Hot Deals

Locked: [Public Mobile] Public Mobile New $15/Month Plan 100min Canadawide talk+unlimited int'l text+bonus 250mb data w/ autopay

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 10:57 pm
Nov 17, 2017
793 posts
548 upvotes
If the website gets crazy busy this weekend, I would recommend just activating a new temporary number. Try the service for a few days and then port your number over early next week when things settle down. Safer method.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5717 posts
3278 upvotes
Victoria
I still have $66 on my SpeakOut account that expires in May. The annual cost of this plan is 50% more than what I pay for SpeakOut but wow... that unlimited texting and free 250mb data is very tempting

Are short code texts included in the free texting or is it a separate charge?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3103 posts
1252 upvotes
Halifax
rchong wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:50 pm
I still have $66 on my SpeakOut account that expires in May. The annual cost of this plan is 50% more than what I pay for SpeakOut but wow... that unlimited texting and free 250mb data is very tempting

Are short code texts included in the free texting or is it a separate charge?
Yeah, here is a list. https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/22650 I do not believe there are extra charges.
Mar 10, 2019
256 posts
151 upvotes
bridonca wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 6:59 pm
Yeah, here is a list. https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/22650 I do not believe there are extra charges.
If it isn't already included at Public Mobile, the service just wouldn't work. There are no single-use/pay-per-use charges. But yes, short codes generally work.
May 9, 2012
759 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
1. Anyone knows if the minutes & data are rolled over to the next month?
2. Is VM charged for those leaving messages?
2B. Is there a way to retrieve VM without being charged (like call from landline)?
Feb 29, 2012
42 posts
52 upvotes
Chatham
barginfreak wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:21 pm
2B. Is there a way to retrieve VM without being charged (like call from landline)?
https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Offer details
Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

4 - Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wirele ... zation.pdf. Compatible device required. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

9 - Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.
Apr 3, 2013
853 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
barginfreak wrote:
Yes, you can retrieve VM from another number (e.g. a landline) and it won't count against your minutes.
Proud Fido, Paytm, Public Mobile, and Tangerine client
Thanks RFD 💜
Nov 19, 2017
456 posts
332 upvotes
Vancouver
barginfreak wrote:
1. Plan minutes & data don't roll over. Only add-ons do.
2. Officially, leaving voicemail by a third party eats up minutes; however, some reported they don't.
2B. Calling from landline doesn't eat up minutes; however, calling from your public mobile number eat up minutes. No extra charge.
Mar 10, 2019
256 posts
151 upvotes
barginfreak wrote:
There is no roll over minutes and data in this plan. The only thing that ever rolls over at Public Mobile from one billing period to the next are add-on packages. Add-ons stay on your account until used up, or otherwise expire (U.S. Roaming packages). You don't get charged airtime when someone leaves you a message. If you call your cell phone number from a different phone, you can absolutely check your voicemail messages, and it won't count as part of your 100 minutes.
Feb 29, 2012
42 posts
52 upvotes
Chatham
well, wish include unlimited incoming call....
Feb 17, 2007
203 posts
49 upvotes
During the last steps of Public Mobile Online Activation, credit card payment, after I click Activate, I got this message: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help". Tried to login to my account was rejected. Now what should I do? Please help!
Mar 16, 2008
228 posts
106 upvotes
Arviat
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:47 pm
During the last steps of Public Mobile Online Activation, credit card payment, after I click Activate, I got this message: "Your activation request has failed. Please contact Public Mobile for help". Tried to login to my account was rejected. Now what should I do? Please help!
Put the SIM card in your phone does it connect to PM? Is yes, you are activated and need to login back into your account to finalize the details. If no, you need to try the activation again.
Feb 23, 2017
4 posts
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... l/td-p/427
You can check your Voicemail in two ways:
• From your phone dial your phone number or press and hold 1, enter your password and follow the prompts.
• From a land line or other mobile phone dial your phone number, press Star key (*), then enter your password and follow the prompts.

I was curious myself how to check vm from a landline.
Feb 17, 2007
203 posts
49 upvotes
elamalaka wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:55 pm
Put the SIM card in your phone does it connect to PM? Is yes, you are activated and need to login back into your account to finalize the details. If no, you need to try the activation again.
I did and no connection.
Jan 16, 2004
677 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
RFDeal_or_NoDeal wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:47 pm

You probably tried to port your number during activation? Probably that part failed.

You need to go to the public mobile community forums, register and sign up, and just contact “Moderator_team” for help. Provide all the information you can about your public mobile account to them.