Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Public Mobile

Public Moble Flash Sale, $10 off for 6 month on $35+ plans

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 9:09 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes

Public Moble Flash Sale, $10 off for 6 month on $35+ plans

Deal Link:
Savings:
$10 off
Expiry:
June 11, 2020
Retailer:
Public Mobile
Conditions are as per deal thread. Need to register an email address that will be used for activation. Registration must be completed by June 11. Activation must be completed by June 26 using the registered email.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020
Last edited by angel_wing0 on Jun 9th, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct thread title
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Thread Summary
Make sure to register your email address by June 11 and activate your PM plan by June 26 using your registered email address to activate you new PM account online only . Don't activate in store.

If you are undecided, register your email address anyway just in case you changed your mind late.
Ask questions.

This promo can be stacked with $35 unlimited talk and text + 2GB data plan + $10 referral credit
Details calculation at public-mobile-public-moble-flash-sale-1 ... #p32675688

Terms and conditions:
* Effective June 9 2020 until June 11 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who submit their email address online between June 9 and 11, and then activate online using the same email address they submitted on this page by June 26 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is not stackable with other promotions.

$10 credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $35/mo or higher for the first 6 months. The discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note, the first credit will be applied within 30 days of activation, the remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date. This offer is subject to change without notice.

This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.
70 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2443 posts
3164 upvotes
Looks like Pubic mobile is adding the extra step of registering email for these flash promotions.

The $35 plan has also a time limited promotion with extra data for 2 GB (instead of regular 1.5 GB).

The more popular plan is still the $40 plan with unlimited Canada talk, international text and 5 GB data.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: Looks like Pubic mobile is adding the extra step of registering email for these flash promotions.

The $35 plan has also a time limited promotion with extra data for 2 GB (instead of regular 1.5 GB).

The more popular plan is still the $40 plan with unlimited Canada talk, international text and 5 GB data.
This seems to be the new format for flash sales. I suppose one could activate the $35 plan and pay $25 for 2GB for the next 6 months and see what happens when the discounts end. Of course the rewards are still there to further temper cost.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Stacking this promo to the $35 2GB promo calculation:

$35 unlimited talk and text + 2GB data plan
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ... GB-3Gspeed
less: $2 autopay credit
less: $10 referral credit
less; $10 activation with this promo for 6 months (Register your email address before June 11)

Cost for first 30 days cycle = $35 - $22 = $13
Cost for the second - the 6th 30 days cycles = $35 - $12 = $23.
After the 6th cycle, you are paying $33/cycle.
1 year later, you will be paying $32 with the loyalty reward to max of $5/cycle. After 5 years, you are paying only $28 = $35 - $2 autopay - $5 loyalty. This is a good deal for doing nothing by just staying with PM.

Make sure to register your email address by June 11 and activate your PM plan by June 26 using your registered email address to activate you new PM account online only . Don't activate in store.
If you are undecided, register your email address anyway and ask questions.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1254 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
How good is PM for Whatsapp video calls? And what is the reception like in the GTA? Looking to sign up for parent....don't know anyone on PM for referral
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2443 posts
3164 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: How good is PM for Whatsapp video calls? And what is the reception like in the GTA? Looking to sign up for parent....don't know anyone on PM for referral
Public mobile uses Telus and Bell Tower, so coverage around GTA should be fine. The data speeds for PM is good enough for video calls. I have used for Facetime and Whatsup with no issues.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: How good is PM for Whatsapp video calls? And what is the reception like in the GTA? Looking to sign up for parent....don't know anyone on PM for referral
PM LTE capped 3Mbps is fine with WhatsApp video chat because of the low latency. With low LTE latency, VoIP calls is fine. I use WhatsApp to video call with my son and he is using PM $37 5GB plan in Vancouver.
Last edited by embguy on Jun 9th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1254 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks. So the $40 plan would be $28 for the first 6 months...for 5 gb that seems really good.
Sep 2, 2014
385 posts
634 upvotes
Vancouver
After being with Koodo for 8 years, I think I'm done with them and will make the switch to PM. Loyalty is no longer rewarded. Their plans aren't the best anymore, and their service and tab changes leave nothing attractive.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
duncancj wrote: After being with Koodo for 8 years, I think I'm done with them and will make the switch to PM. Loyalty is no longer rewarded. Their plans aren't the best anymore, and their service and tab changes leave nothing attractive.
Agree. I know a few Koodo subscribers had moved to PM and use the saving to help paying for new phones.
With autopay $2 + $1/year loyalty (max $5), you have $7 discount after 5 years.
Dec 17, 2017
102 posts
158 upvotes
Was going to sign up for PM already, and so this is a great bonus! Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
PM does not have call center. PM support is provided by sending private message to PM community forum.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... _Community
Look around and do your pre-activation research to determine whether PM is for you or not.
Ask question here or at the PM community forum.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
239 upvotes
Montreal
Public Mobile's service has been good to me. I can do video calls, watch YouTube without buffering, and of course all the other stuff like emails, browsing RFD :)

The plans are reasonnably priced. And you can get various rewards, diminishing the monthly cost.
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
482 upvotes
should have bought a $5 sim :(
Questrade | Crypto.com | BlockFi | Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2443 posts
3164 upvotes
ipxxx wrote: should have bought a $5 sim :(
Always nice to have a few PM sim cards lying around.

However, if you want to buy cheaper SIM cards, you may want to consider this vendor. Several PM community forum members have used without any issues. About one week shipping time using Canada Post. Might be longer if rural location.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Mar 4, 2007
739 posts
734 upvotes
Halifax
I legit tried to activate last night but it wouldnt let me, now I see this. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
cheruboo wrote: I legit tried to activate last night but it wouldnt let me, now I see this. Thanks OP!
PM server does not handle going back a page very well. Always restart your browser and start over again to ensure a fresh session state.
Ask if you have problem again.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
will888 wrote: Conditions are as per deal thread. Need to register an email address that will be used for activation. Registration must be completed by June 11. Activation must be completed by June 26 using the registered email.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020
This probably the best offer that is for everyone who becomes new customers since February (not restricted to only former customers). I would suggest signing up before this one is gone. Who knows when it will be back.
Last edited by computergeek541 on Jun 9th, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: Thanks. So the $40 plan would be $28 for the first 6 months...for 5 gb that seems really good.
Not quite.

Since the details say that the first $10 credit will be applied within 30 days, the first 30 days will cost $40.

The first renewal (second 30 days) will cost $26 beause of a double autopay reward paid out for that renewal.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer