Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Public Mobile: Second 30 days Free (New customers) July 31- August 3, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 11:51 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Jaegerjaque wrote: Does anyone know if Koodo iPhone xr will work with public and freedom mobile?
Yes. PM is using Telus network. Koodo is also using Telus network. Any phone sold by Koodo and Telus will work with PM plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3167 upvotes
Jaegerjaque wrote: Does anyone know if Koodo iPhone xr will work with public and freedom mobile?
Should also work on Freedom mobile.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
embguy wrote: Yes. PM is using Telus network. Koodo is also using Telus network. Any phone sold by Koodo and Telus will work with PM plan.
Starting December 1,2017.. All the phones comes unlocked from any carrier. As XR was released in Late October, you phone is unlocked and will work with any carriers in Canada.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
What is the order that PM uses for charging your account on next plan renewal?

I have $11 credit balance on my PM account at the moment, I got a text from PM this morning indicating that my voucher that I added to my PM account will expire in 30 day (from today).

My next renewal date is Aug 12

I also expect to get another $2 auto pay and $1 in referral credit added to my account around the renewal date so if my math is correct, as it stands now, I will have $14 credit on my account when i get billed for my Aug 12 renewal.

My question is, if I were to add a couple $10 prepaid vouchers to my account now so my credit balance would be around $34 on day of renewal and on Aug 12, PM will take $30 out of my account, does the system know to use the older voucher that was added to account first so it does not expire or am I taking a risk by having $34 credit on my account with only $30 to be taken out and 1 × $10 voucher to expire within 30 days from now?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: What is the order that PM uses for charging your account on next plan renewal?

I have $11 credit balance on my PM account at the moment, I got a text from PM this morning indicating that my voucher that I added to my PM account will expire in 30 day (from today).

My next renewal date is Aug 12

I also expect to get another $2 auto pay and $1 in referral credit added to my account around the renewal date so if my math is correct, as it stands now, I will have $14 credit on my account when i get billed for my Aug 12 renewal.

My question is, if I were to add a couple $10 prepaid vouchers to my account now so my credit balance would be around $34 on day of renewal and on Aug 12, PM will take $30 out of my account, does the system know to use the older voucher that was added to account first so it does not expire or am I taking a risk by having $34 credit on my account with only $30 to be taken out and 1 × $10 voucher to expire within 30 days from now?
Any balance already in the account gets used first. Rewards are added to your Public Mobile account balance before the renewal.

Also, there's no such thing as "older voucher". All account balance amounts are treated the same. Balances also do not expire unless the account gets closed or go into suspended status for 90 days.

There are no 30 day expiry dates on Public Mobile vouchers.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: Any balance already in the account gets used first. Rewards are added to your Public Mobile account balance before the renewal.

Also, there's no such thing as "older voucher". All account balance amounts are treated the same. Balances also do not expire unless the account gets closed or go into suspended status for 90 days.

There are no 30 day expiry dates on Public Mobile vouchers.
Oops sorry misread the PM text this morning. It was saying that the *credit card* linked to my PM account expires in 30 days. I must have skimmed it when I got the notification this morning and assumed it was referring to a voucher expiring in 30 days.

I thought I heard before that prepaid vouchers on your PM account need to be used up within 90 days. Is that not correct?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3167 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: Oops sorry misread the PM text this morning. It was saying that the *credit card* linked to my PM account expires in 30 days. I must have skimmed it when I got the notification this morning and assumed it was referring to a voucher expiring in 30 days.

I thought I heard before that prepaid vouchers on your PM account need to be used up within 90 days. Is that not correct?
From my understanding, there is no time limit for prepaid vouchers.

If you suspend your account more than 90 days, then your account/available funds will be closed / lost forever.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
adilh53 wrote:

No, that's not correct. As I said before, any balance in your account is all treated the same. As from the above message, the 90 day factor ony applies to if your account is suspended, whether that's because you reported your phone as lost or if you have insufficent account balance to pay for your plan.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
2092 posts
1942 upvotes
Is there no more talk/text only option (no data)?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: Is there no more talk/text only option (no data)?
The $10 50 minutes + 50 text plan is no longer offered.
The cheapest is $15 100 outgoing minutes + unlimited incoming minutes + unlimited international texts
If you enable autopay, $13 with bonus 250MB data

Read my post on how much you are paying for first 3 cycles. Post#4 on this thread.
public-mobile-public-mobile-second-30-d ... #p32912716
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3167 upvotes
$15 plan is really a talk and text plan. 250 mb data is nothing these days. Unlimited texts, unlimited incoming calls. 100 outgoing minutes, can be supplemented with $5 talk add on (500 minutes, unused minutes roll over)

This flash promotion includes the $15 plan, 2nd month free credit. Most flash promotions in the past had to sign up for $25 plan +.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
The $15 plan is the cheapest option. You alwyays have the option of disabling data at the device level.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Getting an error when trying to finalize the transaction
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 8.04.41 PM.png
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3167 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Getting an error when trying to finalize the transaction
First check if you were charged. If your credit card was charged, then put in your SIM card to see whether you got activated.

If not charged, try again. However, the website can be finicky. Clear cache. Incognito mode. Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Dunkster wrote: First check if you were charged. If your credit card was charged, then put in your SIM card to see whether you got activated.

If not charged, try again. However, the website can be finicky. Clear cache. Incognito mode. Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site.
I think it was an issue with the province selection at the payment screen. I waited around 50 minutes and did it again and it went through Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I love RFD! :)
Apr 28, 2019
504 posts
641 upvotes
I wonder when they will offer great holiday giveaways like the year ago '400 Intl minutes' and '1 GB data' which rolls over until fully used up :D
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
balaca wrote: I wonder when they will offer great holiday giveaways like the year ago '400 Intl minutes' and '1 GB data' which rolls over until fully used up :D
PM needs to find an excuse to give us freebies. PM changed orange logo to current current color and updated the self-serve and community with the new theme.

I have not seen anything that makes PM in the giving mood this year.
Banned
Jul 18, 2020
52 posts
45 upvotes
Montreal
embguy wrote: PM needs to find an excuse to give us freebies. PM changed orange logo to current current color and updated the self-serve and community with the new theme.

I have not seen anything that makes PM in the giving mood this year.
this

they're all at home collecting cerb

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)