Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Flash sale: free 3GB one-time data bonus for new phone activation on a plan $25/month or more

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2020 8:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1363 posts
1183 upvotes
Reminder: for new customers that are thinking about signing up for Public mobile. Need to register email address (not used with Public mobile previously) and then activate new SIM card before June 12.

Need to register by:
May 28 2020 at 11:59PM ET
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11556 posts
10531 upvotes
Judging the response of this thread, this is not a good promo when comparing the second month free prom in early May.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
embguy wrote: Judging the response of this thread, this is not a good promo when comparing the second month free prom in early May.
It's depends on what the new customer is looking for. It can work for some people, but these one-time data bonuses have never been really that well received in my opinion.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Good to bundle with the $20 referral bonus which ends on May 31st.
That doesn't help the new customer (unless the referring person is paying for both accounts). Also, that's only valid for customer who at the start of that promotion, had never referred anyone before.
Apr 28, 2014
22 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I signed up for this, I plan to port two lines from Koodo. I received an email today about the deal, which includes the following:

"Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale. In order to redeem the offer, activate your Public Mobile SIM card online on any plan $25/mo or higher by June 12, 2020 and get your next 30 days for $0*.
. Dont forget to enter the promo code: FREE3GB.

[small print] *Offer available to new customers who submitted their email address online between May 26 and 28. Customers must then activate online using the same email address they submitted on the Flash sale landing page by June 12 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is stackable with other promotions."

Am I right to assume that this deal also includes the second month for free?! Also, any idea what other promotions I might be able to stack with this? I'll use the referral bonus for one account.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
mojoliveshere wrote: I signed up for this, I plan to port two lines from Koodo. I received an email today about the deal, which includes the following:

"Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale. In order to redeem the offer, activate your Public Mobile SIM card online on any plan $25/mo or higher by June 12, 2020 and get your next 30 days for $0*.

[small print] *Offer available to new customers who submitted their email address online between May 26 and 28. Customers must then activate online using the same email address they submitted on the Flash sale landing page by June 12 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is stackable with other promotions."

Am I right to assume that this deal also includes the second month for free?! Also, any idea what other promotions I might be able to stack with this? I'll use the referral bonus for one account.
There is currently no 30 days of free service offer. For that, the service had to have been activated by May 22.

Also, I hope that you submitted two different e-mail addresss for this offer. Each account needs to be openeed using a different e-mail address.

If you're talking about the $20 credit for someone who has never referred someone before, you wouldn't be eligible as that only applies to people who were customers of Public Mobile as of May 14.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1363 posts
1183 upvotes
mojoliveshere wrote: I signed up for this, I plan to port two lines from Koodo. I received an email today about the deal, which includes the following:

Did your actual email state?
.....get your next 30 days for $0*.

Probably a typo or glitch from the previous flash promotion. This promotion is get 3GB data add on.

You should get friend referral for both accounts ideally also.
Apr 28, 2014
22 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Ya, it said that. This morning they sent a follow-up, clarifying that it was only the 3GB :\ Probably as you say; a carry-over from the last promo. Ohhh well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1363 posts
1183 upvotes
For those who signed up their email address, need to activate by June 12. There is a time limited promotion to buy a PM SIM card for $5 from PM website. If you order in next day or so, you likely will get the SIM card by June 12.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3015 posts
1142 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: For those who signed up their email address, need to activate by June 12. There is a time limited promotion to buy a PM SIM card for $5 from PM website. If you order in next day or so, you likely will get the SIM card by June 12.
I ordered a SIM card last week on Amazon as a Prime member and I'm still waiting. Unfortunately they used Canadpost and it's stuck in Brampton, On. It would usually take a day but this is ridiculous!!

I guess I'm going to miss out on the 3gb if I don't get the card tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2214 posts
3428 upvotes
Cech wrote: I ordered a SIM card last week on Amazon as a Prime member and I'm still waiting. Unfortunately they used Canadpost and it's stuck in Brampton, On. It would usually take a day but this is ridiculous!!

Did provide your e-mail address May 26-28 to Public Mobile for this promotion?

There are people who will provide the sim card number ahead of time for you to activate, but by doing that, your plan starts as soon as the activation is complete.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1363 posts
1183 upvotes
Cech wrote: I ordered a SIM card last week on Amazon as a Prime member and I'm still waiting. Unfortunately they used Canadpost and it's stuck in Brampton, On. It would usually take a day but this is ridiculous!!

Usually prime delivery is quick. A few options. If you live near a vendor like Walmart or Mobile shop (inside Superstore), you could buy a SIM card and use the other SIM card for future (ie. friend referral, etc). There is another Flash promo this week that is also attractive. It ends today for sign up. For $35 + plan, get $10 credit for 6 months. You can sign up the email address and then activate later on. You might want to try another email address for sign up this separate flash promo (to be on safe side).

public-mobile-public-moble-flash-sale-1 ... s-2381541/
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3015 posts
1142 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: Did provide your e-mail address May 26-28 to Public Mobile for this promotion?

There are people who will provide the sim card number ahead of time for you to activate, but by doing that, your plan starts as soon as the activation is complete.
Yes I did.

I don't understand, I would use someone else's SIM and then I would switch it to mine when I get it?