Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Get a PM SIM for $0 when you activate a $25 or higher value plan in-store. New activation only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 2:42 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12386 posts
11211 upvotes

[Public Mobile] Get a PM SIM for $0 when you activate a $25 or higher value plan in-store. New activation only

Deal Link:
Price:
free
Expiry:
November 1, 2019
Effective October 25, 2019 until November 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at participating retailers! This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

$0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher in-store at a participating retailer from October 25 to November 1, 2019, you will get a SIM for $0!
Participating retailers include:
Walmart
The Mobile Shop
WOW! mobile boutique
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1443 posts
4146 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Even better deal: Don't get a PM SIM card for only $0 when you don't activate a $25/mo plan or higher. Valid from October 25th until forever.
Mar 7, 2011
159 posts
170 upvotes
Edmonton
If you activate at Walmart it's always free
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1665 posts
1626 upvotes
YMMV on Walmart free SIM cards. Depends on location and rep. Not always free....

Luke warm deal, but if you need to activate in the next week, it is nice to save the extra $10.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Jul 22, 2007
145 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I started Public Mobile last month. Electronic department opens at 10am even if the store opens 24hr/day.

Free SIM, $25/month first month paid right there in the store. They credited $10 to my account the 2nd day thanks to a Referral. Furthermore, $20 credit to my account on the 2nd month (this was a week's promo).

No contract thus I could change my plan to something else ($15, $25, $35) anytime I want (effective in the coming months).
Apr 28, 2019
157 posts
147 upvotes
sintox wrote: I started Public Mobile last month. Furthermore, $20 credit to my account on the 2nd month (this was a week's promo).
What promo was this if I may ask?
Public Mobile | Tangerine | HP Instant Ink
Jul 22, 2007
145 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It was a week promo a month ago, long gone.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3257 posts
5483 upvotes
gmih7470 wrote: If you activate at Walmart it's always free
Only Lucky sims are always free.
PM aims are free whenever there’s promos like this one
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4357 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: YMMV on Walmart free SIM cards. Depends on location and rep. Not always free....

Luke warm deal, but if you need to activate in the next week, it is nice to save the extra $10.
The difference here is that it's advertised. When it's not, there's nothing to hold them to. This is an officially published Public Mobile promotion and specifically mentions Walmart, so they'll have a much harder time saying no. Also, since the promotion is to activate there, odds of resistance are likely lower.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Oct 25th, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10793 posts
5078 upvotes
I have a few PM lines and its great just as good as telus service out in manitoba and we get more data for less $$ cant complain.
Now they just need some better promos to get customers and id bring a couple more lines over lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: I have a few PM lines and its great just as good as telus service out in manitoba and we get more data for less $$ cant complain.
Now they just need some better promos to get customers and id bring a couple more lines over lol
When I tried to recommend Public Mobile, most people would say: "ewww, 3G speed".
Public Mobile should really advertised them as "LTE lite", and clarify that it's actually 4G LTE throttled to 3MBPS.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4357 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote: When I tried to recommend Public Mobile, most people would say: "ewww, 3G speed".
Public Mobile should really advertised them as "LTE lite", and clarify that it's actually 4G LTE throttled to 3MBPS.
On these plans (except $30 1GB LTE data-only plan), it's LTE throttled to 3Mbps or full speed HSPA+ that's provided.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1447 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
is pm better than freedom in vancouver? i occasionally lose signal with freedom in my home for hours on bad weather. it's started to piss me off because i miss a lot of calls and text
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1665 posts
1626 upvotes
SquirreI wrote: is pm better than freedom in vancouver? i occasionally lose signal with freedom in my home for hours on bad weather. it's started to piss me off because i miss a lot of calls and text
It should be better in Vancouver. PM uses Telus/Bell towers so generally better coverage across Canada. If you have friends who use Telus or Bell, ask them about their signal/reception. PM would offer the same reception/coverage as Telus/Bell.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4357 upvotes
SquirreI wrote: is pm better than freedom in vancouver? i occasionally lose signal with freedom in my home for hours on bad weather. it's started to piss me off because i miss a lot of calls and text
This is always going tp depend on where you are, but the Telus network, on a whole, is much better than Freedom. In places where Freedom does work well, you'll probably get faster data speeds, but that's because of a speed limitation on most of Public Mobile's current plans, and not a result of a weakness in the network.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2706 posts
4357 upvotes
Final 2 days for this sim card offer