Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

4gb plan $40 IF you can find a SIM purchased within guideline YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2017 1:55 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2741 posts
408 upvotes
Mississauga
anyone able to activate their sim with order number back in 2015? hahahaha
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
407 upvotes
Westside
Interesting. I still have an unused SIM that would qualify. Hmmm
Dec 27, 2005
603 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
how do you even activate ? i tried and it doesn't give you the plan

coming to $186
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2071 posts
2472 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, that sucks. PM's customer service sucks. Haven't had a good time being able to talk to anyone about my concerns. I was within the frame of getting the 4GB/month plan and they wouldn't change it over. Still can't. I'm gonna go with one of those Koodo plans instead. Can't deal with PM's frustrating customer service.

I also have friends who NEVER received their SIM card. Added to that, I was NEVER refunded the $10 for ordering and activating my SIM card.
Dec 27, 2005
603 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
so you are saying we can't?
Masernaut wrote: Well, that sucks. PM's customer service sucks. Haven't had a good time being able to talk to anyone about my concerns. I was within the frame of getting the 4GB/month plan and they wouldn't change it over. Still can't. I'm gonna go with one of those Koodo plans instead. Can't deal with PM's frustrating customer service.

I also have friends who NEVER received their SIM card. Added to that, I was NEVER refunded the $10 for ordering and activating my SIM card.
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
You can, as long as you ordered a sim (or find someone who ordered a sim in the specified timeline on the site) and have an order number to give them. With the order number, they are able to validate a sim was purchased while the deal was active, and able to offer the deal up until Feb 3rd
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
jigz787 wrote: Buying a dual sim phone will kill your idea for most people.
guru2gr8 wrote: I am also agree with this. dual phones are costly, while buying a phone from provider and unlock it is much cheaper & with higher specification.
For example LG G4 , or Samsung S5 neo cost about $100 but dual sim phone cost more then $200 with less specification. I need to buy Dual sim phone but not able to find any attractive deal so for time being I am using two different phones.
But these arguments doesn't even make any sense. Public mobile doesn't sell phone. For this deal, you can't get any discount from any provider.

If you are talking about other provider that do sign contract and subsidizes a phone. You are not getting this deal anyway. You are easily paying extra $20 per month for the supposedly low cost of a phone. While the same additional money cost would get you a decent dual sim phone easily.

Beside, decent dual sim phone are plentiful and works with Rogers and Telus. The only real problem is when you want to use it with Wind. Which, again, with a dual sim phone where you can separate data and voice into two sims. You don't need wind/freedom anymore.

The only logical explanations I got is if you only want iPhone. Which, as the general rule goes. You don't go to Apple to save money in the first place.
Last edited by ID01 on Feb 1st, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 27, 2005
603 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thenerdmon wrote: You can, as long as you ordered a sim (or find someone who ordered a sim in the specified timeline on the site) and have an order number to give them. With the order number, they are able to validate a sim was purchased while the deal was active, and able to offer the deal up until Feb 3rd
I've a sim card but how do I get in touch with customer service?
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
ID01 wrote: I really don't understand how this is a deal of a century -IF- the alternative is simply use a dual sim phone. Put a tablet plan with 3 GB of data a month and voice is only around $25. Using extra data is only $10 a month. Even if you use 4 GB, you come to about $35. And you can get this plan much easier without hunting for a specific sim card.

Decent deal, sure. Deal of a century? little bit hyping it up I say?
Lol I was just joking around with the deal of the century comment. Whats a deal is definitely subjective and I didnt think anyone would take it literally.

A dual sim phone is a lot more work then getting both services from one company; one bill, can monitor through one provider, all integrated. Plus 40$ is the base cost, with auto pay it goes down to 38$, can knock it down with referral and contributing to the community. My bill is currently $32 a month BEFORE tax.

Gotta hype up a first post too
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
Through the community;

Here’s how you can submit your request:

Contact one of our moderators (@Shazia_K, @Mary_M or @Saray_O) with your SIM card order confirmation number. This will help them confirm that you ordered your SIM card between the dates outlined above and are eligible for the $40/ 4GB promo plan.

The instructions are on the link I posted in the original post
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
This has been extensively discussed in the existing PM deal thread.
georgep wrote: I have two sims I ordered several months before the deal - any suggestion that those would count as well?
From the thread linked in the OP, it's specifically only for people who ordered between October 25 and November 16, 2016.
paf wrote: how do you even activate ? i tried and it doesn't give you the plan

coming to $186
The instructions are in the thread linked in the OP. Activate your SIM card on a 90 day Province-Wide talk, Global text, and 6GB plan (for $120). Then contact the mods and they'll change it to 12GB.
Masernaut wrote: Well, that sucks. PM's customer service sucks. Haven't had a good time being able to talk to anyone about my concerns. I was within the frame of getting the 4GB/month plan and they wouldn't change it over. Still can't.
How did you contact them? Numerous RFDers have had zero problems getting them to honour the plan for sims ordered during the promo period.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
Thenerdmon wrote: Lol I was just joking around with the deal of the century comment. Whats a deal is definitely subjective and I didnt think anyone would take it literally.

A dual sim phone is a lot more work then getting both services from one company; one bill, can monitor through one provider, all integrated. Plus 40$ is the base cost, with auto pay it goes down to 38$, can knock it down with referral and contributing to the community. My bill is currently $32 a month BEFORE tax.

Gotta hype up a first post too
That seems a lot more realistic. Still. This is redflagdeals. You are posting a specific deal that require a lot of work to get in the first place (Need specific day of purchase, haunting down sim card, etc?) Saying dual sim phone is a lot more work seems odd to me.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3832 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
ID01 wrote: But these arguments doesn't even make any sense. Public mobile doesn't sell phone. For this deal, you can't get any discount from any provider.

If you are talking about other provider that do sign contract and subsidizes a phone. You are not getting this deal anyway. You are easily paying extra $20 per month for the supposedly low cost of a phone. While the same additional money cost would get you a decent dual sim phone easily.

Beside, decent dual sim phone are plentiful and works with Rogers and Telus. The only real problem is when you want to use it with Wind. Which, again, with a dual sim phone where you can separate data and voice into two sims. You don't need wind/freedom anymore.

The only logical explanations I got is if you only want iPhone. Which, as the general rule goes. You don't go to Apple to save money in the first place.
PM is 100% compatible with Telus or Koodo (the phone doesn't even have to be unlocked, so they just pick up a PM SIM and switch to PM), and it is a well-known fact in RFD that Koodo regularly has amazing promotions - e.g. you can have LG G5 for $360 + SIM card fee + a few days of service + tax. No contract.
If your phone is from Rogers, Bell, Virgin, Fido, or chatr, you can unlock the phone for $5-10 and it's most likely that your phone works on PM. I don't think many people had to buy a shiny brand new phone to be able to sign up on PM.
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
ID01 wrote: That seems a lot more realistic. Still. This is redflagdeals. You are posting a specific deal that require a lot of work to get in the first place (Need specific day of purchase, haunting down sim card, etc?) Saying dual sim phone is a lot more work seems odd to me.
Apples and oranges. I meant more work as in multiple providers, more sources to have to pay monthly/monitor usage over the term, phone specifics etc. Theyre both a pain, but getting a good deal aint easy. Yours is a good idea too, whatever works for us to save a few $$.

Its huge YMMV but some people who missed out on the plan have a chance to connect with some ppl looking to sell a sim, two ppl can win.

Throw me an upvote!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1287 posts
345 upvotes
Also looking for an applicable sim card or the invoice. I'm in Ontario.
Jun 21, 2010
655 posts
479 upvotes
London
The sim invoice must be between October 25 and November 16, 2016 . The last day to submit a request to be activated on the $40 / 4GB plan is February 3, 2017. Sims ordered before or after those dates cannot get the $40 plan.
Jan 7, 2006
612 posts
180 upvotes
I have a sim invoice, but I never received my sim from them. Any way I can get a sim before the 3rd?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: LOL deal of the century! There's bound to be better plans... Eventually.
I have a better plan, 8gb for $45.

$7 more = Double the data + Virgin benefits + Canada wide calling + international mins

PM's offer was no "deal of the century" by any means

EDIT: Don't know why people are downvoting. If you don't believe me, here's the proof post: public-mobile-4gb-plan-40-if-you-can-fi ... #p27423468
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Feb 1st, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
12 GB for 3 months is actually better than 4GB a month. You can use 10 GB the first month, 1 GB the next two month, or 6 GB one month, 3 GB the other months. etc.

Of course, if you have 8GB a month it is better than 12 GB for three months, but I feel like 12 GB / 3 months is solidly better than 5 GB a month.