Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

HOT! Free 1GB Data Offer (Targetted)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 8:25 pm
Jun 13, 2008
665 posts
760 upvotes

HOT! Free 1GB Data Offer (Targetted)

Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Public Mobile
I apologize if this has been posted, my search did not return any posts.

Got the following text today:

Hey, it's Public Mobile.

As a thank you for being part of Public & to celebrate our new look, we're gifting you 1GB of data. No strings attached.

This one-time addon will be added to your account in the next week. You'll get a confirmation SMS when it's applied. Learn more: http://tl.jumptxt.com/t1p0AhUw8

Reply "unsubscribe" to be excluded from Public Mobile offers.

Check your text messages.

My account info:
- Been a Public Mobile customer in Ontario for 4 months on $25 Unlimited Talk and Text with 1GB Data Monthly

I have two accounts with the same plan. Both got the offer.
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
33 replies
Jun 4, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Wife and I got the same, she’s on the 15 and I’m on the 25 plan... seems everyone is getting a gig
Oct 29, 2013
325 posts
167 upvotes
Markham, ON
I got this message too! Feeling good about my 5.5GB now :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not much to write about. If you qualify for this "deal", you receive a text and the free gig.

Nothing to do or search or apply.
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
I got the text too. Pretty nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2462 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Got it! I signed up recently for the $25 talk text with 1gb data if auto pay. They added another gig
I love deals
Feb 12, 2017
74 posts
17 upvotes
I got it to but it's not really a hot deal..Everyone that had an active account before August 19th 2019 gets the one gig.

What’s up for grabs:

$0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
Does not expire until fully consumed
The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed.

Eligibility criteria:

Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
Last edited by BeachesNBrews on Aug 23rd, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
I got the text a bit over a hour ago too! They announced it in the community and that it seems they will apply the bonus 1 GB of data sometime next week.
Sep 4, 2009
109 posts
45 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Are we expecting this to mean we all get an extra gig every month going forward? Or just that we will get an extra gig to enjoy for one month?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
discogen wrote: Are we expecting this to mean we all get an extra gig every month going forward? Or just that we will get an extra gig to enjoy for one month?
1GB of data, just once, and ends when it's all used up regardless of when. Now or 3 months from now if you rarely use data
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
Got the text. I just downgraded to $15 plan. Nice to have some extra data added.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
I got the text too! ... I'm still on that ancient popular 90 day 12GB plan for $120

The question is... when I use data, I'm assuming the paid data plan gets consumed first?
(since the 1GB free buffer never expires)
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Dec 5, 2009
48 posts
27 upvotes
ON
Still waiting for my text message.

This bonus data gets used up after your monthly plan's data get used up.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
Hey, thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my kids phones and it’s there. Perfect for my son, he is on the 500 + 500 plan and never goes over, but nice to know this free net is there.

Thanks OP for taking the time!

BTW... is it just me or does Public Mobile ROCK!
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote:
I just checked my kids phones and it’s there. Perfect for my son, he is on the 500 + 500 plan and never goes over, but nice to know this free net is there.
I told my kid to check his phone for the text and he was happy as **** getting more data on that same plan too!
scension wrote: I got this message too! Feeling good about my 5.5GB now :)
Daddy is happy...getting 5.5 GB too! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Just need a better phone now...
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
My family have two accounts with PM, one $10 and the other $25, both received the text this morning.
Aug 17, 2006
572 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
What is the point of this thread?! Everyone who qualifies got the text. It's just one gig one time. Do we need a long discussion?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2717 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
Nice offer. However, I really don't even use the 1GB I get now. Seriously, I got this phone to avoid the "smart phone" trap. LOL

Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Got it as well... too bad not monthly!
hated on but respected.