Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Public Mobile] Public Mobile $23 for unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international text, 1GB 3G/LTE lite data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 4:30 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9820 posts
9041 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:31 pm
I think every 2 - 3 months.
I went through three $25 referral promos ended on 13 Sept 2018, 1 Jan 2019 and 18 Mar 2019.
Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results
It seems to me that the $25 referral promos were offered just around the end of each Telus financial quarter - Sept, Dec, Mar, (June to be confirmed)
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1669 posts
513 upvotes
Mississauga
Switching over from chatr to public mobile, what account info do I need from chatr to activate and port?
Public Mobile
Penalty Box
Apr 3, 2013
900 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
jdu0ng wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:57 pm
Switching over from chatr to public mobile, what account info do I need from chatr to activate and port?
1) Disable your autopay
2) Call customer service, ask them for your account number to port out
3) Activate your PM line first. Recommended that you port as a separate step after testing the service
4) Fill in the port form. Don't provide your PIN, you need to provide the account number you got in step 2.
Proud Fido, Paytm, Public Mobile, and Tangerine client
Thanks RFD 💜
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1032 posts
590 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:45 pm
Last Q’s... I read the referral credits take 72 hours or so to show up.... can I activate a SIM and wait for the referral credit to show up before picking a plan... therefore getting the first month free (on the $25 plan)?

Or do I need to pay for the first month upon Sim activation?
Dunkster wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:47 pm
Usually the referral credit takes about 24 hours to show up, up to 72 hours. You will need to pay for SIM card and 1st month (+ taxes)
So far all my $25 credits have showed up in 12-18 hours (not totally sure since I was sleeping when it actually occurred - but both within 18 hours).

I didn't port over the second line number yet and just took a 647 number and chose the last 4 digits.

FYI

I made two separate accounts with the EXACT SAME INFORMATION - EXCEPT I used a different email address for the login - and that is the only difference - same names, addresses, alternative contact numbers, credit card, etc....

And all worked flawlessly.

Thanks again...

I am considering changing my rogers 10 gig $65 dollar plan over as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1032 posts
590 upvotes
Also, I want to say that I am impressed with the speed and accuracy (for me so far) of the self-serve features, and how crazy fast the porting of the number is.

I am so used to having to call back rogers because of errors to my billing a hundred times over.. sometimes errors occur just for calling them to inquire. I actually say at the end of every conversation I have with them "And to verify - NO changes have been made to my account as I do not authorize any changes").

MP
Aug 23, 2015
478 posts
379 upvotes
With Telus and Koodo, have been fine roaming and texting when going to the States. While at cedar point for example could send and receive texts from Ohio, no problem.

If I recall with PM, you are locked to Canada. Unless you buy add ons for talk and text. Has this limitation changed? This would be one minor gripe even though it's the same network. Lots of advantages otherwise.

Have a couple referrals with Koodo, would hate to lose those. Trying to talk a couple family members into switching to make up for it, so far no dice.
Public Mobile $25 plan, $25 credits until March 31st
Koodo $30 plan, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
17766 posts
6001 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:09 pm
So far all my $25 credits have showed up in 12-18 hours (not totally sure since I was sleeping when it actually occurred - but both within 18 hours).

I didn't port over the second line number yet and just took a 647 number and chose the last 4 digits.

FYI

I made two separate accounts with the EXACT SAME INFORMATION - EXCEPT I used a different email address for the login - and that is the only difference - same names, addresses, alternative contact numbers, credit card, etc....

And all worked flawlessly.

Thanks again...

I am considering changing my rogers 10 gig $65 dollar plan over as well.
The Public Mobile self serve model can be intimidating. Because it is a computer you are dealing with and not a person, they are not forgiving if you mistype the smallest thing. This is pretty much the pitfall that affects people who run into problems. If entries are triple checked before submitting, the computer is very efficient and accurate. BTW, how do you shoehorn 10GB of usage into this plan. You are going to run out of data after the first week.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $40/5GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 17, 2017
816 posts
566 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:18 pm
With Telus and Koodo, have been fine roaming and texting when going to the States. While at cedar point for example could send and receive texts from Ohio, no problem.

If I recall with PM, you are locked to Canada. Unless you buy add ons for talk and text. Has this limitation changed? This would be one minor gripe even though it's the same network. Lots of advantages otherwise.

Have a couple referrals with Koodo, would hate to lose those. Trying to talk a couple family members into switching to make up for it, so far no dice.
You need to buy US 10 day add on packages. Reasonably priced though and uses At&T and T-mobile in the USA. For one to two day trips, a bit of a hassle getting a 10 day add on.

No international roaming though.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Apr 1, 2007
151 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Ported yesterday and already received an email from Fido stating that they miss me :) The fact is I don't miss them and I have already noticed the improved call quality
------------------------------------------------------
Happy Public Mobile & EBOX Customer; so far 😉
Oct 1, 2013
678 posts
592 upvotes
tor98 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:34 pm
Ported yesterday and already received an email from Fido stating that they miss me :) The fact is I don't miss them and I have already noticed the improved call quality
Listen to “New Rules” by Dua Lipa. Think of fido everytine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6386 posts
2198 upvotes
Canada
Did the $15 plan ever come back up?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2718 posts
157 upvotes
This plan is pretty tempting. I would move if I wasn't on the $10 off $30 promotion...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5856 posts
2410 upvotes
Canada
raspeed wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:51 pm
Did the $15 plan ever come back up?
Yes it's live now
Public Mobile and Koodo customer
Feb 7, 2008
750 posts
243 upvotes
Kelowna
when you port # is there some confirmation page? my submit page didn't refresh and don't know if it went through

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)