Expired Hot Deals

[Public Mobile] Public Mobile: Second 30 Days Free (New Activations) - Sept 18-21, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 11:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6429 posts
4920 upvotes
mobifree wrote: "Lowest possible rate" relative to other providers in Canada.

I'm not saying it's justified, but Google, Spotify and other vendors charge less in India and other countries vs. Canada / USA.

Similarly wireless providers in Canada/USA charge more than other countries.

What can we do about this? I DON'T KNOW.
It's because those monopolies have long been ingrained. It started with the fact that Alexander Graham Bell oinvented the telephone on this continent.

The government should mandate that plans be equal to the average of the G7.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9666 posts
2205 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just signed up a on tuesday.mother fu...
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lead wrote: I just signed up a on tuesday.mother fu...
They usually have these on weekends.
Oct 8, 2006
552 posts
339 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Is anyone receiving email confirmation of registration?....did not receive one per T&C nor did a friend... read now and waiting to get sim before oct 2
Nov 10, 2008
836 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
happy camper wrote: Is anyone receiving email confirmation of registration?....did not receive one per T&C nor did a friend... read now and waiting to get sim before oct 2
I can't even click the "submit" button right now.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1536 posts
1445 upvotes
happy camper wrote: Is anyone receiving email confirmation of registration?....did not receive one per T&C nor did a friend... read now and waiting to get sim before oct 2
From past similar promotions, the email confirmation did not happen until later when sometimes an email reminder is sent to the new customer. As long as you signed up, you should be fine.
escapehatch wrote: I can't even click the "submit" button right now.
Website can be finicky. Clear cache, try a different web browser or go incognito mode.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2445 posts
3902 upvotes
Last day for this offer in store is Monday.

For online activations, you must register for the offer at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020 by Monday 11:59pm EDT, and then activate the service by October 2, 2020 11:59pm EDT
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12.5GB
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4134 posts
205 upvotes
Just so you know, I did this the last time this promo came around and did not get a confirmation. Remind me on October if it applied correctly (my second month) :P I reached out to the moderator team in the Public Mobile forums and they said it should be fine. Just make sure your emails you used for both the promo and signup for public mobile are the same.

EDIT: Just checked my payment/transaction history and a credit was applied on September 17th to my account for the amount of my plan.
So, I am an example of someone who didn't get a confirmation email after signing up for the promo, but got the promotion applied to my account within the 30 days - 15 days to be exact.
Public Mobile | Tangerine | Questrade
Nov 10, 2008
836 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Is it better to sign up and get a new number, then port in another number or to sign up and immediately port in another number?

How long does it usually take?
Sep 16, 2008
63 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
It doesn't really matter, it will probably take you same time. I guess the longest wait will be for having the SIM card shipped to you so it's better to buy the card in person then port a new number.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2445 posts
3902 upvotes
rock26 wrote: It doesn't really matter, it will probably take you same time. I guess the longest wait will be for having the SIM card shipped to you so it's better to buy the card in person then port a new number.
I don't see how porting at a store is any better. In fact, I believe that most people would rather do it at home.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2445 posts
3902 upvotes
escapehatch wrote: Is it better to sign up and get a new number, then port in another number or to sign up and immediately port in another number?

How long does it usually take?
Porting from another wireless carrier is supposed to be completed with 2.5 hours. If you choose to port later, you'll have to contact a Public Mobile moderator. Waiting for a response usually takes less than 48 hours, although sometimes it only takes a few minutes. Teh actual porting time would be the same once the request is processed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)