Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1725 posts
1736 upvotes

New Activations. Bonus Data promo codes for plans greater than $35 per month

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Get 1GB of monthly bonus data for free when you activate on plans $35/mo+ with promo code PMBONUS1GB.

For a limited time, get 2GB of data for $0* when you join Public Mobile. Use promo code BONUS2GB when you activate on the $35, $40, $45 or $50 plans.

Terms and conditions for 2GB data add on.
Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB one-time data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $35, $40, $45 and $50 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.
No terms for the 1GB data promo code.

The promo codes are likely not stackable.
The 1 GB data promo code is monthly bonus data. Unused portion does expire if not used up.
The 2 GB data promo is a one time add on. Unused portion rolls over next month.

The 1GB data promo code is a better deal, since it is reoccurring each month.
The $35 plan with autopay would be 4gb instead of 3gb,
$40 plan 6gb instead of 5gb,
$45 plan 7.5gb instead of 6.5gb
$50 plan 11.5gb instead of 10.5gb.

Expiry date is unknown at the present time.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
8 replies
Aug 15, 2016
84 posts
115 upvotes
Public Mobile is 3G speeds only, correct?

I just got Virgin Mobile, 10GB for $50 - it was an offer on their website. Seems like that's a better deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1725 posts
1736 upvotes
matus201 wrote: Public Mobile is 3G speeds only, correct?

I just got Virgin Mobile, 10GB for $50 - it was an offer on their website. Seems like that's a better deal.
That is correct. It is actually LTE connection capped at 3G speeds.

With the rewards system, that will lower your bills monthly. That is one of the biggest advantages of public mobile. The lower cost plans offer a better deal for light users of mobile phones.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-h ... of-rewards
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7188 posts
7845 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, all their current plans are at "3G" speeds

Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see here .
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7642 posts
5145 upvotes
Canada
They need to stop with the 3g speed bs.
Aug 15, 2016
84 posts
115 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Yes, all their current plans are at "3G" speeds

Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see here .
That's ridiculously slow. I just tested my Virgin Mobile speed (so Bell network), and I got 320Mbps down and 30Mbps up. 10GB for $50 a month, seems like the way to go.

I had public mobile when it started, but back then they weren't doing this 3G speed BS.
Mar 7, 2011
62 posts
66 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: They need to stop with the 3g speed bs.
Why when it clearly works for their users.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2739 posts
2337 upvotes
Prince George
matus201 wrote: That's ridiculously slow. I just tested my Virgin Mobile speed (so Bell network), and I got 320Mbps down and 30Mbps up. 10GB for $50 a month, seems like the way to go.

I had public mobile when it started, but back then they weren't doing this 3G speed BS.
If you are downloading at 40 MB/s you would blow through your 10 GB monthly cap in under 5 minutes. High speed isn't necessary on mobile, IMHO. Do you really need to stream multiple 4K video streams to your phone? For the odd big OS upgrade or whatever, does it really matter if you save a few minutes once in a blue moon when you actually need to do a big download with no high speed wifi available?

The low LTE latency is far more noticeable in daily use. That's why PM works fine for most people.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3231 posts
330 upvotes

This must be based on location, I'm in NL and see 5GB for $50 and 10GB for $60.