Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [Public Mobile] Public Mobile New $15/Month Plan 100min Canadawide talk+unlimited int'l text+bonus 250mb data w/ autopay

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 11:39 pm
Nov 12, 2015
200 posts
167 upvotes
Victoria
barginfreak wrote: Bring that there is no unlimited incoming with this new plan.. why no talk about 15$ Chatr?
People said that without it would be :
1.chatr,
2.PM
3. Lucky.

Apart from the 2$ Auto discount from PM, wouldn’t Chatr be better with unl. Incoming?
And doesn’t Chatr give you data when you autopay?
Chatr also charges $0.40 a minute to retrieve voicemail. Do this 20 or less times you can purchase the long distance add-on with PM that gives you 200 minutes that don't expire until they are fully consumed
Public Mobile Fall Promo
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Shaw 600 + Basic Cable w/ 5 Theme Packs, Home Phone + 1 Year Netflix Credit ($162) + $250 Bill Credit = $87/24 months
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
barginfreak wrote: Bring that there is no unlimited incoming with this new plan.. why no talk about 15$ Chatr?
1.chatr,
2.PM
3. Lucky.
Apart from the 2$ Auto discount from PM, wouldn’t Chatr be better with unl. Incoming?
Both plans are similar with 250 mb data included. It cost money to check Chatr voice mail $0.40 per minute and Chatr used Rogers towers. While Public Mobile uses Bell/Telus. More people get better coverage/reception with Bell/Telus. However, if you need incoming calls, then Chatr would better meet your needs.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1312 posts
499 upvotes
Montreal, QC
1.chatr,
2.PM
3. Lucky.

Good call, I mentioned this in the chatr thread but to me unlimited incoming, throttled data is worth more than $2. The vm issue is solvable as I can set conditional call forwarding to another VM #. (unlimited incoming takes care of minutes used for forwarding)

I'm just waiting for a reply from someone that's selling a sim for $5 locally.
Last edited by nahsha on Mar 16th, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
1.chatr,
2.PM
3. Lucky.

Public Mobile also has community rewards, friend referrals, loyalty rewards, which together can bring this plan down to $10/month. Haven't looked much into what Chatr offers in terms of credits/rewards.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
nahsha wrote: So the current promo is either get a free sim from Walmart and 10$ off OR buy a sim else where use a referral, which comes out to 25-10?
There is no official free sim at Walmart promo. The price is still $10, even for in-store activation unless the person behind the counter waives the fee. They sometimes do this to get a commission from the activation, but customer should not expect it.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10598 posts
4849 upvotes
Burnaby
Reported a user beginning with d for unsolicited referral. Even worse when I already said I was a public mobile user and was referring my in-laws. I wonder how many people got sucked in if they messaged everybody
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Oatmeal wrote: Public Mobile also has community rewards, friend referrals, loyalty rewards, which together can bring this plan down to $10/month. Haven't looked much into what Chatr offers in terms of credits/rewards.
Chatr has no "reward" type offerings of any kind. Sometimes Chatr will offer small credits for the first 6 months to new customers, but trend with Chatr of late has been fo offer that type of credit OR data bonus, but not both.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3168 upvotes
crimsona wrote: Reported a user beginning with d for unsolicited referral. Even worse when I already said I was a public mobile user and was referring my in-laws. I wonder how many people got sucked in if they messaged everybody
Not me. Face With Tears Of Joy LOL. I also have been private messaged giving me a referral number (unsolicited) even with my signature.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
crimsona wrote: Reported a user beginning with d for unsolicited referral. Even worse when I already said I was a public mobile user and was referring my in-laws. I wonder how many people got sucked in if they messaged everybody
Most members I suspect are here to sign up, ask questions, or to try to get referrals. People will make mistakes by thinking that someone is looking for one. But, I would hope that people at least make an effort to try to only contact people who have shown some type of interest, and to apologize if they make a mistake.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Mar 16th, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo Financial customer
Nov 19, 2011
204 posts
81 upvotes
London
Great plan for me, I can hit their tower with a golf ball from my dock. That means coverage all over the lake for our family. I went from the $ 10 plan to the $ 15 one here along with my second SIM from Fido on their 3gb - $ 7.50 data only plan for 2 years. I put my wife on the $ 25 plan along with a reference so our payments aren't much at all. We use my phone as a hot spot at the cottage or while traveling. We never go over. Couldn't have put this all together without RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
IMO, you should only give referral unless asked but bear in mind those who were asking will most likely send a few messages to other members as well in a 1st come 1st serve basis.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
morganplus8 wrote: Great plan for me, I can hit their tower with a golf ball from my dock. That means coverage all over the lake for our family. I went from the $ 10 plan to the $ 15 one here along with my second SIM from Fido on their 3gb - $ 7.50 data only plan for 2 years. I put my wife on the $ 25 plan along with a reference so our payments aren't much at all. We use my phone as a hot spot at the cottage or while traveling. We never go over. Couldn't have put this all together without RFD.
The coverage at Public Mobile is miles ahead of a carrier such as Freedom for sure.
Neo Financial customer
May 9, 2012
867 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
ShawnC13 wrote: Chatr also charges $0.40 a minute to retrieve voicemail. Do this 20 or less times you can purchase the long distance add-on with PM that gives you 200 minutes that don't expire until they are fully consumed
Chatr Rep says you can use a landline to check VM without being charged and incoming VM don’t get charged. Only using your cell to check gets charged.
Anyone here has the $15plan for Chart to validate... making this plan good or weak?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
barginfreak wrote: Chatr Rep says you can use a landline to check VM without being charged and incoming VM don’t get charged. Only using your cell to check gets charged.
Anyone here has the $15plan for Chart to validate... making this plan good or weak?
Hey bro, it's a $15 plan, not a mortgage. The differences have been laid out; just read through the posts above. The choice is yours.
Good luck with your decision.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
barginfreak wrote: Chatr Rep says you can use a landline to check VM without being charged and incoming VM don’t get charged. Only using your cell to check gets charged.
Thanks for this....this is similar to Speakout ie no usage of minutes or cost if you check voicemail from landline/some other phone.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
181 posts
77 upvotes
How much is 250mb of data?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
dealChimp wrote: How much is 250mb of data?
Not much. It could be used up in less than a minute if you have a fast connection. Some people routinely use that much in a day.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7096 upvotes
West GTEH!
So many $15 plans available.
Too bad my kid is on Koodo $15 prepaid plan and still has the double minutes booster purchased last year (over 1,000 canada-wide minutes left).
Tempted to get PM Sim card for the future if we switch.
😎
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
nahsha wrote: Good call, I mentioned this in the chatr thread but to me unlimited incoming, throttled data is worth more than $2. The vm issue is solvable as I can set conditional call forwarding to another VM #. (unlimited incoming takes care of minutes used for forwarding)

I'm just waiting for a reply from someone that's selling a sim for $5 locally.
Don't forget the loyalty discount. After 5 years this plan is $8.
And the referral discounts are lit. Find 8 people to refer and your plan is free.

Roaming packages are really good for USA too.
$20/1gb to use over 10 days.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
Does esim work with PM or is it only the big 3 for now?