Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile: Second 30 Days Free (New Activations) - Sept 18-21, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 11:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2480 posts
3932 upvotes

Public Mobile: Second 30 Days Free (New Activations) - Sept 18-21, 2020

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 21, 2020
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Second 30 days free with new account activation.

In-store: September 18-September 21, 2020 11:59pm EDT

Online: Must submit e-mail address at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020 from September 18-21, 2020 and activate Public Mobile account using same e-mail address by October 2, 2020 (11:59EDT)

Conditions from Publicmobile.ca plan page:
"Effective September 18 2020 until September 21 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store. Offer is not stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans.
Please note the discount will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Announcement at:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/594953
Last edited by computergeek541 on Sep 18th, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
42 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4036 posts
963 upvotes
I really hate that 3G speed thingy.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19479 posts
7611 upvotes
Toronto
Here we go again, yet another one month free flash sale. They need to do more than give away a free month. They need to offer cheaper plans and with more data. Every day high price with one month free doesn't cut it.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2480 posts
3932 upvotes
will888 wrote: Here we go again, yet another one month free flash sale. They need to do more than give away a free month. They need to offer cheaper plans and with more data. Every day high price with one month free doesn't cut it.
You're right and the recent plan change is a good example. Customers didn't find that very funny.
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1560 posts
1477 upvotes
This promo would have worked better if they maintained the $30 plan for 2GB, instead of the "regular" price of $35 for 2GB.

Still if somebody is interested in signing up, this promo is better than no promotion.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1492 posts
858 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
will888 wrote: Here we go again, yet another one month free flash sale. They need to do more than give away a free month. They need to offer cheaper plans and with more data. Every day high price with one month free doesn't cut it.
You just don't understand PM's business model.
Their model is to provide little data at slow speeds and at unattractive rates. When they offer a benefit to existing customers, they refuse to provide it to a potential new customer because they don't want all the hassle and revenue of more customers.
Jan 24, 2013
315 posts
123 upvotes
Ontario
Do you have to enter your email address before you activate the sim? Its not very clear...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5291 posts
3206 upvotes
M-Arkham
debating if I should port my number during sign up or do it after, since im not sure if I do want to keep the pm service

how painful is it if I do it after?
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1560 posts
1477 upvotes
Nguygie wrote: Do you have to enter your email address before you activate the sim? Its not very clear...
Yes, you need to submit the email address by September 21 and register by October 2. Use the same email address when you activate your SIM card/plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Brewmeanie wrote: debating if I should port my number during sign up or do it after, since im not sure if I do want to keep the pm service

It's not difficult at all.
Very easy to do online.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1560 posts
1477 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: debating if I should port my number during sign up or do it after, since im not sure if I do want to keep the pm service

If you not sure whether you want to keep service, I would recommend activating a temporary new PM phone number. Use the service for a few days. Then if you like the service, you can port your number from your original carrier. The hassle is that you will need to contact moderator (PM employee) to complete the port for you. Not too painful. Just need to wait a few hours for moderators to respond to request.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In the past has Lucky matched PM's "flash" sales?
Jan 24, 2013
315 posts
123 upvotes
Ontario
Dunkster wrote: Yes, you need to submit the email address by September 21 and register by October 2. Use the same email address when you activate your SIM card/plan.
Thanks. I meant do you need to enter the email before you actually activate or can you enter your email after you activate online (within the time frame of the promo of course). The reason I'm asking is because I helped a family sign up for a new plan this morning... So would he still be eligible for the 2nd month free if he enters his email now, after activation?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1560 posts
1477 upvotes
Nguygie wrote: Thanks. I meant do you need to enter the email before you actually activate or can you enter your email after you activate online (within the time frame of the promo of course). The reason I'm asking is because I helped a family sign up for a new plan this morning... So would he still be eligible for the 2nd month free if he enters his email now, after activation?
According to the terms and conditions, your family member probably won't qualify for the promotion. This promotion was only announced 2 hours ago. Usually, you will need to enter email address before SIM activation.

It probably won't hurt submitting the email address now (even after activation). See what happens. You could try to contact moderator afterwards to discuss further. YMMV.
Jul 26, 2020
2 posts
I just signed up for a plan with Public Mobile a week ago, does anyone if they'll let me hop onto this promo?