Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1304 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa, On
zacass wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 5:28 pm
What a load of horse shit,

They promised on the forums that the price would not increase, and I have missed several other plans that are now better because of this. Their forums are already being flooded, I highly encourage everyone else to do the same, also submitting complains to the CCTS.
If you read what they wrote on the forums they said that the price would not increase after the initial 90 days. They never said anything the price staying the same forever. Also, a forum post isn't a legally binding contract. All their official statements say they have a right to increase the prices whenever they want. In other words what they're doing is shitty business practices but there's nothing the CCTS will be able to do about it.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10777 posts
5014 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Someone on PM forums said Koodo deal isn’t true unlimited Canada, rather restricted hours, and must pay for Koodo SIM? And their roaming costs on this plan?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1304 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa, On
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 5:51 pm
Someone on PM forums said Koodo deal isn’t true unlimited Canada, rather restricted hours, and must pay for Koodo SIM? And their roaming costs on this plan?
The restricted hours thing isn't true. That's for a different $30 plan but they put all their fine print in a single page and number which ones go with which.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10777 posts
5014 upvotes
Southern Ontario
da_guy2 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 6:52 pm
The restricted hours thing isn't true. That's for a different $30 plan but they put all their fine print in a single page and number which ones go with which.
Bolded?
Here is the fine print from Koodo when I try to use their promo code.
Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.
Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.
Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.
Rate plan available for Manitoba and Saskatchewan residents with Manitoba & Saskatchewan area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
Calls must be made and completed within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account.
The requirements to get the $100 credit:
Subject to credit approval.
While supplies last.
Must upgrade on a Tab to redeem this offer.
Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-m ... t-2171469/
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10777 posts
5014 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Navington wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:38 pm
Those terms apply to a lower plan without unlimited minutes.
Is that an error then in that huge thread? I really hope it is unlimited minutes 24/7, my wife is using her phone for business, lots of daytime calling.
Mar 8, 2009
43 posts
19 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:44 pm
Is that an error then in that huge thread? I really hope it is unlimited minutes 24/7, my wife is using her phone for business, lots of daytime calling.
Yes, it applies to the $30.00 plan which only includes 500 min. All plans include unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm); however, higher priced plans replace it with unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes.
Mar 8, 2009
43 posts
19 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 8:44 pm
Hopefully this helps.
Images
  • koodoo.jpg
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
10777 posts
5014 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Thanks! Off chance do you know what kind of roaming prices apply to that $40 plan? Going to the US for 10d right before the Mar 20 deadline.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5649 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary
Just filed complaints, doubt anything will come out of them but we need to start standing up for wireless consumer rights in canada, this is just getting ridiculous...

currently paying $30 for this PM plan after my credits, also will get screwed over by about a month that i have already prepaid service. would also loose my LD addon and 2 data addons.

downsides of this new kodoo plan seem to be not completely canada wide calling? (or at least poorly worded), $15 sim, no rollover data, worse int'l roaming, very real possibility the bill will raise within 1 year!
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1304 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa, On
blkm3 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 8:27 pm
no increase!!!!!..
... For now...
Nov 17, 2005
339 posts
29 upvotes
da_guy2 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 9:28 pm
... For now...
Probably re group and think of a more effective way to get what they want rather than just rob us straight up.
Dec 5, 2006
167 posts
32 upvotes
North York
Thanks to everyone who sent in a complaint. Hopefully we can enjoy our plans for a little longer. Altho I think we can expect them to try to increase our plan again sometime in the near future.