Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4133 posts
9610 upvotes
Quebec

Public Mobile my incoming calls goes directly on my voicemail

Hello to the community
I need your help
Yesterday I made the transition from "Petro Canada mobility" to "Public Mobile". I made a phone number transfer.
Except now I'm having a problem. I am able to call, send and receive textos, except that my incoming calls go directly to my voice mailbox.
How can i fix this situation

Thank you
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
8 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25353 posts
4467 upvotes
Go to the public mobile site and ask there. They have people that can look into your account and ensure it's configured properly.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12214 posts
11094 upvotes
What info did you provided to port your number to PM?
1. You need to use your phone number as the account number.
2. IMEI # of you current phone
3. Name on you account
4. Phone number to be ported

Create a moderator support ticket at PM community forum to supply missing info.
Last edited by embguy on Dec 23rd, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4133 posts
9610 upvotes
Quebec
embguy wrote: What info did you provided to port your number to PM?
Petro Canada Mobility doesn't show the account number. So I only sent my phone number, and it seems to be enough information to make the transfert to Public Mobile
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12214 posts
11094 upvotes
isrdum wrote: Petro Canada Mobility doesn't show the account number. So I only sent my phone number, and it seems to be enough information to make the transfert to Public Mobile
You need to provide IMEI number of your current phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4133 posts
9610 upvotes
Quebec
embguy wrote: You need to provide IMEI number of your current phone.
Thx embguy

But, how do I send this information to Public mobile?

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4133 posts
9610 upvotes
Quebec
Just got my anwser

Re: Public Mobile my incoming calls goes directly on my voicemail box
Your port is incomplete. You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2214 posts
1347 upvotes
North Vancouver
Had this same issue with my wife's phone when she moved over from Speakout. A PM moderator helped out and she was up again within a few hours.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)