Expired Hot Deals

Public Mobile, $50 plan for $40 for first 6 renewals, new customers June 22-23, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2019 8:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2470 posts
3922 upvotes
MontrealPost wrote: How can one turns this into $70 discount? PM me if u wish, thanks in advance!
$10 account credit if you have a friend refer you.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Sep 16, 2011
271 posts
230 upvotes
Lethbridge
embguy wrote: You can pay $38 with autopay for 8.5GB for 6 months while waiting for Freedom $50 8GB. No contract. You can switch anytime.
computergeek541 wrote: You"re assuming that there won"t be any delays. Also, Freedom"s network can be bad enough in places where there has been service for 9.5 years. What do think a brand new network at your locatuon is going to perform like?
embguy wrote: Freedom is also a zone based provider. Roaming charge on highway and Canada National Park like Banff.

You guys made some good points. I'm currently on this deal now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6600 posts
2673 upvotes
Canada
Been using Public for years and zero problems.

Funny first page is filled with "warning posts" ... must be sales drones for Rogers.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1558 posts
1472 upvotes
The warning posts were written by experienced RFD/PM customers. There are reasons why PM has lower fees. New customers should do their research and know PM limitations and drawbacks. PM service should work well for most people, but not everyone....
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1558 posts
1472 upvotes
laike4 wrote: So is this a good deal or not?
Compared to other Public mobile promotions in the past, in my opinion, it is a decent deal especially if you need a larger data base plan. Total savings of $60 over six months. Other promotions in the past include $10 per month savings for six months for plans over certain price point (? $30 or $40), 2nd month free with free sim card in store activation, $25 for both parties referral credit, etc.

If you don't need 8GB plan, I would wait........
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2470 posts
3922 upvotes
laike4 wrote: So is this a good deal or not?
If you were going to get the $50 plan anyway, it's fine. There have been past promotions on which the same discount was offered over a wider range of price plans.
Apr 16, 2013
209 posts
202 upvotes
Surrey
embguy wrote: Freedom is also a zone based provider. Roaming charge on highway and Canada National Park like Banff.

Freedom is not zoned based provider, they just have a small network compare to Bellus. Chatr & Lucky Mobile is/was a zoned based provider. Although all there current in market plans are no longer zoned based. Again Freedom has never or currently is not a zoned based provider. There native network is just small.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1642 posts
1073 upvotes
Calgary
jattdesi wrote: Freedom is not zoned based provider, they just have a small network compare to Bellus. Chatr & Lucky Mobile is/was a zoned based provider. Although all there current in market plans are no longer zoned based. Again Freedom has never or currently is not a zoned based provider. There native network is just small.
Totally agree. They aren't zone based.
Their network is just based in a limited zone of Canada.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2470 posts
3922 upvotes
trigger0 wrote: Any offer for free sim card?
No official offer for that. Some stores might do that if you activate there. You can recover the cost of a sim card in the form of a $10 account credit by having someone refer you.
Jun 13, 2019
512 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
computergeek541 wrote: No official offer for that. Some stores might do that if you activate there. You can recover the cost of a sim card in the form of a $10 account credit by having someone refer you.
Yes, there was no offer in walmart, however cellmate offered to provide $5 discount, if activated through them.. I am gonna get some referral and then get the sim card.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11867 posts
10801 upvotes
Less than 4 hours, this promo will expire at June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM EDT.
PM activation system is slow. Don't wait until last minute to activate your plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2470 posts
3922 upvotes
trigger0 wrote: Yes, there was no offer in walmart, however cellmate offered to provide $5 discount, if activated through them.. I am gonna get some referral and then get the sim card.
That was never advertised by the Walmart wireless department, so there's really no guarantee for a free sim card. Some people have managed to get free sim cards. You can always ask at whichever retailer you go to, but they might say no.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jun 23rd, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2470 posts
3922 upvotes
embguy wrote: Less than 4 hours, this promo will expire at June 23, 2019 at 11:59PM EDT.
PM activation system is slow. Don't wait until last minute to activate your plan.
I really don't believe activation slowness will be an issue today. This offer being restricted to just one price plan limits the amount of interest.