago for us. Easily saved over $400 per year.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
tubs wrote: Thanks OP. Been looking for a plan like chatr’s $20 prepaid but with the ability to add data add on and this is exactly what I was looking for.
Chatr's $20 plan does not work in most of Canada which is why I did not consider it. Rogers coverage has huge holes in some areas, and since Chatr does not offer extended coverage, it is less desirable in certain areas.
Feb 14, 2002
295 posts
146 upvotes
fmpsportsguy2 wrote: Actually this is not bad, signed my Mom up for Petro Canada text deal, and is a pain the ass to pay, all she wants is emergency phone for travelling.. so this should fit the bill with autopay
Why is it a pain in the ass to pay? You can do all of it online and have it auto pay every month if you like.
Banned
Sep 5, 2016
344 posts
370 upvotes
Good plan for person who got EX-Moblicity /Chatr plans now force to leave. Robbers going to increase those grandfathered plan.

Robbers again repeat old tricks after takeover Moblicity client. After one year they start kick out grandfathered EX Moblicity plans & start increasing price with old Robbers pet fashion. I received this message yesterday

“ chatr service msg: On your next anniversary date of 11/20/2017 your service fee will increase by $5 per month.

Also, starting on Oct 25, 2017 the pay-per-use rates for your chatr services will be changing. You can view all rate changes at www.chatrmobile.com/ppuchanges732 . All other features included in your plan will remain the same.

This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you wish to change or cancel your chatr service please contact us at www.chatrmobile.com/contactus . “
Satisfied Customer from these providers :-
Koodo Mobile
Public Mobile
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
And it's actually $18/month if you enable autopay..... Which comes to $20.34 after tax. But yeah.

Perfect for people who don't need sms and just need unlimited voice
May 16, 2017
406 posts
214 upvotes
ur saying that there reception is as good as being with telus or bell? they might share the same network but i doubt they get full access. Do u got publicmobile? would love to hear from any experiences
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
slash407 wrote: ur saying that there reception is as good as being with telus or bell? they might share the same network but i doubt they get full access. Do u got publicmobile? would love to hear from any experiences
Its the same coverage. I was on Telus before Public Mobile and have not noticed any difference. I helped port over many family members and friends as well from different carriers and no complaints from anyone.