Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Locked: Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 4:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Is the $15 plan a temporary sale? Is it more likely to stop than the $25 one?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
pmcd wrote: Is the $15 plan a temporary sale? Is it more likely to stop than the $25 one?
It's an ongoing plan with no set expiry for people to sign up. That can change at any time, or it might stay the same for a long time. There is no way for us to know.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Feb 19, 2016
132 posts
342 upvotes
GVR
A Facebook referral is sending me a free SIM card so I'll have PM service when I'm back on the 19th in Canada.
We decided to activate now online so we can get our $25 credits.
He sent me a photo of the SIM and I registered it with my address, login, chose a phone # and referral phone #.
This is what happened:

1. Activation site timed out after over an hour.
2. Tried again, but could not re-activate as SIM was being used by another session it said.
3. Number I chose was no longer available on 2nd activation attempt.
4. Login attempt to my account failed several times.
5. SIM showed emergency calls only in the phone of my referral before he mails it to me tomorrow.
6. PM attempted to charge my credit card, but failed.
7. The site is down for maintenance now.

I have emailed the moderators to sort out this horrific mess.

This has been my week trying to get phone service when I return to Canada on the 19th:

Ordered free Koodo SIM online, but rejected by Equifax and Transunion because of this:

https://business.financialpost.com/news ... xplanation

Called Equifax and they removed the 6 year old lost ID flag. ( I never lost my ID, it was just flagged because of lost laptop)

Ordered 2nd free Koodo SIM online, but rejected by Transunion this time.

Called Transunion who said it would be removed by April 16th, which is too late for me. I need phone service next week.

Tried to activate the PM SIM with the serial # and it didn't work and made a mess.

My credit score is 814!

All of this just to get cell phone service!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
hvwozq wrote: They already shut down the website for maintenance. :facepalm: Incompetency never ends at this company.
Come on. Give them a break
hated on but respected.
Feb 19, 2016
132 posts
342 upvotes
GVR
Seems it's currently impossible to join Public Mobile! I signed up again online a few hours later with same SIM but chose different phone number after my first one is no longer available. Once again page says "please wait while your activation is being processed" and then it stays that way for a while until it times out. Ridiculous.

I'm sure the poor moderators will be flooded with messages like the one I sent about not being able to join.

The only Vancouver area numbers it has are area code 236.
If you choose the suburb of New Westminster it has some 778 ones.
No 604's available from any lower mainland towns I could find.

That's a benefit of Koodo, they have numbers from all are codes available.
Last edited by stereoasis on Mar 16th, 2019 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 1, 2007
531 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: They already shut down the website for maintenance. :facepalm: Incompetency never ends at this company.
Do not underestimate their traffic. Rogers website also crashed a few years ago when they brought their 10GB (?) offer
Apr 1, 2007
531 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
stereoasis wrote: Seems its currently impossible to join Public Mobile. I signed up again online a few hours later with same SIM but chose different phone number after my first one is no longer available. Once again page says "please wait while your activation is being processed" and then it stays that way for a very long time until it times out. Ridiculous!
The only Vancouver area numbers it has are area code 236. If you choose new Westminster it has some 778 ones. But no 604's available from any lower mainland towns I could find.
PM should postpone the expiration of referral offer so not everyone rush to activate at the same time. Tht is if they want more customers at this rate.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
tor98 wrote: PM should postpone the expiration of referral offer so not everyone rush to activate at the same time. Tht is if they want more customers at this rate.
If they did that, the same things (websites delays etc.) would just happen all over again near the new deadline.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
tor98 wrote: PM should postpone the expiration of referral offer so not everyone rush to activate at the same time. Tht is if they want more customers at this rate.
Go to their community forum and suggest this. If enough people ask about it, it will at least get them to think about it.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
stereoasis wrote: .

The only Vancouver area numbers it has are area code 236.
If you choose the suburb of New Westminster it has some 778 ones.
No 604's available from any lower mainland towns I could find.

That's a benefit of Koodo, they have numbers from all are codes available.
Although it would cost slightly more, customers always have the option to sign up to another carrier and then transfer that phone number to Public Mobile.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1686 posts
999 upvotes
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote: Try clearing browser cache first, check your credit card co see if there is any pending charge from PM. If not, start from the beginning again for activation a SIM. When entering the address of the credit card information, use the exact address as printed out on the monthly statement. This is what I did and finally got the activation.
Thanks,
So today morning I clean cache and re-do the process it works. Noticed that website it snappy this time. Will port # in few days.
Apr 1, 2007
531 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: Go to their community forum and suggest this. If enough people ask about it, it will at least get them to think about it.
Will do, and everyone else who has problem activating should do.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
comp_freak wrote: Thanks,
So today morning I clean cache and re-do the process it works. Noticed that website it snappy this time. Will port # in few days.
Clearing the browser cache doesn't hurt, but it's possible that all that was necessary was to try again later. Sometimes, issues aren't always with the customer's computer system, but rather with the Public Mobile website.
Neo Financial customer
Nov 20, 2008
460 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Decided to make the switch from Koodo prepaid. I actually tried to switch to PM a year or so ago but stuck in the activation process, emailed the mods and never received a response. This time it went smoothly. Did it at midnight since I'm a night owl. My phone is showing 4G, speedtest is 60 down/15 up.

According to the info on PM website, since I'm a Koodo prepaid customer, I have to email the mods to get my number ported over and this concerns me because of my last experience. Is there a time limit to get my number ported over?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I guess it's a good thing I switch my dad to this plan on Friday.

With his loyalty, auto-pay and referral discounts he's paying $10/mo for unlimited canada-wide calling, global texting and 1gb data.
Feb 23, 2017
11 posts
6 upvotes
Just signed up the $15 plan few minutes ago. The transaction is smooth. Logged into the account, and everything looks fine. Going to try the sim now.
Apr 1, 2007
531 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Are PM lines transferable? I mean can someone activate a SIM and sell it online?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
tor98 wrote: Are PM lines transferable? I mean can someone activate a SIM and sell it online?
My understanding is no. I’ve looked into it in the past.
Aug 26, 2011
127 posts
79 upvotes
No problems at all activating Saturday morning 09:45 am eastern time.

Maybe use an incognito/private window so that it starts fresh.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)