Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

FREE 2GB Data & 500 LD Mins

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2024 11:02 am
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1652 posts
2168 upvotes

FREE 2GB Data & 500 LD Mins

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2022
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile is giving away FREE data and international long distance add-ons this holiday season.

- 2GB Data add-on (expires when fully consumed)
- 500 mins International Long Distance add-on
- BONUS 1GB data for those on the new Points Reward program

Existing customers will get a Text message on their PM lines between Dec 1st - Dec 15th. Reply with "YES2" to add both add-ons directly to your account.

New customers need to activate before Dec 31st. Both add-ons will be automatically added to their accounts within a week.

International LD calling covers Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

MOD EDIT: DO NOT REQUEST OR DISCUSS REFERRALS
Last edited by chhotadon on Dec 1st, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
ToS
(1) One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers between December 1st 2022 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2022 11:59PM ET. New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account. Public Points members can redeem an extra one-time 1GB of data free from their My Rewards account. Customers must be opted in to Public Points to redeem the offer. Free $0 add-ons are one-time only and will fall off account when fully used. Each free add-on will only be added to each customer account once. International Long Distance calling add-on covers calls between Canada and the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.
461 replies
Nov 23, 2021
387 posts
1021 upvotes
Always nice to see them still doing this. Won't have as much use for it this year after moving to the $35/20gb plan. Interesting to see them trying to incentivize moving to public points with an extra gigabyte. Still not worth it, old rewards program is way better.
Jul 29, 2019
469 posts
551 upvotes
Insert "Here we go again 🤦" meme
I spend time on RFD,
more than I'd like to admit.
But I console myself stating,
I'd need another job if I wouldn't
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4019 posts
6381 upvotes
For anyone not on the points but are on the old rewards system, I highly recommend that customers do not switch to the new ponts just to get the extra free 1GB. The points system is much worse than the old rewards system.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Jun 22, 2019
354 posts
322 upvotes
Is the new points system worth switching?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
PM is losing its attraction compared to freedom this year, I know freedom's coverage is not even close to PM.

But with freedom this year BF deals, I got annual plan for $129 unlimited nationwide call and text + monthly 10GB freedom data bouns free for indefinitely
Last edited by FatSheep on Dec 1st, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1005 posts
744 upvotes
Ontario
Uen124 wrote: Is the new points system worth switching?
Read the post above yours. Thanks OP for the heads up, I still have 6gb free data from prior years sitting in my account unused lol.
Jun 23, 2019
179 posts
170 upvotes
qwedss wrote: Always nice to see them still doing this. Won't have as much use for it this year after moving to the $35/20gb plan. Interesting to see them trying to incentivize moving to public points with an extra gigabyte. Still not worth it, old rewards program is way better.
The only reason I hang around public mobile is old points program. Down to $10 for my 250 meg plan. Who calls on phone anymore? I get most calls on messenger. Some texts. 2 factor authentication. I'm ready to go voip any time. 80 cents a month @ voip.ms is a good price
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1652 posts
2168 upvotes
FatSheep wrote: PM is losing its attraction compared to freedom this year, I know freedom's coverage is not even close to PM.

But with freedom this year BF deals, I got annual plan for $129 unlimited nationwide call and text + monthly 10GB freedom data bouns free for indefinitely
Freedom is not their competitor. They compete well with Lucky and Chatr. They blew them both this year though with some great deals on 4G plans.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
chhotadon wrote: Freedom is not their competitor. They compete well with Lucky and Chatr. They blew them both this year though with some great deals on 4G plans.
I understand PM is Telus 3rd tier brand, just like Lucky and Chatr. They are all prepaid service, simple pricing structures.
But this year Freedom gives existing cutomers insane free perks to keep them, I guess like a flavour of reward system.

e.g. with retention plans at $30 for 30GB, compatiable with tab subsidy on new phone; $99 annual unlimited call text plan with 50GB-120GB big bucket data. This was never heard of for freedom.
Dec 28, 2017
316 posts
384 upvotes
AB
ThanhT51290 wrote: Wonder if it works with $15/mo plan
It should, got the holiday freebie last year on the $15 plan
Apr 19, 2013
254 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Got this promo when I signed up last Dec. Nice of them to offer again this year as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2022
1513 posts
2654 upvotes
Vancouver
computergeek541 wrote: For anyone not on the points but are on the old rewards system, I highly recommend that customers do not switch to the new ponts just to get the extra free 1GB. The points system is much worse than the old rewards system.
So if we say yes to the free 1gb. That means we loose are old rewards?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1652 posts
2168 upvotes
rgbGamingChair wrote: So if we say yes to the free 1gb. That means we loose are old rewards?
You won't receive a txt msg for the 1GB. Customers on the points program need to redeem the bonus 1GB add-on from My Rewards account.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3966 posts
3747 upvotes
GVRD
I am migrating from PM to Freedom. My account still has the free GB from last years
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2022
1513 posts
2654 upvotes
Vancouver
chhotadon wrote: You won't receive a txt msg for the 1GB. Customers on the points program need to redeem the bonus 1GB add-on from My Rewards account.
So for customers on the old system. They will loose their legacy rewards and go to the new system in exchange for 1gb of data?
Mar 7, 2011
743 posts
411 upvotes
Vernon
im new to pm and just checked my rewards.

it looks like im on the new point system, I don't remember applying when i signed up.

no way to get the old redemption system?
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)