Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile Lunar New Year Promotion, $5x8 off $15/25 plans, $10x8 off ≥ $35 plans

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2020 9:12 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4083 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
Magic2016 wrote: Mine was activated in Walmart of GTA area.
Which location did you go? I will go tomorrow after work, I’m in north york, thanks.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19335 posts
7458 upvotes
Toronto
ButtermanJr wrote: Tried to buy the sim card from Walmart. Had to listen to the guy's Fido pitch, then his Chatr pitch, then he tells me he can't sell the Public Mobile sim card without activating it. At this point he's already lying to me so I don't really trust him to handle this for me. Went to London Drugs and got the sim card in 30 seconds. Should have done this first -- Walmart's cell phone stand is trash tier.
I am not sure you played your cards right. If the agent was insistent on activating the account, it was the perfect opportunity for you to ask for a free SIM card. The thread summary has the Walmart code for free SIM card. Some agents may not know about it and some may choose to apply it at their convenience.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Feb 28, 2006
165 posts
102 upvotes
rui wrote: Which location did you go? I will go tomorrow after work, I’m in north york, thanks.
My dad did it at Richmond hill Walmart at Hwy 7 and Bayview, we got a free SIM card there hassle free. It depends on who's on duty.
Nov 28, 2015
23 posts
19 upvotes
East York
rfdCaper wrote: Deal expires Feb.3 11:59 pm ET. My Motorola g6 is not compatible with PM.
I can confirm that the Moto G6 Bought directly from Motorola Canada website works with Public Mobile.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2208 posts
3403 upvotes
spiculated wrote: I can confirm that the Moto G6 Bought directly from Motorola Canada website works with Public Mobile.
For use in Canada, a phone essentially needs UMTS 850Mhz and 1900MHz for phone call ability. I realize that Rogers does have a 2g network, but they won't for long. And, as for VoLTE, that often doesn't work unless you buy a phone directly from a carrier. It just wouldn't make any sense for Motorola Canada's online store to sell a phone that wouldn't work at Public Mobile.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Dec 2, 2016
127 posts
135 upvotes
will888 wrote: I am not sure you played your cards right. If the agent was insistent on activating the account, it was the perfect opportunity for you to ask for a free SIM card. The thread summary has the Walmart code for free SIM card. Some agents may not know about it and some may choose to apply it at their convenience.
Yeah I was aware of that free SIM card possibility. Not worth dealing with a weasel.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1357 posts
1177 upvotes
rui wrote: Which location did you go? I will go tomorrow after work, I’m in north york, thanks.
The problem is that even if you go to a Walmart who previously gave the free SIM card, there is no guarantees that you will be offered the free SIM at the same store. It depends also on the representative who is working at that time.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19335 posts
7458 upvotes
Toronto
Dunkster wrote: The problem is that even if you go to a Walmart who previously gave the free SIM card, there is no guarantees that you will be offered the free SIM at the same store. It depends also on the representative who is working at that time.
Hopefully having the promo code in hand will help the odds. At least the agent can't deny so hard that such a deal doesn't exist.
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5104 posts
1536 upvotes
GTEH!
I know it was mentioned already that today, Feb.3/2020, is the expiry date for this promo.
Just checked the PM website and promo is still posted, as I type this.
😎
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1015 posts
609 upvotes
Webhead wrote: I know it was mentioned already that today, Feb.3/2020, is the expiry date for this promo.
Just checked the PM website and promo is still posted, as I type this.
This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5104 posts
1536 upvotes
GTEH!
iamk64 wrote: i cant get a sim card before the promotion is over, is there any other options somehow?
Magic2016 wrote: Just visit Walmart, they will activate the account for you with free SIM card.
This is YMMV. Not all Walmart locations will offer free PM SIM card.
😎
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2208 posts
3403 upvotes
Webhead wrote: This is YMMV. Not all Walmart locations will offer free PM SIM card.
It can be YMMV even with the same salesperson and whether that person feels it's necessary to close the sale on activation.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9244 posts
2735 upvotes
Was told in Oshawa that even with activation card is not free.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19335 posts
7458 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: Was told in Oshawa that even with activation card is not free.
Unfortunately, it is well known that getting a free SIM card is a bit of a lottery. Too bad it has to be that way. We only have a few hours to mall closing time in the eastern time zone. Hopefully everyone that wants this promo can at least sign on before it expires at midnight.
Tangerine Bank
Dec 31, 2015
63 posts
39 upvotes
York, ON
Major Mackenzie + Bayview location. The sales person is Mohamed. However, all sales person there are very nice and helpful.