1363 posts
1183 upvotes

Flash sale: 2nd Month Free for any plan $25/month or higher

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 7, 2020
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Activate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get your next 30 days for $0 online only*. Activate by May 22nd using the email address submitted below to receive this offer.
Need to submit email address between May 5-7, 2020 and then activate online before May 22.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/flash-sale-05052020

Need to activate at home, online. Not in store. Customers can purchase Sim card in store, online via Public mobile website or Amazon.

EDIT: May 9: If you did not sign up your email address between May 5-7, 2020, you will not qualify for this flash promotion.
Last edited by Dunkster on May 9th, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Thread Summary
Signing up for autopay (automatic monthly payments), customers get $2 per month discount.

Popular PM plans: (need to sign up for autopay for the extra 500 mB data)
$25 -unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1 GB data (3G speed)
$40- unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 5 GB data (3G speed)
$50- unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 8 GB data (3G speed)
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
All our plans include these features: Call Display, Voicemail and Conference Calling
53 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1412 posts
281 upvotes
I wish they brought back extra data promo. I missed it last time when they had $40 / 6gb
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3427 upvotes
That's a rather short window to submit your e-mail to them. Oh well, better than nothing. In the past, some people have submitted an e-mail address that has been used before at Public Mobile. Make sure to use an e-mail address that has never been used for a Public Mobile account previously.

I'll further emphasize from the first post that according to Public Mobile, the sim card can come from anywhere as long as it is valid for a new account activation and that activation is done online by the required date. The e-mail address that will be used for that activation still needs to be registered before the activation at: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/flash-sale-05052020
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4219 posts
5411 upvotes
Vancouver
Lame... They will need to do way better if they want new customers...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1363 posts
1183 upvotes
shadowbreaker_z3 wrote: any offers to get a free sim?
No formal promotions for free SIM card at the present time. Some store vendors (ie. Walmart) will give a free SIM card if you activate in store, but then, you will not qualify for this promotion. Some ebay.ca vendors will sell at a small discount.

This promotion needs at home, online activation of SIM card.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3427 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: No formal promotions for free SIM card at the present time. Some store vendors (ie. Walmart) will give a free SIM card if you activate in store, but then, you will not qualify for this promotion. Some ebay.ca vendors will sell at a small discount.

This promotion needs at home, online activation of SIM card.
I'm not even sure that many of the cell phone booths are even open. Either way, since this an online only promotion, I can't see of any reason to go to a store to make this purchase, unless for some reason, you don't think that the sim card would arrive by May 22. I mean, if you're already at a grocery store that sells them fine, but I wouldn't go to a store these days for something such as a sim card if that's all you're going there for. That's just my opinion, but I also suspect that this may also be part of the reason for this specific promotion being online only.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: I'm not even sure that many of the cell phone booths are even open. Either way, since this an online only promotion, I can't see of any reason to go to a store to make this purchase, unless for some reason, you don't think that the sim card would arrive by May 22. I mean, if you're already at a grocery store that sells them fine, but I wouldn't go to a store these days for something such as a sim card if that's all you're going there for. That's just my opinion, but I also suspect that this may also be part of the reason for this specific promotion being online only.
Some TMS stores inside RCSS (Superstore) are open between 11am - 6pm.
https://www.themobileshop.ca/en/announc ... d19-update
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Aug 13, 2019
17 posts
Toronto
I really need advice real quick. which one is the better plan, the $25 plan, or the $35 one?
Apr 16, 2019
322 posts
265 upvotes
Hopefully Lucky or Virgin will come out with some competitive offers, as their sim cards are sold at Dollarama :)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1628 posts
1056 upvotes
Calgary
The only promo I'm waiting on is LTE.

And yes I'm a public mobile customer and yes 3G is ok...
but I want LTE.
Last edited by Suthek on May 5th, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3427 upvotes
scarbuyer02 wrote: I really need advice real quick. which one is the better plan, the $25 plan, or the $35 one?
I would go for either the $25 or $40 plan. Most people won't want the $35 plan. For $5 more, you can get 3GB more of data per 30 days.
Aug 13, 2019
17 posts
Toronto
computergeek541 wrote: I would go for either the $25 or $40 plan. Most people won't want the $35 plan. For $5 more, you can get 3GB more of data per 30 days.
thank you so much for the quick reply.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3427 upvotes
Suthek wrote: The only promo I'm waiting on is LTE.
Sorry, but then Public Mobile isn't for you. Public Mobile currently does not have any full-speed LTE plans except for the $30 1GB data-only plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3427 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: Hopefully Lucky or Virgin will come out with some competitive offers, as their sim cards are sold at Dollarama :)
Lucky Mobile is far more likely to compete with Public than Virgin. Virgin is a more expensive tier, and focuses mainly on postpaid plans.
Last edited by computergeek541 on May 5th, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.