Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Public Mobile: Second 30 Days Free - October 30- November 1, 2020 (Online Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 10:59 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes

Public Mobile: Second 30 Days Free - October 30- November 1, 2020 (Online Only)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 1, 2020
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Public Mobile
Online activation only for new accounts

Free second 30 days of service
Register for offer at https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020 from October 30 to November 1 , 2020 11:59pm EST
and activate account online using same e-mail address by November 13, 2020 11:59pm EST.

Account credit equal to price of activated plan will be issued within 30 days.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
23 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
Here we go again. I wonder if Public Mobile checks whether customers who get these second month deals remain after 2 months.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Another free month promo.
Make sure register your email by November 1, 2020, 11:59PM ET and acctivate on a plan online using the registered email address by November 13, 2020, 11:59PM ET
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
This is just the nudge I needed to try Public
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: Here we go again. I wonder if Public Mobile checks whether customers who get these second month deals remain after 2 months.
I doubt it. The deal itself is fine for the customer, but it likely doesn't result in long term customers. Public Mobile has a serious churn problem and this promotion doesn't help as it means that competitors will make similar offers. When that happens, many customers will switch back an forth every few months.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: This is just the nudge I needed to try Public
Remember that the reason to be with Public Mobile is for long term savings. That can only happen over time via the rewards program.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: I doubt it. The deal itself is fine for the customer, but it likely doesn't result in long term customers. Public Mobile has a serious churn problem and this promotion doesn't help as it means that competitors will make similar offers. When that happens, many customers will switch back an forth every few months.
The way to keep subscribers is the PM reward program. The autopay $2 credit is nothing special as anyone can get it. Community reward is cheap labor as you make more money by collecting bottles than helping at PM community. Recently, PM gave $20 one time credit for subscribers to refer the first friend to PM. New subscribers have to wait for 13 months to get the first loyalty $. The only way for PM to keep subscribers is the referral credits.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
embguy wrote: The way to keep subscribers is the PM reward program. The autopay $2 credit is nothing special as anyone can get it. Community reward is cheap labor as you make more money by collecting bottles than helping at PM community. Recently, PM gave $20 one time credit for subscribers to refer the first friend to PM. New subscribers have to wait for 13 months to get the first loyalty $. The only way for PM to keep subscribers is the referral credits.
Unfortunately, the referral credits don't remain if the other customers leave. The only way to get the customers to stay is to offer better price plans. Public Mobile has been lagging behind in terms of plans and promotions for almost this entire year. As I was saying, customers don't experience the greater savings until being with Public Mobile for a while. Often customers are tempted by these short term but immediate savings, and when Lucky offers the same promotion in a a couple of months, most of these customers will switch again.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
PM basically pays for my bill each month. So I am not going anywhere. But when a cousin came to me to ask about plans for their young teens. After asking what their needs were, I suggested Lucky Mobile $25 plan because of the unlimited data that will keep you fully connected until the plan renews. If PM had this it would have been easy to get another referral.

Once you teach people the benefits of buying their phones outright, especially for teens, these prepaid no-contract low cost plans are quite the savings overall
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote: promo code FREE3GB still works, and maybe stackable with the Diwali promo? public-mobile-get-1-gb-bonus-6-months-p ... a-2413461/
According to the terms, it's not stackable. You're free to try, but if you lose one offer or the other by doing this, there wouldn't be much basis to complain to customer service about it.
Neo Financial customer
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
computergeek541 wrote: Remember that the reason to be with Public Mobile is for long term savings. That can only happen over time via the rewards program.
I’m in a smallish town in NS, so I need a good month or two to even determine whether there is coverage where I need it and whether the quality will hold up to daily use.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2444 posts
3167 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote: promo code FREE3GB still works, and maybe stackable with the Diwali promo? public-mobile-get-1-gb-bonus-6-months-p ... a-2413461/
One RFDer did try the free 3GB promo code with last weekend promotion (2nd month free) and got the 3GB data add on. The person has not responded back to see whether they got the 2nd month credit. YMMV.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: I’m in a smallish town in NS, so I need a good month or two to even determine whether there is coverage where I need it and whether the quality will hold up to daily use.
As for coverage, Public Mobile is owned by Telus and uses the same Bell/Telus shared network.
Neo Financial customer
Sep 23, 2020
448 posts
114 upvotes
If I am already a PM customer, how do I go about getting this promo?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
Lvxios wrote: If I am already a PM customer, how do I go about getting this promo?
Sorry, but you can't unless you activate a new account. If you don't care about your phone number, you can simply activate a new acccount, but you won't get any refund if you abandon your old account. If you need to keep your phone number, you would have to port out and then port back in. Doing that means that you would be spending money at the other carrier too.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
echino wrote: Does it stack with a referral?
New customers who are referred will receive a $10 credit. That's not a promotion, but rather a regular offer.
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1922 posts
1195 upvotes
Calgary
Still haven't got my credit. Activated on 12th...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)