Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Public Mobile Lunar New Year Promotion, $5x8 off $15/25 plans, $10x8 off ≥ $35 plans

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2020 9:12 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Duder71 wrote: After one activates an account when do the $5 discounts begin? in month #2 and onward?

thanks.
You'll receive the first $5 credit within 30 days.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
It is after 4pm eastern time and still no announcement of an end date. So, this promo should be good through tomorrow for sure.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Nov 18, 2012
428 posts
476 upvotes
Oshawa
computergeek541 wrote: You'll receive the first $5 credit within 30 days.
Thanks for the info, I referred a work friend who signed up today and she was wondering when the credits start.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
Here are the terms and conditions of this deal:

Here’s what else you should know:

This offer is available for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET
Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: Here are the terms and conditions of this deal:

Here’s what else you should know:

This offer is available for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET
Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
But the thing is, it’s a “limited time offer”, meaning they can expire it whenever they want.

At least the referral bonus of $10 doesn’t expire and it’s probably very easy to get Walmart to give you a free SIM with activation so they all stack together! :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: But the thing is, it’s a “limited time offer”, meaning they can expire it whenever they want.

At least the referral bonus of $10 doesn’t expire and it’s probably very easy to get Walmart to give you a free SIM with activation so they all stack together! :)
The free SIM card code for Walmart was mentioned earlier. So, with that in hand it would be much less YMMV for a customer to ask for the free SIM card.
Nov 24, 2006
821 posts
209 upvotes
I'm getting the error "Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later." when I go to PM's Self Serve page. Is that normal maintenance or a sign they're changing something?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
kuri wrote: I'm getting the error "Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later." when I go to PM's Self Serve page. Is that normal maintenance or a sign they're changing something?
Sometime, PM will shutdown their system for maintenance. This one is unscheduled. Sometime they will announce on their community forum.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Nov 24, 2006
821 posts
209 upvotes
embguy wrote: Sometime, PM will shutdown their system for maintenance. This one is unscheduled. Sometime they will announce on their community forum.
Thanks. I guess it was an unscheduled one. It's now back online so that was relatively quick.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
kuri wrote: Thanks. I guess it was an unscheduled one. It's now back online so that was relatively quick.
It's all quite possible that if parts of the site crash, the maintenance message goes up. By the way, the self serve and activation sites are working again.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
Duder71 wrote: After one activates an account when do the $5 discounts begin? in month #2 and onward?
thanks.
I just signed up and received my $2 autopay credit almost immediately, followed by the $10 referral credit the second day of service. The $5 or $10 monthly discount should be credited before the end of your current billing cycle.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
retrothing wrote: I just signed up and received my $2 autopay credit almost immediately, followed by the $10 referral credit the second day of service. The $5 or $10 monthly discount should be credited before the end of your current billing cycle.
You should also get another $2 autopay credit on the day of the next renewal/payment date. Total of $4 autopay credit at next renewal date.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
No end date reported in the Public Mobile announcement thread. So it does look like they will match Lucky Mobile and run the promo to month end.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: No end date reported in the Public Mobile announcement thread. So it does look like they will match Lucky Mobile and run the promo to month end.
They sure do like to copy the competition, don't they? Public used to be more original when it came to promotions.
Neo Financial customer
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
Do PM plans get much better than this with $10 off? I am considering switching from Telus (2 lines / $143 per month) to PM for roughly $62 per month with this discount ($40 plan x2), but it would require a $325 device buyout. Cheaper in the long run but I could hold out if a better deal might come up.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote: Do PM plans get much better than this with $10 off? I am considering switching from Telus (2 lines / $143 per month) to PM for roughly $62 per month with this discount ($40 plan x2), but it would require a $325 device buyout. Cheaper in the long run but I could hold out if a better deal might come up.
I am with PM for 1.5 years. This is one of the good promo for activation. PM used to have promo the new activation and the existing customer. The earlier you joint PM, the earlier to get the loyalty reward after your anniversary date. Another 6 months, I will get extra $1 loyalty reward to lower my monthly fee - max $5 offer after 5 years.

From Telus $143/m to PM $62/m, you will break even after 4 months with $81 saving per month.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32147 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
embguy wrote: From Telus $143/m...
Damn thats pricey
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote: Do PM plans get much better than this with $10 off? I am considering switching from Telus (2 lines / $143 per month) to PM for roughly $62 per month with this discount ($40 plan x2), but it would require a $325 device buyout. Cheaper in the long run but I could hold out if a better deal might come up.
It is one of the better activation promotions for the last year or so. Total savings of $80 (+ regular friend referral of $10). The most common promotion is the 2nd month free credit (equivalent to $40). So, about extra $40 savings compared to the more common PM promotions.

However, who knows what the future will hold promotion wise. You will have to do the calculations on whether it is worth it for your situation.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Damn thats pricey
@atheoncrutch has two lines for $143/m. It is normal with Big 3 providers when the phone financing is mixed in the monthly payment.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)