Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Limited Time 4GB / $40 Plan Promo

May 21, 2012
318 posts
127 upvotes
Markham
NixxonExxo wrote: You may have entered the wrong SIM numbers. Double and triple check it through self serve.
JLY311 wrote: anyone here ported from bell?
My brother and I share a bell account with our own lines on the account. We ported @ the same time expect he is up and running fine while I get "emergency only calls, "[Insert SIM card] Insert SIM card to access network services.", and in my SIM card status it shows everything not available. " my phone is unlocked and did not have any issues signing up or porting my #

I posted on the PM forums too. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile ... td-p/79688
got in touch with PM. info is all correct. I just got a bad sim :(
Jul 5, 2010
613 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
where do you get the sim card for this provider? Any stores in Toronto?
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10208 posts
11271 upvotes
chicu1981 wrote: where do you get the sim card for this provider? Any stores in Toronto?
PM has no stores, or phone numbers, online only.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
I have a samsung A5 from asia, I only get the 4g icon. Anyone knows how to get LTE? I can't get above 10mbps down and 7mbps up while in asia i would get 30mbps easily on 4g.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Simcard don't take 2 days to ship out now? They must have 1000s of new customers... There speeds gonna slow down congestion I think. I'll prolly get my sim nex week... #backlog
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1494 posts
18 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote: Does iMessage using phone number work? I get "activating"... thanks!
Yes, go into messages and turn it off and on again.
Oct 27, 2016
71 posts
32 upvotes
Ok so I haven't seen this question asked yet:

I want to port both phones from Rogers to Public. I want to know how to avoid paying for both 3 month plans at the same time. I want to pay for mine one month, and her's another month, so I can avoid a $240 ish hit every three months. Spread out the cost. How would I do that?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1342 posts
1725 upvotes
GTA
rkt1337 wrote: I have a samsung A5 from asia, I only get the 4g icon. Anyone knows how to get LTE? I can't get above 10mbps down and 7mbps up while in asia i would get 30mbps easily on 4g.
Altough Im getting 4G icon only, i got about 30mbps DL and 22mbps UL, very impressive speed.
Rogers 20GB/$60 5G plan + Iphone 13;
Lucky Mobile 3GB/$20 4G plan;
Koodo 50GB/$45 4G plan + Free International call perk + Iphone 11;
Fido 4GB/$0 LTE data/Month plan
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Just checked my email.5pm... Saying order is on the way but no tracking number... Is there tracking number?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
Wow, this thread moves at the speed of light. I asked a few questions about referrals in the afternoon and now the discussion is like 10 pages old. I just have one last question. Each account carries one plan and so I should be able self refer on the second plan/account. Does anyone know if Public screens to see if people of with same name and address are referring each other? Do I need to put a different name on each account just in case.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1494 posts
18 upvotes
will888 wrote: Wow, this thread moves at the speed of light. I asked a few questions about referrals in the afternoon and now the discussion is like 10 pages old. I just have one last question. Each account carries one plan and so I should be able self refer on the second plan/account. Does anyone know if Public screens to see if people of with same name and address are referring each other? Do I need to put a different name on each account just in case.
They don't care
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
jm20 wrote:
will888 wrote: Wow, this thread moves at the speed of light. I asked a few questions about referrals in the afternoon and now the discussion is like 10 pages old. I just have one last question. Each account carries one plan and so I should be able self refer on the second plan/account. Does anyone know if Public screens to see if people of with same name and address are referring each other? Do I need to put a different name on each account just in case.
They don't care
Are you sure or just thinking off the top of your head.
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
Still waiting on my SIM card in Vancouver. Any updates from users in Vancouver who switched from Rogers/Fido to Public Mobile regarding differences in Network Quality?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
will888 wrote:
jm20 wrote:
They don't care
Why would they care? I don't see any reason for them to stop it. Doesn't sound like you're taking advantage of their system... You're paying them more for a dollar off each month.

You just put in a phone number and their system automatically does everything else.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
datako wrote:
will888 wrote:
jm20 wrote:

They don't care
Why would they care? I don't see any reason for them to stop it. Doesn't sound like you're taking advantage of their system... You're paying them more for a dollar off each month.

You just put in a phone number and their system automatically does everything else.
I am not trying to reason whether this make sense or not. There are a lot of things that carriers do that leave us wonder why. I am looking for confirmation. In the mean time, I found this on their community forum where it was recommended to someone in my situation to use a different name. Like many threads on the Public forum, there is no follow through where someone truly answers the question.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile ... td-p/26187
Last edited by will888 on Oct 28th, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 12, 2012
85 posts
75 upvotes
STIRLING
rkt1337 wrote: I have a samsung A5 from asia, I only get the 4g icon. Anyone knows how to get LTE? I can't get above 10mbps down and 7mbps up while in asia i would get 30mbps easily on 4g.
Funny thing is when I am looking at the PM page it says this:

"Want 4G data, talk and text for only $40/month? This 90 day plan is available only until November 20, 2016. "

Edit. Duhhh. "We’ve got you covered on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network." haha
Last edited by deanok1 on Oct 28th, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
deanok1 wrote:
Funny thing is when I am looking at the PM page it says this:

"Want 4G data, talk and text for only $40/month? This 90 day plan is available only until November 20, 2016. "

Maybe this plan is cheaper because it doesn't include LTE.
Where do you come up with this idea. This thread would not be so active if it came with 4 gigs of crippled data.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I used to be on Public Mobile. You get full non-butchered LTE. LTE speeds are dependent upon local cell traffic. But Telus doesn't shape PM's traffic in anyway. Unlike rogers with Chatr and Mobi
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2505 upvotes
BC
Looks like there are several variants of the A5 - unless you have the A500M you're not going to be able to get LTE on Public Mobile.
Oct 27, 2016
71 posts
32 upvotes
If I purchase 2 plans, how do I spread out the payments to avoid paying $250ish every 3rd month? I want to pay one plan one month, the other the next.
Last edited by Minhoto15 on Oct 28th, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)