Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

4gb plan $40 IF you can find a SIM purchased within guideline YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2017 1:55 pm
Mar 2, 2015
176 posts
205 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
myinglin0318 wrote: LOL deal of the century! There's bound to be better plans... Eventually.
amen! pretty sure this deal will surface again, and perhaps even better next time...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
terry0703 wrote: PM is 100% compatible with Telus or Koodo (the phone doesn't even have to be unlocked, so they just pick up a PM SIM and switch to PM), and it is a well-known fact in RFD that Koodo regularly has amazing promotions - e.g. you can have LG G5 for $360 + SIM card fee + a few days of service + tax. No contract.
If your phone is from Rogers, Bell, Virgin, Fido, or chatr, you can unlock the phone for $5-10 and it's most likely that your phone works on PM. I don't think many people had to buy a shiny brand new phone to be able to sign up on PM.
I'm not sure I understand your logic. PM is 100% compatible with Telus, but Fido is 100% compatible with Rogers too. What make PM better here? It is not a benefit.

Same with Koodo having regular promotion. Fido also has regular promotion, plus Rogers compatibility with many cheap smart phone exceeds Telus.

As for unlock, it is the same idea. Most Telus phone unlocked works with Roger's network.

I can understand for someone who already sign into Koodo/telus infrastructure this is a decent bonus going to Public Mobile. Sure. However, I don't see how this only apply to Public Mobile.
Jan 7, 2015
627 posts
522 upvotes
GVR
DeltaSingh wrote: I have a better plan, 8gb for $45.

$7 more = Double the data + Virgin benefits + Canada wide calling + international mins

PM's offer was no "deal of the century" by any means
Details on your virgin mobile plan?
Dec 4, 2016
90 posts
105 upvotes
I actually ordered a sim that never arrived. A buddy of mine had an extra and got me that, but thanks for the heads up op.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1194 posts
1418 upvotes
Sheex wrote: I have a sim invoice, but I never received my sim from them. Any way I can get a sim before the 3rd?
PM Mod at their forum to ask.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
CornPops wrote: Details on your virgin mobile plan?
Mine is not $45 it's $55 I don't know how they have $45 8gb with spotify in virgin.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Nov 17, 2014
320 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
Are there even any good active sim phones where i can receive calls from both numbers and use data at the same time?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2680 posts
1316 upvotes
GTA
Did any1 else successfully activated 4 go plan other than op????

Do they need sim or invoice or both?????
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20536 posts
5867 upvotes
Scarberia
does this still work if ur currently a PM member and want to add another NEW line for 40$ bucks by just getting the order invoice number? i threw away the envelop...do we get the inovice number from the email?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 7, 2015
627 posts
522 upvotes
GVR
d1ulove3 wrote: Mine is not $45 it's $55 I don't know how they have $45 8gb with spotify in virgin.
Yeah I believe Spotify is only on Fido. Anyways, is your plan a loyalty one? Or new activation?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20536 posts
5867 upvotes
Scarberia
for the next 3 months im paying 112? im not sure if they do taxes? i gotta check my cc statement

Jan 30, 2017 Unlimited Provincial Talk/Appels Illimités dans la Province $51.00 $0.00
Jan 30, 2017 Unlimited International Text/Messagerie texte à l'International $45.00 $51.00
Jan 30, 2017 12GB Data/Données 12 Go $125.00 $96.00
Jan 30, 2017 90-day pass/Passe de 90 jours $25.00 $221.00
Jan 30, 2017 Fall 2016 Promo/Offre de l’automne 2016 $126.00 $246.00
Jan 30, 2017 Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto. $8.00 $120.00
Jan 30, 2017 AutoPay Reward $6.00 $112.00
<< < [1] > >>
i like how its rolled over so if u spend less data u get to splurge in the later months

1st 4 months i had like 5 gigs left over..hardly used my phone data
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
DeltaSingh wrote: I have a better plan, 8gb for $45.

$7 more = Double the data + Virgin benefits + Canada wide calling + international mins

PM's offer was no "deal of the century" by any means
It was a plan everyone can get, not your special plan.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10552 upvotes
Oakville
densil_lopez wrote: Did any1 else successfully activated 4 go plan other than op????

Do they need sim or invoice or both?????
Many RFDers in the previous deal thread have been getting the promo after the expiry date. You need *a* sim card (doesn't matter when it's from, as long as it's a valid sim - you need any valid sim to activate an account) and the invoice number in order to get the promo plan.
Sheex wrote: I have a sim invoice, but I never received my sim from them. Any way I can get a sim before the 3rd?
Unlikely. Even if you contacted them right now and they sent you a new one out, it won't ship out till tmw at the earliest, and it's HIGHLY unlikely that it'll show up before the 3rd (last day to sign up). If you're lucky you can find a local RFDer with a spare sim to sell you and you can use that, but that's your only real option.
mikka2017 wrote: does this still work if ur currently a PM member and want to add another NEW line for 40$ bucks by just getting the order invoice number? i threw away the envelop...do we get the inovice number from the email?
Sure, if you've got an extra sim to activate. There's only one active sim/phone # per account, so you're really just creating a new account. Invoice number would be in the email.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3833 posts
1095 upvotes
GTA
ID01 wrote: I'm not sure I understand your logic. PM is 100% compatible with Telus, but Fido is 100% compatible with Rogers too. What make PM better here? It is not a benefit.

Same with Koodo having regular promotion. Fido also has regular promotion, plus Rogers compatibility with many cheap smart phone exceeds Telus.

As for unlock, it is the same idea. Most Telus phone unlocked works with Roger's network.

I can understand for someone who already sign into Koodo/telus infrastructure this is a decent bonus going to Public Mobile. Sure. However, I don't see how this only apply to Public Mobile.
Your deal requires a brand new dual sim phone, while this PM deal works with pretty much any existing phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
Nexzen wrote:
It was a plan everyone can get, not your special plan.
It was a plan that anyone could get. It's just a designated Quebec plan but I'm in Ontario.
CornPops wrote: Details on your virgin mobile plan?
Here you go, it was only available for a small amount of time during "Boxing Week". There was a huge thread here on how to get it in places other than Quebec on Koodo but I knew a different method to get it on Virgin (who were the only ones offering the $10 off). 12 months? No problem. I just switched from my 6gb plan to this plan after 12 months (and saved $3 per month) so I know new + better promos continue to come out, the 12 months are not a concern if you understand how to work the industry.
Screenshot_20170201-173322.png
EDIT: Formatting and clarity.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
523 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Too many companies, too many choices. Not sure which is the best.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
CornPops wrote: Yeah I believe Spotify is only on Fido. Anyways, is your plan a loyalty one? Or new activation?
My plan way back 2012 since then never change my plan, the 2gb is loyalty.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
DeltaSingh wrote: It was a plan that anyone could get. It's just a designated Quebec plan but I'm in Ontario.
Anyone could get it but your average person is not going to go get a quebec plan in ontario. Public was available for all without doing anything unofficial. This was an advertised plan, the $45 is not an advertised price anywhere outside of Quebec.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2460 posts
1884 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
How is this a deal if you can only get it if you find somebody who purchased a sim during a specific time and willing to give you it? How are you supposed to find that?
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: How is this a deal if you can only get it if you find somebody who purchased a sim during a specific time and willing to give you it? How are you supposed to find that?
It's a deal if u can find a sim. Ppl were selling sims they no longer wanted or used. That's why I put YMMV in title and in body.
Just cause u can't make use doesn't make it not a deal, if one or two ppl are able to sign on, it's all good