Expired Hot Deals

Public Mobile, $50 plan for $40 for first 6 renewals, new customers June 22-23, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2019 8:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2469 posts
3921 upvotes
Amourek wrote: I think it's only the standard $10 currently but better than nothing.
That's correct. $10 one-time for the new referred customer and $1 per 30 days for the pre-existing customer who made the referral
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
shatilas wrote: What's the referral bonus again?
Referrer gets recurring $1/30 days reward as long as the referee stay with PM. No one time $10 credit.
Referee gets one time $10 bill credit and no recurring $1/30 days reward.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Sep 16, 2011
271 posts
230 upvotes
Lethbridge
My number has been with Public Mobile before, I'm currently with Koodo, will I still be considered a new activation if I port back?
Nevermind, I got that number from Bell. It was never with Public.

Also, I don't have experience with porting away from an account with a phone Tab balance. Is it easy?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: My number has been with Public Mobile before, I'm currently with Koodo, will I still be considered a new activation if I port back?

Also, I don't have experience with porting away from an account with a phone Tab balance. Is it easy?
You need to keep the Koodo number active before you can port your number out.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1558 posts
1472 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: My number has been with Public Mobile before, I'm currently with Koodo, will I still be considered a new activation if I port back?

Porting is easy via the PM self service account. You will get a final bill for what is owed in your phone balance tab from your previous mobile company.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8851 posts
7070 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Does public mobile offer discount on phones with plans?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2469 posts
3921 upvotes

It wouldn't matter if the number was with Public Mobile previously. It would still be considered a new customer activation, although you'd have to use a different e-mail address than last time.

You port out the same as you would even if you didn't have a tab. Bell will bill you for any remaining device subsidy. Bell does sometimes refuse to release a phone number until first speaking to the customer. Whatever you do, you need to make sure that you do not cancel your Bell service or you will not be able to transfer the phone number.
Sep 16, 2011
271 posts
230 upvotes
Lethbridge
I think I'll wait until Freedom Mobile gets here this summer so I can have 8GB @ 4G instead of 3G for $50
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: I think I'll wait until Freedom Mobile gets here this summer so I can have 8GB @ 4G instead of 3G for $50
You can pay $38 with autopay for 8.5GB for 6 months while waiting for Freedom $50 8GB. No contract. You can switch anytime.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2469 posts
3921 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: I think I'll wait until Freedom Mobile gets here this summer so I can have 8GB @ 4G instead of 3G for $50
You"re assuming that there won"t be any delays. Also, Freedom"s network can be bad enough in places where there has been service for 9.5 years. What do think a brand new network at your locatuon is going to perform like?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11866 posts
10800 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: You"re assuming that there won"t be any delays. Also, Freedom"s network can be bad enough in places where there has been service for 9.5 years. What do think a brand new network at your locatuon is going to perform like?
Freedom is also a zone based provider. Roaming charge on highway and Canada National Park like Banff.
Feb 27, 2007
341 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
computergeek541 wrote: Imagine how popular this would be if they allowed it on the $25 plan. I think that we both know a way to turn this into a $70 discount. ;)
How can one turns this into $70 discount? PM me if u wish, thanks in advance!